ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-10-2014, 06:38 PM   #63721
Gonzo_Matt
Random Hero
 
Gonzo_Matt's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: Sparta, Ohio
Oddometer: 2,099
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCQTT View Post
There is a stop sign in front of my house as my property is bordered by a intersection or crossroads (whatever you prefer)

I have some large stickers I got from Aerostitch that say DRIVING in big white letters and underneath in smaller letters it says (Ride a Motorcycle) the background is red & it is designed to go on a stop sign to say .....

STOP
DRIVING
Ride a Motorcycle
I put it on the stop sign in front of my house....In less than a week there was a brand new stop sign in its place. Not certain why they just didn't peel the sticker off. I should mention it is a tar and chip road that only sees about 50 cars a day at most.
That thing is probably in some county workers home garage.
I know where it is.....
__________________
My ambition far exceeds my talent

My VW Double Cab Truck Build thread
Gonzo_Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 06:44 PM   #63722
muddyrabbit
Lost Boy
 
muddyrabbit's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Location: Fugawee Land.
Oddometer: 3,555
Quote:
Originally Posted by krumgrinder View Post
This man is obviously wise beyond his years...
I've packed a lot of stupidty into my first 37 years. Still I feel i can do more.
muddyrabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 06:45 PM   #63723
muddyrabbit
Lost Boy
 
muddyrabbit's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Location: Fugawee Land.
Oddometer: 3,555
Wait, i'm only 36. so I'm doing better than I thought.
muddyrabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 07:02 PM   #63724
GailCallsMeKarl
Squirrel w/ no nuts
 
GailCallsMeKarl's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2011
Location: Tioga, Texas
Oddometer: 834
Quote:
Originally Posted by sion View Post
did you just call GCMK a pole-dancer?

oh wait, you meant poll
Hahaha!!!!!!

This will teach me to actually work and wait until the evening to check the thread.

No on the Strom. They couldn't get it low enough. It was a good deal. A brand new 2012 adventure for $7k.
Finally sat on a G650GS and an F650GS. The Standard F will most likely still be too tall, but Elvis Jr taught me a bad ass trick to get on a tall, heavier bike and get it upright today!!!!! I was able to get the F upright but was tippy toe on one foot. Zach was concerned about parking lot maneuvers on one toe. I'll ride the G tomorrow for giggles. It was a lot lower, 2 toes easy. Honestly, the yellow G looks more like a dirt bike. I'm ok with that.

The 690 Duke still wants to be in the mix.
__________________
"....the poster child for "Bike-Fu for Women", self defense techniques on the trail." ~ Danjal

Shortypants Bike: CRF150X
GailCallsMeKarl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 07:24 PM   #63725
JessieRat
Gnarly Adventurer
 
JessieRat's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2011
Oddometer: 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by muddyrabbit View Post
Over time you will recognie a combination of things, like a patina of several different kinds of dirt/mud/dust on the bike and gear, a jaunty swagger that upon further observation is a severe limp, and of course extensive knowledge about how to pick up dropped bikes in a wide range of terrain.
Oh! I've seen those guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich B View Post
Your forgot an important one......they ALL know the exact location of the best BBQ places, best places for pie, and the best places for breakfast........
Do they have the oval PIE sticker? Or is that just a BMW thing?
__________________
JessieRat

~Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away~
JessieRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 07:30 PM   #63726
muddyrabbit
Lost Boy
 
muddyrabbit's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Location: Fugawee Land.
Oddometer: 3,555
a lot of us have an oval shape due to pie
muddyrabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 07:49 PM   #63727
JessieRat
Gnarly Adventurer
 
JessieRat's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2011
Oddometer: 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeefZah View Post
This is my wife Meredith (MeefZhette) and I on a trip to WV a few months ago. She rides a 2007 Strom (in the background). She likes meeting other female riders; but most of the ones around here are cruiser riders and their riding style aggravates her. She came back from a girls ride not too long ago bitching because the other girls were riding too slowly and were tottering through the curves.

Last time I went on a "Women on Wheels" ride it was just like that too.

There are more and more serious women riders out there. Tell her not to give up!
__________________
JessieRat

~Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away~
JessieRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 08:08 PM   #63728
JessieRat
Gnarly Adventurer
 
JessieRat's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2011
Oddometer: 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by GailCallsMeKarl View Post
Hahaha!!!!!!

This will teach me to actually work and wait until the evening to check the thread.

No on the Strom. They couldn't get it low enough. It was a good deal. A brand new 2012 adventure for $7k.
Finally sat on a G650GS and an F650GS. The Standard F will most likely still be too tall, but Elvis Jr taught me a bad ass trick to get on a tall, heavier bike and get it upright today!!!!! I was able to get the F upright but was tippy toe on one foot. Zach was concerned about parking lot maneuvers on one toe. I'll ride the G tomorrow for giggles. It was a lot lower, 2 toes easy. Honestly, the yellow G looks more like a dirt bike. I'm ok with that.

The 690 Duke still wants to be in the mix.
Have you tried the F700 GS? It is shorter than the F800, maybe shorter than the 650. You can get it with a low chassis. I sat on the low chassis one, and I was flat-footing it in my sandals. I don't know what the actual seat height is, but I would guess 28" or 29".

They have one with the low chassis at Motohio in Columbus. Go try it on!

I LOVE my F700 GS! I got the one with the regular chassis. They said if I wanted to go off road I should get as much ground clearance as I could possibly handle. That was the 700GS with the normal chassis and low seat.
__________________
JessieRat

~Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away~
JessieRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 08:09 PM   #63729
mgorman
Crashing since 1964
 
mgorman's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2006
Location: Massillon, Ohio
Oddometer: 4,899
Quote:
Originally Posted by rxcrider View Post
As long as we are on the topic of dancing women...

Thanks, That made the rods in my back hurt!!







Quote:
Originally Posted by JessieRat View Post

Do they have the oval PIE sticker? Or is that just a BMW thing?


__________________
Michael

AES Racing - Crow Canyon Riding Park
mgorman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 08:18 PM   #63730
JessieRat
Gnarly Adventurer
 
JessieRat's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2011
Oddometer: 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgorman View Post
Thanks, That made the rods in my back hurt!!











Sah - WHEET!
__________________
JessieRat

~Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away~
JessieRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 06:02 AM   #63731
muddyrabbit
Lost Boy
 
muddyrabbit's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Location: Fugawee Land.
Oddometer: 3,555
Quote:
Originally Posted by JessieRat View Post
Have you tried the F700 GS? It is shorter than the F800, maybe shorter than the 650. You can get it with a low chassis. I sat on the low chassis one, and I was flat-footing it in my sandals. I don't know what the actual seat height is, but I would guess 28" or 29".

They have one with the low chassis at Motohio in Columbus. Go try it on!

I LOVE my F700 GS! I got the one with the regular chassis. They said if I wanted to go off road I should get as much ground clearance as I could possibly handle. That was the 700GS with the normal chassis and low seat.
GCMC is not your average shorty. I would describe her as awesomely short, because you just can't stack such highly concentrated awesome very high. I've known a bunch of Shorty Lady's that learned to ride but did not appreciate the, um, depth of her problem until I met her in person. She is the poster child for "you can do anything you put your mind to".
muddyrabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 06:34 AM   #63732
Danjal
Insert wit here.
 
Danjal's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2011
Location: Location,Location
Oddometer: 2,128
Quote:
Originally Posted by muddyrabbit View Post
GCMC is not your average shorty. I would describe her as awesomely short, because you just can't stack such highly concentrated awesome very high. I've known a bunch of Shorty Lady's that learned to ride but did not appreciate the, um, depth of her problem until I met her in person. She is the poster child for "you can do anything you put your mind to".
And the poster child for "Bike-fu for women, self defense techniques on the trail"

Did the drunken garage thing ever get going?
Danjal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 06:52 AM   #63733
Gonzo_Matt
Random Hero
 
Gonzo_Matt's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: Sparta, Ohio
Oddometer: 2,099
She makes good cookies as well.....

I'm curious why so many dual sporters love pie....it's so strange that the demographics overlap so severely.
__________________
My ambition far exceeds my talent

My VW Double Cab Truck Build thread
Gonzo_Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 07:03 AM   #63734
JessieRat
Gnarly Adventurer
 
JessieRat's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2011
Oddometer: 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danjal View Post
And the poster child for "Bike-fu for women, self defense techniques on the trail"

Did the drunken garage thing ever get going?
Yay! I hope to meet you sometime, GCMC!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
__________________
JessieRat

~Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away~
JessieRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 07:04 AM   #63735
JessieRat
Gnarly Adventurer
 
JessieRat's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2011
Oddometer: 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzo_Matt View Post
She makes good cookies as well.....

I'm curious why so many dual sporters love pie....it's so strange that the demographics overlap so severely.
Are you implying that there are people who don't love pie? That's crazy talk.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
__________________
JessieRat

~Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away~
JessieRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 04:55 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014