Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-05-2014, 02:17 PM   #706
Drif10
Accredited Jackass

Oddometer: 46,023
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flood View Post

You all play nice, or I'll call uncle Packmule who'll delete all threads, set everything up just right and run it all on his own!

Good luck with that. Since they bought the new cabin they're always up there skiing or hiking. He ain't gonna do shit for you.
Old 01-05-2014, 02:18 PM   #707
wdeTA
TransAlp Adv

Oddometer: 448
Quote:
Originally Posted by BygDaddee View Post
Anyone got the list or link to a list of moto entrants along with the make and model of bike. It's a pain to try and get the model 1 by 1 on the dakar page
Mischa's tracking page has it
http://monitor.trackingdakar.nl/

89 Transalp
01 XR400R
http://daleeva.smugmug.com/Motorcycle
Old 01-05-2014, 02:18 PM   #708
8340SU
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,316
HRC press release

Joan Barreda rides his Honda CRF450 RALLY to victory in the Rally Dakar after 25 years

Honda had proved its strength last October with the new CRF450 RALLY, winning both the Morocco Rally and the Merzouga Rally. Thus, the team has taken command of the first stage of the 2014 edition, after 25 years of absence.

It was back on 11th January 1989 when the official Honda HRC savoured victory for the last time. That was when Gilles Lalay took the fifteenth stage of the Paris-Tunisia-Dakar. Now, in the second year back in the event after a 24 year official absence, Joan Barreda has picked up a crucial first stage win on the CRF450 RALLY. After 25 years, Honda are back in the running.

It was a very early start for the Rally Dakar. The pack of riders headed off at four in the morning on a long 405 kilometre liasion that took them towards the vibrant city of Rosario for the start of the 180 km special.

Joan Barreda on the Honda CRF450 RALLY, got off to a storming start in the special, clocking up the fastest time of all the 175 riders at the first time-check, in this, the 2014 edition of the legendary Dakar. He would repeat the same feat at the end of the stage. Team-mate Paulo GonÁalves also kept up a cracking pace, holding on to fifth place at the close.

Sam Sunderlandís Honda debut at the Dakar was productive, taking ninth position. Javier Pizzolito finished 19th and Helder Rodrigues in 22nd.

Joan Barreda 1st 2:25'31 TEAM HRC
Itís been a great day. Iím really pleased for the first win with Honda, especially for the team that has worked so hard the whole year to produce this new bike. Iím really happy to have begun the Dakar like this. Today was a tough one. Few kilometres, but with a very difficult track full of rocks and very slippery. I managed to get off really well in the second part, keep up a good pace and get a result in the end.

Paulo Goncalves 5th +02'25 TEAM HRC
Itís been a long day, over 800 kilometres and 11 hours on the bike with a very tricky special. Very technical, where I had a lot of difficulties with the bike sliding around a lot. In the second half I quickened the pace and the ride was much better. Iím very pleased for Joanís victory, which is really good for us.

Sam Sunderland 8th +04'33 TEAM HRC
Weíve finished the first day. A very long special that for us started when we had to get up at 3.00 a.m. More than 800 kilometres and a long liaison too. It was a really intense ride throughout the special. I made a minor error at the beginning and maybe because I changed the settings that punished the rear brake excessively. But in spite of everything, it hasnít been that bad a stage.

Javier Pizzolito 19th +08'09 TEAM HRC
It has been a hard stage. Being the first stage, Iíd have thought that it would be more simple. A very sinuous mountain stage, that was very physically demanding. The bike was very well behaved, so letís see how we get on in tomorrowís stage, which should be very different from todayís.

Helder Rodrigues 22th +08'58 TEAM HRC
Today was a very difficult one for me, especially being the first of the Dakar. It was very technical with a lot of bends and you had to be really careful how you handled it. Iím not very happy with the result, but I was able to finish the stage, and you canít take any risks at the Dakar just for one stage.
Old 01-05-2014, 02:22 PM   #709
Stagehand
+/- V TDSPP

Oddometer: 25,720
Quote:
Originally Posted by cvlighthouse View Post
I call shenanigans...

Official thread closed for the opening ceremony, car talk is recommended elsewhere, no official media thread, 2013's post count was down and it looks to be the same this year. Hail to the 2012 thread. The good ol days...
Oh my giddy aunt it's because not only does crhe internet suck but the 4G bites my ass also .

I guess I hafta pay for taps talk to post pics here on my phone? Can't grab the URL off FB

Ah for crying out loud, coma just posted something awesome. I'm losing my mind
Old 01-05-2014, 02:24 PM   #710
Brimstone
Super Duper n00b!

Oddometer: 618
Only 44 pages since last night? Too easy... Good to see Coma up there in second. Already a couple of the top guys crashing... Stage one is where you can win this thing right?!

Okanagan Valley - KVR Day Trip - First RR!
Old 01-05-2014, 02:28 PM   #711
Myway
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,533
British eurosport on
alternative
Old 01-05-2014, 02:29 PM   #712
SteveDennehy
Steve

Oddometer: 168
Just posted on FB:

"David (Reeve) is in. He has had a very good day and very cheerful and strong and says that he is comfortable. He would like to thank everyone for the support - it keeps him going.
He will change back to the standard KTM clutch tonight.
Sherry gave him a photo of Tom that he loves to bits and is up in his bedroom. A huge inspiration.
(For new fans, Tom Reeve is David's late father and the founder of the modern era of offroad and mx in Zambia, a true legend whose boots David has filled magnificently over the years)
The team has no wifi, so I have stopped bugging them and they are already preparing for tomorrow. I have let them know of all the support from you guys. Hopefully they will be able to connect tomorrow."

Old 01-05-2014, 02:32 PM   #713
Drif10
Accredited Jackass

Oddometer: 46,023
From Stagehand's FB page:

Old 01-05-2014, 02:32 PM   #714
garfey
Scruffy Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,339
Quote:
Originally Posted by BygDaddee View Post
Thanks but I can't see the model against each rider, am I missing something.
Column heading is "Team" but it shows bike model (except for the Escale brothers who are/were riding some sort of Suzukis).
Old 01-05-2014, 02:34 PM   #715
8340SU
Beastly Adventurer

Old 01-05-2014, 02:36 PM   #716
Bluebull2007
Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,017
Quote:
FINISH 105th GORDON ROBBY (USA) in 04:28:42 +02:08:06

Got to hand it to him for tenacity.

Tomorrow (thanks Uller):

Old 01-05-2014, 02:37 PM   #717
8340SU
Beastly Adventurer

Old 01-05-2014, 02:38 PM   #718
cyborg
Potius Sero Quam Numquam

Oddometer: 5,019
Quote:
You all play nice, or I'll call uncle Packmule who'll delete all threads, set everything up just right and run it all on his own!
Bike talk is all the best of course, but Rubby Talk is good anywhere.

So Uncle PackMule is having a life, he is missed.
Old 01-05-2014, 02:38 PM   #719
Stagehand
+/- V TDSPP

Oddometer: 25,720
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drif10 View Post
Thanks Drif! I owe you!

We were gassing up, middle of stage one when the media support dropped out! Haha!
Old 01-05-2014, 02:39 PM   #720
nry

Oddometer: 1,334
Brilliant !

Stagehand have you been drawing on the door frames again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drif10 View Post

Closed Thread