Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-10-2014, 07:44 PM   #121
sellmeyer
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 410
ES coverage isn't up to par in 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by knybanjo View Post
It just dawned on me....EuroSport has cut their coverage down to just the highlight show this year, haven't they? In years past the also broadcast an interview show too....is that gone this year or did I just miss it on the schedule?
Speaking about ES coverage with CK doing the voiceover....

I'm pretty sure you are right; I think I read in the Torrent forum from a few folks that it is highlights only.

My impression of the highlights is that they are doing every other highlight, skipping them outright.

I watched stage 4 and was caught off guard when they started talking about it being a marathon stage. I had no idea because this wasn't mentioned in any previous highlights. [I got to thinking that the MS was supposed to be late in the dakar but then I realized that Cyril was on a Yammi this year so it made sense that they would do it early in the race while his first engine was still fresh...no?]

Anyway, I am having such a hard time following this Dakar by watching only the ES highlights. Major disappointment.
sellmeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 10:08 PM   #122
Brimstone
Super Duper n00b!

Oddometer: 613
Quote:
Originally Posted by sellmeyer View Post
Speaking about ES coverage with CK doing the voiceover....

I'm pretty sure you are right; I think I read in the Torrent forum from a few folks that it is highlights only.

My impression of the highlights is that they are doing every other highlight, skipping them outright.

I watched stage 4 and was caught off guard when they started talking about it being a marathon stage. I had no idea because this wasn't mentioned in any previous highlights. [I got to thinking that the MS was supposed to be late in the dakar but then I realized that Cyril was on a Yammi this year so it made sense that they would do it early in the race while his first engine was still fresh...no?]

Anyway, I am having such a hard time following this Dakar by watching only the ES highlights. Major disappointment.
ES typically does a short recap segment, then they get into the days stage highlights. They will do this for the bikes, cars and sometimes the trucks depending if they have time...

I know it's frustrating but understand they need to cut a piece together for all folks who may be watching, not just the rabid Dakar fans like us who demand only exclusive footage for 30 straight minutes!! Hence we get the recaps and their little interview segments etc... Personally I have been watching the France4 footage. It is a full hour and is in every way superior, other than I don't understand French... The visuals are stunning though!

Okanagan Valley - KVR Day Trip - First RR!
Brimstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 02:57 AM   #123
crazybrit
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,443
Quote:
Originally Posted by sellmeyer View Post
I'm also having a much harder time this year making sense of the 30 minute ES highlights, I'm not sure why. It seems more jumbled, stuff from previous days mixed in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brimstone View Post
Personally I have been watching the France4 footage. It is a full hour and is in every way superior, other than I don't understand French... The visuals are stunning though!
I needed to brush up my French skills, maybe I'll try for DR 2015
crazybrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 03:34 AM   #124
FrikkieFerreria
Adventurer

Oddometer: 11
Hi

I am from South Africa and down here we are regulary blocked from watching streaming video and other content. The bigest tv company also controlls a big chunk of thd internet backbone here so everything is monopolised. I tried downloading the Dakar app for Andriod but surprize, surprize, its "Not Allowed" in this country. It sucks. If you do not subscribe to DSTV, your only chance to see footage is by the gracious people who seeds recordings of the 26 mins shows, but its always a day or 3 behind. So far only managed to download stage 4, so I am already 2 days behind.

Is there anyone who knows how I get hold of the Dakar APK from another source other than google playstore?
FrikkieFerreria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 05:13 AM   #125
Drif10
Accredited Jackass

Oddometer: 45,265
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrikkieFerreria View Post
Hi

I am from South Africa and down here we are regulary blocked from watching streaming video and other content. The bigest tv company also controlls a big chunk of thd internet backbone here so everything is monopolised. I tried downloading the Dakar app for Andriod but surprize, surprize, its "Not Allowed" in this country. It sucks. If you do not subscribe to DSTV, your only chance to see footage is by the gracious people who seeds recordings of the 26 mins shows, but its always a day or 3 behind. So far only managed to download stage 4, so I am already 2 days behind.

Is there anyone who knows how I get hold of the Dakar APK from another source other than google playstore?
Go on wilddogs.

If anyone knows how, those buggers will.
Old 01-11-2014, 02:01 PM   #126
Scribe
£Bob£

Oddometer: 6,430
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myway View Post
alternative alternative
Asks for a credit card? That ain't happening.
Old 01-11-2014, 02:50 PM   #127
Myway OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,302
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scribe View Post
Asks for a credit card? That ain't happening.
Ofcourse, but when i click on the eurosport button, no card asking.
Myway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 02:08 PM   #128
90 wt
Adventurer

Oddometer: 57
This just in, ES now showing Dakar competitors have given up riding and have decided to settle the race over a marathon game of snooker.
Old 01-13-2014, 02:13 PM   #129
Bluebull2007
Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,930
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90 wt View Post
This just in, ES now showing Dakar competitors have given up riding and have decided to settle the race over a marathon game of snooker.
Thats over now and we are talking racing safety clothes with Carlton...what the hell happened to the Dakar broadcast
Bluebull2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 02:16 PM   #130
Bluebull2007
Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,930
Looking in the schedule (availible in the 1st post on this thread), I see it will start at 22h30?
Bluebull2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 02:24 PM   #131
Myway OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,302
See the different ES schedules for uk british and europe.

There are also ES livestreamer with vlc strings working.

Myway screwed with this post 01-13-2014 at 02:46 PM
Myway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 02:29 PM   #132
90 wt
Adventurer

Oddometer: 57
Last year, the live snooker trumped the Dakar show everyday. I've learned to be patient this year.
Old 01-13-2014, 02:31 PM   #133
Scribe
£Bob£

Oddometer: 6,430
More snooker here.
Old 01-18-2014, 11:55 PM   #134
conanony
n00b

Oddometer: 5
---Start rant---

I thought the Eurosport coverage was borderline pathetic and as for Carlton Kirby he seems to often get lost in his own words and also often lags the visuals by a margin.

The 6 or more minutes of talking cr@p to Loeb was a complete waste of time when there's actually a rally on and there's only 30 mins of highlights anyway, FFS, leave that for the interviews section!

They have hours and hours and hours of footage and keep repeating clips of early on in the race thoughout the reports.

Kirby and Eurosport clearly don't like women either, Laia Sanz's incredible 16th place overall and her progress during the race was hardly even mentioned and not once did they have an insert on her SHAME on them,

Lastly, whoever thought the over-exposed yellow flashes in the Eurosport coverage was a good idea should be strung up by his .....,
---end rant---

conanony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 07:06 AM   #135
philipbarrett
Adventurer

Oddometer: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrikkieFerreria View Post
Hi

I am from South Africa and down here we are regulary blocked from watching streaming video and other content.
Google "private VPN"
philipbarrett is offline   Reply With Quote