Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2014, 02:38 PM   #3691
SloDon
Hey...where am I?

Oddometer: 622
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowoldguy View Post
Woohoo! Two into one sounds good. This was always a 3 part product with the Air just being a necessary pre-cursor to the Cool and the Smooth. That was always clear, at least to me.

So our ADV communal garage/basement upgrade experiment continues. IN For the new thigamagig.

The process evolves but the process continues.
Ditto!

I'm with SOG here.........excited about the "Combo" product!

Will continue to run at the 30 degree setting till it is ready.

Onward!

SloDon
Don't grow up.......it's a trap!!
Old 01-06-2014, 06:13 AM   #3692
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Oddometer: 11,851

Below is a Fitment Chart regarding the additional plug-in part for the IICE Air on all fuel-injected BMW models.

Green models use the IICE Air with the extra plug-in.
Blue models use the IICE Air without the extra plug-in.

IICE Air Hotrod your GS  Fuel Injection  Tech Info  Buy  Order List  Installation

Poolside screwed with this post 01-06-2014 at 07:38 AM
Old 01-06-2014, 12:08 PM   #3693
Wallowa
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,239
Thanks For The Recent Info...Sorting This Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolside View Post
Below is a Fitment Chart regarding the additional plug-in part for the IICE Air on all fuel-injected BMW models.

Thanks for this clarification...remember from our end, all this has been at the least confusing and seemingly protracted but the chart and your recent Q&A post addressing the issues does help bring all of this into focus.

As I read back at postings on this and the vendor site...you were expecting a small number of "add on" 'boards' about 10-14 days from 1-4 to test.

And you said that tonight you will post on the vendor site information concerning the purchase of the 2 in 1 device and acquisition of the add-on upgrade device.

We owners using the IICE Air that need modification to perform as intended can either: Ask for a free add-on upgrade device for the IICE Airs we have purchased; or, Purchase the 2 in 1 [Smooth plus digital IICE Air] and receive a credit for our original IICE Air purchases toward the price of this 2 in 1 unit.

So I guess it is now waiting time for us. I am assuming the boards to be tested are going to be used in both the add-on and the new 2 in 1 devices; so this is going to take some time.

What would really be appreciated would be a projected date of when we will actually have either device in-hand to install on our bikes. I know this is tough considering all that is happening, but even an estimate with timely updates as that estimate might change will go a long way in calming the waters.

Just my take and as always, I could be wrong....
Old 01-06-2014, 12:15 PM   #3694
Happy Wanderer
Day Dreaming.. .

Oddometer: 203
Quote:

Is this fitment chart according to BMW OEM AIT sensor part numbers or according to BMW ECU type and part numbers?
Old 01-06-2014, 01:46 PM   #3695
jadoca
Adventurer

Oddometer: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallowa View Post
Thanks for this clarification...remember from our end, all this has been at the least confusing and seemingly protracted but the chart and your recent Q&A post addressing the issues does help bring all of this into focus.

As I read back at postings on this and the vendor site...you were expecting a small number of "add on" 'boards' about 10-14 days from 1-4 to test.

And you said that tonight you will post on the vendor site information concerning the purchase of the 2 in 1 device and acquisition of the add-on upgrade device.

We owners using the IICE Air that need modification to perform as intended can either: Ask for a free add-on upgrade device for the IICE Airs we have purchased; or, Purchase the 2 in 1 [Smooth plus digital IICE Air] and receive a credit for our original IICE Air purchases toward the price of this 2 in 1 unit.

So I guess it is now waiting time for us. I am assuming the boards to be tested are going to be used in both the add-on and the new 2 in 1 devices; so this is going to take some time.

What would really be appreciated would be a projected date of when we will actually have either device in-hand to install on our bikes. I know this is tough considering all that is happening, but even an estimate with timely updates as that estimate might change will go a long way in calming the waters.

Just my take and as always, I could be wrong....
How much and how long for both devices? If that doesn't work for me how about a refund to go purchase a devices that works right now? Is that fair?
Old 01-07-2014, 04:47 AM   #3696
Daweise1
n00b

Oddometer: 2
Smooth and two Airs..??

Quote:

So, if my motorcycle is in Blue, than the existing Air will work on my bike.... Ok

If I want the Smooth, I have to now buy an Smooth and a Air combined now??? More than a little curious how that is going to work......
Old 01-07-2014, 05:20 AM   #3697
x_hog_ridr
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 274
Quote:

So, my bike is a Camhead. R1200RT 2011.
Do I assume that I fit into the Hexhead group, or is the Camhead the same for this?
Old 01-07-2014, 06:03 AM   #3698
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Quote:
Originally Posted by x_hog_ridr View Post

So, my bike is a Camhead. R1200RT 2011.
Do I assume that I fit into the Hexhead group, or is the Camhead the same for this?
Oh, yes. Camhead is in the Hexhead group. I'll add Camhead in there. Thanks.

IICE Air Hotrod your GS  Fuel Injection  Tech Info  Buy  Order List  Installation
Old 01-07-2014, 06:11 AM   #3699
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daweise1 View Post

If I want the Smooth, I have to now buy an Smooth and a Air combined now??? More than a little curious how that is going to work......
I'll venture you'll like it. Look for a post in the Vendor thread in a couple of hours.

Old 01-07-2014, 07:08 AM   #3700
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallowa View Post

I am assuming the boards to be tested are going to be used in both the add-on and the new 2 in 1 devices; so this is going to take some time.

Thanks Phil, for being in on this from the beginning. I appreciate your underlining how confusing this has been, especially with all the various players. Everything is about to come into focus.

The add-on (aka plug-in) board for the IICE Air is a separate item. Not related to the dual-function Smooth and Air digital. Regarding estimates, updates, and the road ahead, look for usual the 'designer's notebook' posts, with photos to journal the development process.

Jim

Old 01-07-2014, 02:02 PM   #3701
staticPort
Meditrider

Oddometer: 147
So how long?

Poolside,
I have one IICE Air installed on an R1200R and another on order that has not been shipped yet. Supposing I want to upgrade both to the new digital Air and Smooth combo product, what kind of time frame am I looking at? And do I pay now and wait for whenever?

Near as I can tell the installed Air product is working fine on the R12R, but what do I know?
Old 01-07-2014, 03:56 PM   #3702
ghostrider1964
Edumacated Red Neck

Oddometer: 6,654
Quote:

I am gonna need the attachment for both the R1200GSA and my HP2E. I guess the whole smoohhhh
TEXAS-ROLL THE BONES RALLY 6 10/23-10/25/2015: ?.......
http://www.rollthebonesrally.com/
Old 01-07-2014, 05:45 PM   #3703
fellowsja
Momma's Boy

Oddometer: 102
Quote:
Regarding estimates, updates, and the road ahead, look for usual the 'designer's notebook' posts, with photos to journal the development process.

Jim

After 2 years of waiting, "more of the same" as the way forward for this project isn't good enough. I am out.

Jason
Old 01-07-2014, 09:22 PM   #3704
hopskipjump
Adventurer

Oddometer: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by fellowsja View Post
After 2 years of waiting, "more of the same" as the way forward for this project isn't good enough. I am out.

Jason
How could someone be waiting two years?

Jim when does the next shipment, which was scheduled for October actually ship?

thanks....

SS
Old 01-07-2014, 11:09 PM   #3705
CamoGreg
Can you see me?

Oddometer: 4,117
Quote:
Originally Posted by hopskipjump View Post
How could someone be waiting two years?

Jim when does the next shipment, which was scheduled for October actually ship?

thanks....

SS
Actually, in a few months it will be more like 3 years.
Here's my view of the history timeline:

11-2010 talk begins about the idea.
There will be several components released in stages. Total system performance requires each component be purchased when available as production will be limited and if the components aren't purchased when available, subsequent components are useless.

3-2011 ordering begins for initial component IICE Air.

I believe I ordered mine in March, 2011. I've never installed it as I only purchased to not be excluded from the benefits of the other component releases.
As it turns out, it wouldn't have benefitted my R1200 much anyway.

This excessively long development time coupled with this latest snafu has seriously undermined my confidence that I'll ever see the total performance package that was originally discussed.

I've clocked another 40K on my bike since ordering the first piece of the puzzle.
I understand the frustration.
Closed Thread