ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Orange Crush > Ridiculous streetbikes with 6 CPUs and too much horsepower (1050/1190/1290cc)
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-09-2014, 04:08 AM   #1
scottlarking OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 21
1190 adv buttons sticking

The up and down buttons are getting stuck on the controls on the left. Is anyone else having this problem or solved it?
scottlarking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 04:47 AM   #2
Tancakar
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 360
Yesterday I had a problem that the up and down buttons stick and I find it weird . I will try to put WD40 tomorrow
Tancakar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 07:49 AM   #3
car94
What's this Box for?

Oddometer: 3,414
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottlarking View Post
The up and down buttons are getting stuck on the controls on the left. Is anyone else having this problem or solved it?
You need to use squelch oil with Hippo hands!
Old 01-09-2014, 08:59 AM   #4
Black Hills
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,091
all the electronics are giving me a bit of anxiety.. last night while setting things up I get a "General Failure" sign that takes up the entire screen. after some playing around I realized I had turned on the non-existent heated grips. turned them off and the message went away. its going to take a little getting used to.
Black Hills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 09:23 AM   #5
youngblood
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 353
This is similar to complex vehicles that are a fact of life nowadays. My Land Rover has over a dozen computers that talk to one another, throw faults when there are issues. I for one think this is one reason many vehicles have a bad rep when it comes to electronics...they tell you everything. If a voltage is off somewhere, you get a fault. The question is, do you want to know this?

Recently, I had a fault on the headlight alignment system of my LR when it gets very cold it seems. That may stress some people out who'd rather not know this, I guess. For me, the next time it is in the dealer, I have evidence to point toward an issue they can investigate and fix under warranty. This event can also serve as evidence later when it is out of warranty.

These are complex vehicles. The question is always, like many things in life, is the extra complexity worth the benefit?

I have never had ABS on a motorcycle, and I remember early systems that had issues (thank you BMW). Now I take delivery of an 1190 and grab a full lever on the front on a gravel road and it just stops. Is it worth it? Definitely. Is it worth it when it there is a car that pulls out in front of me in the future on that same gravel road? Most definitely.

2014 KTM Adv 1190R
2007 KTM Adv 990S Dakar 7k miles FOR SALE
2005 KTM 525 SX Supermoto/Rally
2002 KTM LC4 Supermoto (old GumbyDave-mobile)
youngblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 09:49 AM   #6
Black Hills
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,091
Quote:
Originally Posted by youngblood View Post
This is similar to complex vehicles that are a fact of life nowadays. My Land Rover has over a dozen computers that talk to one another, throw faults when there are issues. I for one think this is one reason many vehicles have a bad rep when it comes to electronics...they tell you everything. If a voltage is off somewhere, you get a fault. The question is, do you want to know this?

Recently, I had a fault on the headlight alignment system of my LR when it gets very cold it seems. That may stress some people out who'd rather not know this, I guess. For me, the next time it is in the dealer, I have evidence to point toward an issue they can investigate and fix under warranty. This event can also serve as evidence later when it is out of warranty.

These are complex vehicles. The question is always, like many things in life, is the extra complexity worth the benefit?

I have never had ABS on a motorcycle, and I remember early systems that had issues (thank you BMW). Now I take delivery of an 1190 and grab a full lever on the front on a gravel road and it just stops. Is it worth it? Definitely. Is it worth it when it there is a car that pulls out in front of me in the future on that same gravel road? Most definitely.
this is my first bike with ABS as well, one of the reason I bought it was how well a friends Tennerre's electronics work. I'm sure I will be fine once I get used to it.
Black Hills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 05:12 PM   #7
Todd-Squad
See Ya, Bye.

Oddometer: 770
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tancakar View Post
Yesterday I had a problem that the up and down buttons stick and I find it weird . I will try to put WD40 tomorrow

If it were me I would use Electrical Component Cleaner. I'd be worried about some of the additives in WD40. ECC is made for cleaning electrical connections.
Old 01-09-2014, 07:28 PM   #8
OrangeV
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 514
Guys

I hope this helps anyone to get familiar with the menu...

Cheers

OrangeV screwed with this post 01-10-2014 at 02:06 AM
OrangeV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 10:28 PM   #9
Katoom72
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 830
WD40 is terrible to use on electronics. You're gonna make your sticky buttons even more sticky...
'00 KTM 250sx -- '03 KTM 450sx -- '03 Yamaha R6 -- '08 KTM SuperDuke R --- '13 KTM 690 enduro R
Katoom72 is offline   Reply With Quote