ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Racing
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-06-2014, 12:25 AM   #886
Martino
Adventurer
 
Joined: Feb 2003
Location: Tallinn, Estonia
Oddometer: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capo Sakke View Post
Yep, third rally for Toomas and first one was less 10 months ago....
Toomas is quite fast on that kind of soil, and Mart likes more sand... hope that they have improve they navigation skills since last rallyes.

Well done so far.
Good morning! Here we go again :).
__________________
2002 KTM LC4 640 Adventure
2011 GasGas EC250 Racing
Martino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 12:31 AM   #887
Vicks
I love sand !!!
 
Vicks's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2006
Location: Abu Dhabi, UAE
Oddometer: 2,962
Quote:
Originally Posted by too old View Post
"The fastest Special Stage of the rally" - it's a pity we don't have irritack to see who max's out, but someone will have the time and the inclination to come up with aggreGate speeds of each of the sub stages I'm sure will it be crash bang even though he is leading off?
Why do you think Sam won't be the one posting highest speed ?
__________________
'07 KTM Adv990S - Gone to a good home
'10 KTM 530Exc-Rally, some items for sale
No myriad hues of laser lights, no bottles that are oozing with nectars from heaven
No beautiful body soft and warm to the touch but, i have a very small desire
Give me a dark... long... winding road, three gears to go and my Hellas on fire !!
Vicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 12:33 AM   #888
nry
.
 
nry's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2008
Location: Sydney
Oddometer: 1,197
3.5 hours till the first bikes go into the stage....11pm here to be exact.
I need to change location for this time next year
nry is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 12:35 AM   #889
Aussie66
Studly Adventurer
 
Aussie66's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: Dubai Desert
Oddometer: 770
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicks View Post
Why do you think Sam won't be the one posting highest speed ?
Because AVG speed wins
__________________
"If at first you dont succeed then skydiving is not for you."
Aussie66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 12:38 AM   #890
troy safari carpente
Team f5ool
 
troy safari carpente's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: f5ederation of scandwegia
Oddometer: 16,842
Liason MOTO's to SS2

Quote:
Originally Posted by too old View Post
At this juncture it would be about time the first bikes are leaving left the Bivouac
Yep Bam Bam led them away from San Luis at 4.30 am on the 304 km transport section down to the DSS start for todays Moto* (359 km) course. *NOTE that Autos and Trucks take a longer 433 km route - I suspect this so that the leading cars don't catch up with the tail enders of the MOTO category?

Todays terrain (at least the last third) will be considerably more technical than yesterdays gravel roads - so for those that floundered yesterday, today could be a blow? Touted as the "fastest" of this years stages, I take that to mean the opening kilometers (up to refuel CP at 177 km) must have some wide open trails to follow?

HoWilds google-fu has revealed that there are "whoops" for a 10 km stretch that will give the participants something to chew on... and Ned will be keeping an eye on the "one, tow three... eject!" cases by the sounds of things.

For sure getting the whoops "right" is a matter of having your suspension set up and your throttle/timing right. Once up to speed, having the "b¤lls" to keep the momentum up, is the key - drop down into them and the "dancing" suddenly goes all "mosh pit" on yo' ass!

Hope the camera chopper is trackingsome of the go-fasters along that section... it will make for some good footage!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepy John
"There is a difference between constructive criticism and plain rudeness."


Quote:
Originally Posted by zenjen
"It's like deja vu all over again."

Quote:
Originally posted by PBee
"...the Barstid never gives you anything for your Sig line, it's always too long........."
troy safari carpente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 12:44 AM   #891
too old
Keen supporter
 
too old's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2011
Location: Sandy waste
Oddometer: 2,327
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicks View Post
Why do you think Sam won't be the one posting highest speed ?
I'm not wishing to temp fate of any sort, but I'm sure he will be up there. A few issues yesterday which cost a bit of time and starting from 8th he is well placed for a quick time - the quickest, not sure if he wants it at the moment
too old is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 12:50 AM   #892
troy safari carpente
Team f5ool
 
troy safari carpente's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: f5ederation of scandwegia
Oddometer: 16,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie66 View Post
Because AVG speed wins
I dunno 'bout that...?

Good ol' SPEED was pretty average yesterday... an' he definately ain't winning!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepy John
"There is a difference between constructive criticism and plain rudeness."


Quote:
Originally Posted by zenjen
"It's like deja vu all over again."

Quote:
Originally posted by PBee
"...the Barstid never gives you anything for your Sig line, it's always too long........."
troy safari carpente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 01:00 AM   #893
640 Armageddon
-oo-
 
640 Armageddon's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: Greece
Oddometer: 1,756
Morning guys.... I read the post, but feel sleepy... And it is only day too.... How is it possible to get insomnia?

Martino's FB



And let's not forget this

Quote:
WP1 @ 47km
WP2 @ 118km
WP3 @ 147km
CP1/WP4/refuel @ 177km
WP5 @ 259 or 269km (@split course)
WP6 @ 278km
WP7 @ 313km
ASS @ 259km
__________________
Aurora Rally Equipment
"Do or Do Not. There is No Try" - Yoda
640 Armageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 01:07 AM   #894
troy safari carpente
Team f5ool
 
troy safari carpente's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: f5ederation of scandwegia
Oddometer: 16,842


WP1 @ 47km
WP2 @ 118km
WP3 @ 147km
CP1/WP4/refuel @ 177km
WP5 @ 259 or 269km (@split course)
WP6 @ 278km
WP7 @ 313km
ASS @ 359km
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepy John
"There is a difference between constructive criticism and plain rudeness."


Quote:
Originally Posted by zenjen
"It's like deja vu all over again."

Quote:
Originally posted by PBee
"...the Barstid never gives you anything for your Sig line, it's always too long........."
troy safari carpente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 01:10 AM   #895
Gimme 2
Team slo ass
 
Gimme 2's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: still looking
Oddometer: 1,888
Quote:
Originally Posted by nry View Post
3.5 hours till the first bikes go into the stage....11pm here to be exact.
I need to change location for this time next year
Holiday in South America , i'l share expenses Nry. My better half will drive the back up vehicle!
Gimme 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 01:21 AM   #896
bend27
by hook or by crook
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: Melbourne - Amsterdam
Oddometer: 1,158
Room for one more?
bend27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 01:22 AM   #897
640 Armageddon
-oo-
 
640 Armageddon's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: Greece
Oddometer: 1,756
Quote:
Originally Posted by bend27 View Post
Room for one more?


Oriol Escale

__________________
Aurora Rally Equipment
"Do or Do Not. There is No Try" - Yoda
640 Armageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 01:28 AM   #898
640 Armageddon
-oo-
 
640 Armageddon's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: Greece
Oddometer: 1,756
From FB. - Oriol comments

Google translation:
''Oriol: It was not the start we had in mind! We have lived a hellish day. "Gilbert has had a problem with the chain and the link and was forced to stop twice to fix it. We thought we had done it but when we had 20 km in the stage the chain broke and created a hole in the engine case, which then lost all the oil. I've towed for 40 miles until we found a kind soul who lent us some oil. We have managed to repair the bike and resume the race but not for long: 20 km later, the chain again broke and this time there was nothing to repair ... So Gilbert told me to go on, he's apañaría as best they could achieve ... I hope I get out of this''

''Oriol: !No ha sido el comienzo que teníamos en mente! Hemos vivido una jornada infernal. “Gilbert ha tenido un problema con la cadena ya en el enlace y se ha visto obligado a detenerse en dos ocasiones para arreglarlo. Pensábamos que lo había conseguido pero cuando llevábamos 20 km de espacial se le ha roto irremediablemente la cadena y ha perforado el cárter de la moto, que perdía a continuación todo el aceite. Le he remolcado durante más de 40 km, hasta que hemos encontrado un alma caritativa que nos ha prestado un poco de aceite. Hemos conseguido reparar la moto y reanudar la carrera pero no por mucho tiempo: 20 km más tarde, la cadena volvía a romperse y esta vez ya no había nada que reparar… Así que Gilbert me ha dicho que continuara, que él se las apañaría como buenamente pudiera… Espero que logre salir de ésta''
__________________
Aurora Rally Equipment
"Do or Do Not. There is No Try" - Yoda
640 Armageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 01:35 AM   #899
640 Armageddon
-oo-
 
640 Armageddon's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: Greece
Oddometer: 1,756
Somebody asked what the riders are eating.

This is what the bosses are having for breakfast

From Martino Bianchi's FB



EDIT:

Chavo relaxing after first stage. And I want to comment on this. Having special crews to treat the riders makes ENORMOUS difference in the course of 13 days... I cannot imagine how Malle Moto's are coping and what on earth is going on in their bodies and mind. They have my total respect

__________________
Aurora Rally Equipment
"Do or Do Not. There is No Try" - Yoda
640 Armageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 01:37 AM   #900
tehdutchie
Beastly Adventurer
 
tehdutchie's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: Amsterdam or on Twitter @antal
Oddometer: 1,697
Quote:
Originally Posted by 640 Armageddon View Post
From FB. - Oriol comments

Google translation:
''Oriol: It was not the start we had in mind! We have lived a hellish day. "Gilbert has had a problem with the chain and the link and was forced to stop twice to fix it. We thought we had done it but when we had 20 km in the stage the chain broke and created a hole in the engine case, which then lost all the oil. I've towed for 40 miles until we found a kind soul who lent us some oil. We have managed to repair the bike and resume the race but not for long: 20 km later, the chain again broke and this time there was nothing to repair ... So Gilbert told me to go on, he's apañaría as best they could achieve ... I hope I get out of this''

''Oriol: !No ha sido el comienzo que teníamos en mente! Hemos vivido una jornada infernal. “Gilbert ha tenido un problema con la cadena ya en el enlace y se ha visto obligado a detenerse en dos ocasiones para arreglarlo. Pensábamos que lo había conseguido pero cuando llevábamos 20 km de espacial se le ha roto irremediablemente la cadena y ha perforado el cárter de la moto, que perdía a continuación todo el aceite. Le he remolcado durante más de 40 km, hasta que hemos encontrado un alma caritativa que nos ha prestado un poco de aceite. Hemos conseguido reparar la moto y reanudar la carrera pero no por mucho tiempo: 20 km más tarde, la cadena volvía a romperse y esta vez ya no había nada que reparar… Así que Gilbert me ha dicho que continuara, que él se las apañaría como buenamente pudiera… Espero que logre salir de ésta''
Wow!! Did he get a tow in though??
__________________
=> http://www.eatdirt.nl/blog <=
tehdutchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 07:32 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014