ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Orange Crush > Ridiculous streetbikes with 6 CPUs and too much horsepower (1050/1190/1290cc)
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-16-2014, 03:00 AM   #91
GeorgeD
Adventurer

Oddometer: 62
airbox

talking about airbox and filter, i just found that Touratech started selling the Australian Unifilter:

http://shop.touratech.de/unifilter-h...venture-r.html
GeorgeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 03:44 AM   #92
Master
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 336
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeD View Post
talking about airbox and filter, i just found that Touratech started selling the Australian Unifilter:

http://shop.touratech.de/unifilter-h...venture-r.html
Interesting, but you link is a dead end.
This is the link:

http://shop.touratech.de/luftfilter-...venture-r.html

Of course, Touratech doesn't mention whether this fits the 2013 or 2014 airbox, resulting in yet another group of misinformed and disapointed buyers.
Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 05:16 AM   #93
Koolranch
NCADVR

Oddometer: 464
Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd-Squad View Post
It is my understanding that the 2014 has a different airbox. I read that somewhere but I can't recall where for the life of me.

Thank you for this welcome news!! I'm heading in to the dealer today to put my deposit down. It won't be in for a few months.
Koolranch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 01:17 PM   #94
harryzgnilek OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 341
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koolranch View Post
Thank you for this welcome news!! I'm heading in to the dealer today to put my deposit down. It won't be in for a few months.
will the unifilter fit 2014 air boxes?
harryzgnilek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 01:27 PM   #95
Master
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 336
Quote:
Originally Posted by harryzgnilek View Post
will the unifilter fit 2014 air boxes?
If you order the 2014 specific filter, yes.
Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 02:02 PM   #96
harryzgnilek OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 341
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master View Post
If you order the 2014 specific filter, yes.
thanks
harryzgnilek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 02:13 PM   #97
svs
All Hands on Deck!

Oddometer: 24,513
BOOM!

If a physical fact can produce a psychological state, a psychological state can produce a physical fact... The whole of creation is asleep within the deep of man and is awakened to objective existence by his subconscious assumptions.
svs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 02:40 PM   #98
dabneyr
Adventurer

Oddometer: 46
KTM 1190 Adventure Best all-around motorcycle in the world?

Looks like a lot of you are heading to the dealer to put a deposit down. I might be next in line. The R1200GS is the best Adventure Bike for touring and the Multistrada is the best Adventure Bike for the back roads, but the KTM is almost as good and can go off-road the best. So if you have an interest in logging a lot of dirt miles, it's the obvious choice.

Cycle World just completed a full test on the 2014 KTM 1190 Adventure and claims it may be the best all-around motorcycle ever. That's a bold statement and I'd have to agree. Here's a post we did on the best all-around motorcycle topic.
Old 01-16-2014, 03:31 PM   #99
Nowwhat
I'll Go Second...

Oddometer: 4,718
Quote:
Originally Posted by dabneyr View Post
The R1200GS is the best Adventure Bike for touring and the Multistrada is the best Adventure Bike for the back roads, but the KTM is almost as good and can go off-road the best. So if you have an interest in logging a lot of dirt miles, it's the obvious choice.

And you are?
'Berg 570..Trail Beast
Nowwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 04:45 PM   #100
Joseph42s
Adventurer

Oddometer: 80
I tried everywhere in California as well. But found my R model in Oregon.

I was interested in the new bmw gs adventure, but my dealer has 7,8 deposits so I wouldnt see a bike until fall. Tired of waiting. And this bike is awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Matson View Post
After being on the phone all day and calling every dealer I could find, I found a grey 1190 and made a deal. I go pick it up tomorrow so probably won't sleep much tonight! I bought it from Malcomb Smith's shop, the same place I got my 950 from in 2003. Last friday my friend and I went and test rode a 1190 and then went on the other side of the freeway to the BMW dealer and test rode a new GS we did the same route on both bikes. He ended up getting the GS and of course I will have the 1190 tomorrow. They are very close the BMW is a little better wind protection but i felt the KTM was more stable, I noticed a couple of times the GS's front end shake over irregular patches of freeway and gusts of wind hitting my shoulders affected the BMW more than the KTM.
But both are great bikes.
Joseph42s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 05:03 PM   #101
Koolranch
NCADVR

Any thoughts on the tire size difference between the standard and the R? I ordered an R an I will probably do 60 road and 40 off road. Will the larger wheel size be an issue for the pavement?
Old 01-16-2014, 05:07 PM   #102
Joseph42s
Adventurer

Oddometer: 80
No. Honestly looking at the bike its hard to tell that the front is 21" It just that well balanced. I would not worry about it one bit.

Quote:
Any thoughts on the tire size difference between the standard and the R? I ordered an R an I will probably do 60 road and 40 off road. Will the larger wheel size be an issue for the pavement?
Joseph42s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 05:46 PM   #103
vasculopath
You're not your bike

Oddometer: 366
Quote:
I some from a sportbike/club racing background, and you would not believe how well that 21 inch front carves and sticks in a corner. It is unbelieveable.

Love my R, wish there wasn't snow on many of my favorite roads in the mountains...
vasculopath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 06:51 PM   #104
Koolranch
NCADVR

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasculopath View Post
I some from a sportbike/club racing background, and you would not believe how well that 21 inch front carves and sticks in a corner. It is unbelieveable.

Love my R, wish there wasn't snow on many of my favorite roads in the mountains...

Thanks for the feedback. Now I have to wait for the bike to arrive.
Old 01-16-2014, 07:46 PM   #105
motomuppet
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 458
Quote:
Did my first track day on the 2014 R and it is no sportbike! Despite what I have heard it will not keep up with a well ridden sport bike on track....but it does handle amazingly well for what it is, and the stock tires are incredible. On my 2011 Speed Triple I ran mid pack in the A group (granted it was a big gap to the front runners on thier race bikes), on this I would be at the tail of the A group (being optomistic), or front 1/3rd of the B group would be my guess (this track day was a free for all with no groupings!). You will not have to worry about the front wheel size on the road at all if you are running the stock tires.
motomuppet is offline   Reply With Quote