Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-14-2012, 09:05 PM   #31
scottomcgotto
Adventurer

Oddometer: 29
Haha me too mate :) the D38 holds a lot more than I was expecting, I managed to get all of my camping gear into it with plenty of room left over for water/food as well. The small bag will be more than large enough for clothing and essentials etc. so should be the perfect combination. The test will come on the weekend when I get the chance to try mounting it on the pillion seat of my Sertao with the BMW top box taking up the rack space.

Pics and a full review will come next week.
scottomcgotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 11:10 PM   #32
azgsa
Apathetic

Oddometer: 1,338
Quote:
Originally Posted by azgsa View Post
Ordering up the D66 system as soon as I get home today to use on the XChallenge (mainly) and sometimes on the GSA. Wish I would have ordered in time to use for this weekend's ride/camp w/30 guys.

Review to follow...
So I got the D66 bag system and used the D38 larger bag on a 1200 mile Southern Utah trip. Bag worked great on the back of my G650Xchallenge. Sturdy build, nice attachment mechanism. My only complaint is the slightly restricted opening size in this type dry bag. No a big deal though. This will be my bag system in the future for my G650X and GSA when a bag is needed.

Old 11-17-2012, 02:04 PM   #33
VFR
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 694
I borrowed the D38 bag from a friend to try on an overnight camping trip a couple of weeks ago. The attachment straps worked very nicely to affix to the bike. I ride a sportbike and the other dry bags I have aren't like that. The inner liner makes sure that the bag is attached the same empty or full, plus you can add/remove items from the bag without having to re-attach it to the bike.

As mentioned earlier, a wider opening would be nice. The roll opening is a different material from the bag & makes folding it much easier than if it was the heavier bag material.

I'm really tempted to buy one, perhaps even the set.

If it ain't fun, I don't do it!!!

Stuff - I need more Stuff....
VFR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 09:47 AM   #34
twistedthrottle OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 741
Quote:
Originally Posted by VFR View Post
I borrowed the D38 bag from a friend to try on an overnight camping trip a couple of weeks ago. The attachment straps worked very nicely to affix to the bike. I ride a sportbike and the other dry bags I have aren't like that. The inner liner makes sure that the bag is attached the same empty or full, plus you can add/remove items from the bag without having to re-attach it to the bike.

As mentioned earlier, a wider opening would be nice. The roll opening is a different material from the bag & makes folding it much easier than if it was the heavier bag material.

I'm really tempted to buy one, perhaps even the set.
And the love continues... We are excited with these bags and hearing all of this positive feedback from every type of rider from adventure to sport reinforces this. Thanks for the feedback.
Old 01-02-2014, 02:37 PM   #35
rxse7en
n00b

Oddometer: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by twistedthrottle View Post
And the love continues... We are excited with these bags and hearing all of this positive feedback from every type of rider from adventure to sport reinforces this. Thanks for the feedback.
Will the Daryspec D38 work on a naked sport bike?
I have a Ducati Streetfighter and want to get a tail bag for a trip.
I was thinking that the front straps can hook around the passenger pegs.
But I don't have a top rack or passenger grab handle, what is the best way to mount the rear straps?
rxse7en is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 02:47 PM   #36
twistedthrottle OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rxse7en View Post
Will the Daryspec D38 work on a naked sport bike?
I have a Ducati Streetfighter and want to get a tail bag for a trip.
I was thinking that the front straps can hook around the passenger pegs.
But I don't have a top rack or passenger grab handle, what is the best way to mount the rear straps?
I've got just the thing for this issue. License-Plate D-Ring Mounting Straps:

They bolt to the back of your license plate using the existing holes in the plate. You may need to get a longer bolt for the added width of the webbing but that would be the most complicated part.

For $2.59 problem solved.

Kev
Old 01-05-2014, 09:19 PM   #37
cba191
wanna buy a monkey?

Oddometer: 688
is it possible to attach them side by side? It just seems so tall stacked.
cba191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 02:18 AM   #38
twistedthrottle OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cba191 View Post
is it possible to attach them side by side? It just seems so tall stacked.
There are a few variables in play here. The width of the space and the two bsgs you wanted to use. I'm sure you could figure out a eay to do them side by side but i think it eould over complicate the strapping down process.

Is your concern aestetics or aero dynamically based? I can tell you that i have used a lot of luggage on a lot of bikes and rarely do things on the back of bike make a noticible difference. I have had more issue eith mis-packed side carriers causing a wobble. Aestetics I cannot help you with. You have to find a balance between your wants and needs.

Kevin
Old 01-06-2014, 12:56 PM   #39
Dewey316
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 173
I lived out of mine for 21 days and 7k miles of camping this summer. You get used to the system, and used to where things go and how to pack it, and some of these issues become...well... non-issues.

The lower bags opening is smaller that objects you might be able to put inside of it, but it is also the lower bag in the system, so think about what will be packed in there, and the order of things you use. The stuff you want quick access to, and use every night that are the first things unpacked, you put in the easy to access places.

The only issue I ever came across trying to pack this, was when I was initially trying to pack it, I had hoped to put a hard sided cooler in there, that did not fit. I ended up going with a soft sided cooler in the main bag that worked. Other than that, I found that fitting clothing for camping and camp meals and things of that nature work well in the lower bag, since I normally don't access that stuff until after camp has been set up. For things of that size and use, the opening is perfect.

Now, I do have one thing that I would change if I built the bag. I actually ran into a twisted-throttle rep while I was in Lassen NP, and mentioned this to him.

The two small side pockets are the larger bag, are useless, they have no purpose. With the hard shell in them, the pocket can not fit anything in it. I can not even put my keys out of my pocket in that area, because it is too small of a pocket. If that pocket articulated out in some way, so it was actually usable that would be perfect. I have tried to find some way to use it, and the only thing I have been able to fit in that spot is a flat key ring style bottle opener. Its a small niggle, but i think you could save money and leave that pocket/zipper off, or just put a little extra material so that it was an actual pocket that you could fit small things in it.
Dewey316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 07:45 AM   #40
Sawatch
2Old2Change

Oddometer: 423
D-28

I'd been looking for a dry bag for my camping gear and one that would fit my XT.
My set-up is a minimalist style & I found that the D-28 was the perfect size for a stacked top bag. The daisy chain loops gives variable attachment points & I can use the straps for attaching the body of the bag and the end of the bag. It makes for a very secure fit. Great quality too.
Old 05-17-2014, 07:11 PM   #41
1chrisb
Adventurer

Oddometer: 38
Do the black bags get hot after a day full of sunshine?
1chrisb is online now   Reply With Quote