Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-18-2013, 03:46 PM   #181
Hucker
Lost

Oddometer: 672
Status check on ladies-fit...my wife is bugging me.

Hucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 05:48 AM   #182
Domiken OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 637
We hope every ADVRider had a wonderful holiday and a Happy New Year!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbit123 View Post
I took advantage of the Thanksgiving special and have now had a chance to try them on. I usually wear a loose fit 36x30 jean (so maybe more like a 38x30 regular cut) and was initially concerned with 32" being the shortest length. I ordered a 38x32 pair and the length works perfectly fine with riding boots on. The pants feel comfortable and the bit of elasticity (2% spandex) in the jeans make the straight leg fit doable for me, otherwise it would probably be too tight in the thigh and waist.

I was looking for a casual pant option to use when meeting up with friends. While aesthetically I would prefer a looser fit jean that would make the body armor less noticeable, it would ruin the protective aspect as the armor would likely shift in a get off.

I'd love the ability to remove the armor when I'm not on the bike, but taking the jeans off to do so isn't a reasonable option for me, so I'll just leave them in. A great advancement from the manufacturer (in my opinion) would be a zipper that runs along the seem near the knee to be able to remove the knee armor (i.e. the rukka armas pants ... http://www.webbikeworld.com/r4/rukka-armas-pants/ ), assuming it wouldn't ruin how the jeans would hold up in a wreck.

Hope this review is helpful. I won't get a chance to ride with them until the weather warms, but I'm happy to answer any questions in the interim.
Thanks for you review. We love feedback and suggestions, so when you do ride with them feel free to post up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hucker View Post
Status check on ladies-fit...my wife is bugging me.

No ladies just yet, this year will be a great year though
Old 01-06-2014, 03:16 PM   #183
deaf1
Adventurer

Oddometer: 45
Any word when you will release the CE test data showing Level 2?

Wont order till then...
deaf1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 05:10 PM   #184
Domiken OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by deaf1 View Post
Any word when you will release the CE test data showing Level 2?

Wont order till then...
Yes, it will be officially released in a few weeks, look out for the announcement.
Old 01-10-2014, 08:53 AM   #185
jokermtb
Blues Ripper

Oddometer: 112
I've been mining the internet to do research on some denim riding jeans, and stumbled upon your product - it appears very well thought out, especially with the low profile armor. Clever ideas presented by your product. Too bad I missed the T-giving sale...! I'm still looking, but so far, you're at the top of the heap.
Old 01-10-2014, 12:34 PM   #186
Domiken OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jokermtb View Post
I've been mining the internet to do research on some denim riding jeans, and stumbled upon your product - it appears very well thought out, especially with the low profile armor. Clever ideas presented by your product. Too bad I missed the T-giving sale...! I'm still looking, but so far, you're at the top of the heap.
Thanks for checking us out, feel free to do some thorough research and let us know if we can answer any questions. Cheers.
Old 01-11-2014, 03:44 PM   #187
thistle66
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 372
Black? When?

c'mon, c'mon. Us consumers are a demanding bunch and we want answers.

I always tell people to not bother gettign me birthday presents but apparently my in-laws rrrrrreeeaaally want to get me something this year, so my wife is insisting I choose something, just to make them happy. So get on and throw up some black lean angle jeans, will ya. Then it'll be win-win all round.

ninja edit: Oh wait: could i get a pair and dye them a good black myself by throwing them in the washing machine with one of those dye tablets...?

thistle66 screwed with this post 01-11-2014 at 03:53 PM
thistle66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 08:34 PM   #188
Domiken OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thistle66 View Post
Black? When?

c'mon, c'mon. Us consumers are a demanding bunch and we want answers.

I always tell people to not bother gettign me birthday presents but apparently my in-laws rrrrrreeeaaally want to get me something this year, so my wife is insisting I choose something, just to make them happy. So get on and throw up some black lean angle jeans, will ya. Then it'll be win-win all round.

ninja edit: Oh wait: could i get a pair and dye them a good black myself by throwing them in the washing machine with one of those dye tablets...?
We don't have a date just yet, you guys know I always update ADV first on new information, I will let you guys know when its available.

Regarding utilizing dye, we do not condone any type of modifications.

The blue ones are nice
Old 01-15-2014, 12:58 PM   #189
Hesaid
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 923
Just a quick question, is your website up? I tried following the link in your signature, but to no avail. Someone else wanna give it a shot?

MV
Old 01-15-2014, 01:12 PM   #190
Domiken OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesaid View Post
Just a quick question, is your website up? I tried following the link in your signature, but to no avail. Someone else wanna give it a shot?

MV
Hi MV, yes it is up. I just checked via the forum, and mobile, works for me with no issues.
Old 01-15-2014, 05:52 PM   #191
Hesaid
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 923
Quote:
Originally Posted by Domiken View Post
Hi MV, yes it is up. I just checked via the forum, and mobile, works for me with no issues.
Ok, I tried again and now it's working. Earlier neither your sig link, nor a Google search would yield any results. Thanks for checking.

MV
Old 01-27-2014, 05:58 AM   #192
Domiken OP
Studly Adventurer

We are happy to announce the jeans are now CE Certified under the European Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Directive.

The Lean Angle Jeans have been tested, and examined to assure their compliance with technical standard: EN 13595-1 Level 2

Every pair ordered will now come with a Lean Angle Jeans Manual.

Domiken screwed with this post 01-28-2014 at 04:21 PM
Domiken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 07:14 AM   #193
GB
Mod Squad

Oddometer: 55,305
Read the posted rules in the Vendors forum. Vendor threads are for vendors to talk about their products and not for competitors to come into this thread to fling mud. To compare products, do it in the Equipment forum.

ADV does not endorse, condemn or condone bike related products posted in Vendors. If you have an issue with the vendor's products or service, contact the vendor via PM and discuss. Thread shitting in Vendors is not permitted.
Old 02-20-2014, 02:54 PM   #194
AceRider01
Fully Loaded

Oddometer: 606
Quote:
Originally Posted by GB View Post
Read the posted rules in the Vendors forum. Vendor threads are for vendors to talk about their products and not for competitors to come into this thread to fling mud. To compare products, do it in the Equipment forum.

ADV does not endorse, condemn or condone bike related products posted in Vendors. If you have an issue with the vendor's products or service, contact the vendor via PM and discuss. Thread shitting in Vendors is not permitted.
Well I am not a competitor ( what makes u think that) You have mistaken me for that.. I am just a little guy who has got a deep interest in appropriately tested MC safety gear.

I did not make any comparison with any other products in my deleted thread and was careful not to do so.

Of course if I see a material misstatement (and not just a difference in opinion), then I feel the need to point it out to my fellow adv inmates. And i have done so in a polite way and leaving room for the vendor to respond. If it is believed my statement was not respectful or could be worded better then feel free to edit it (but not delete it)- but my question/issue raised is a legitimate one, so vendor should also be given the opportunity to respond. I just thought the forum is suppose to serve the interests of riders/ consumers which include a scrutiny of vendor's claim.

I think PM to vendor is only valid if my issue is pertaining to my own circumstance such as an issue with my order or my particular product, and not a general one.
-------------------

To avoid confusion let me re-state my question succinctly and is in reference to post #192 :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domiken View Post
The Lean Angle Jeans have been tested, and examined to assure their compliance with technical standard: EN 13595-1 Level 2
The CE certificate you referred to does not appear to indicate EN13595 tests are passed - are there any actual evidence/certificate which shows this to be the case?

AceRider01 screwed with this post 02-20-2014 at 04:46 PM
AceRider01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 06:09 PM   #195
GB
Mod Squad

Oddometer: 55,305
The vendor has stated his garment is CE certified. You've already posted all your objections in this thread in Equipment:

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...783126&page=18

Lean Angle Jeans have been discussed at length in the above thread. The vendor also replied there and you're still not satisfied with his answers. Fine.

And no, you haven't been respectful. You've come here to fling poop under the guise of educating consumers. You don't like what's being sold here, move on. No one's forcing you to wear his garments and you haven't been appointed as the all knowing consumer advocate on this site. The rules are clear; no thread shitting in a vendor's thread in the Vendors forum, and as with all consumer products: caveat emptor.

This is all the time I have to spend on this thread.