Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-14-2013, 06:13 PM   #31
juliandres
Adventurer

Oddometer: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxguitarist View Post
Don't know why they're as rare as they are, but it's lots of fun!

Will keep posting photos as I get them.

I was doing some race team stuff, some systems testing, lots of reliability testing, some motor tuning. Also worked with the battery team for a bit. Company is Brammo. Great job, fun people, and over 10k miles in my two years there without gas. It's annoying now having to go to the gas station!
Seriously, I have never seen one in person but to me they are perfect. Also in white ... too nice. I just got my first bike last mobth an '03 suzuki dr200. It has street tires but next purchase is going to be dual sport tires so I can have some fun on the weekends.

And whoah that is amazing man! Good for you dude, any words of an advice to a fellow engineering student? What is the best way to get my foot in the door for Brammo? That is one of the companies I have been following haha.
juliandres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 07:06 PM   #32
xxguitarist OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by juliandres View Post
Seriously, I have never seen one in person but to me they are perfect. Also in white ... too nice. I just got my first bike last mobth an '03 suzuki dr200. It has street tires but next purchase is going to be dual sport tires so I can have some fun on the weekends.

And whoah that is amazing man! Good for you dude, any words of an advice to a fellow engineering student? What is the best way to get my foot in the door for Brammo? That is one of the companies I have been following haha.
Enjoy the little DR- They look like useful bikes, just a little outside of my world. I bet the DS tires will give you a lot more possibilities.
I'll PM you my email, keep it on file until you're close to graduating. I still have plenty of friends / contacts who can print your resume out and put it on my old boss' desk.

Tips: Passion, Diversity, Can-do (even if you're not sure how) attitude. Persistence. Having hobbies that you can turn into a job.

In other news, I'm taking tomorrow afternoon off to go ride. Hope to get some good photos & find some new areas!
xxguitarist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 07:40 PM   #33
juliandres
Adventurer

Oddometer: 47
Quote:
Enjoy the little DR- They look like useful bikes, just a little outside of my world. I bet the DS tires will give you a lot more possibilities.
I'll PM you my email, keep it on file until you're close to graduating. I still have plenty of friends / contacts who can print your resume out and put it on my old boss' desk.

Tips: Passion, Diversity, Can-do (even if you're not sure how) attitude. Persistence. Having hobbies that you can turn into a job.

In other news, I'm taking tomorrow afternoon off to go ride. Hope to get some good photos & find some new areas!
I hear ya, getting a dual sport was the only way I could mentally compromise with my mom. Me justifying that I would use it for more offroad let her be at ease haha then I just convinced myself after that was the route to go. I will be planning a trip to Georgia somewhere and go exploring soon.

And man that would be amazing! Thank you so much honestly, just offering your e-mail as a resource is huge to me right now. I previously e-mailed Brammo for upcoming internship opportunities but they told me nothing was available at the time. I will e-mail you right now so you can know my e-mail as well but I will most certainly keep your information for the future, I'm a sophomore now but things are good so far!

Sorry for the block writing ^ that was my inner excitement taking over haha, and please post some more photos with your bike in them as well!

Thanks again man, I really appreciate it.
juliandres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 05:01 PM   #34
xxguitarist OP
Adventurer

I made my planned escape from work today only a few minutes behind schedule. Almost got hung up with a circuit board troubleshoot, then packing up solidworks files for quote & prototyping.

I headed out towards Sharon CT, knowing that it was a good destination to avoid major highways.

Got this surprise early on- I think they must have been making good use of the cold nights to make snow!

Continued on past Wononpakook (had to post google that one) lake.

Then continued to attempt to find my way to the meeting point of NY, CT, and MA. Canvassing the area with my GPS on seems to show that it's somewhere at a top of a hill. Hm. Not for me on the F8R.

Rode a bit further, wandering through southwest MA.

This was a new one for me. Snowmobile-only bridge.

And the promise of..Curves?

Reality wasn't as good as promised, but it was still an enjoyable stretch of road.

Old 11-15-2013, 05:24 PM   #35
ktrout01
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 745
That must be the snowmobile bridge up on RT 8 south of Otis, MA. RT 8 can be a lot of fun if you don't get stuck behind a slow poke.

2003 BMW F650GS
ktrout01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 10:24 PM   #36
xxguitarist OP
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktrout01 View Post
That must be the snowmobile bridge up on RT 8 south of Otis, MA. RT 8 can be a lot of fun if you don't get stuck behind a slow poke.
That sounds right to me.
Rt8 was good, maybe every bit as good as anything I've found out here, but I do still long for the true "canyon carving" from out west. Areas with 55 mph speed limits, but corners that are only 45 on a bike, and rated for 30.
Old 12-22-2013, 09:05 PM   #37
xxguitarist OP
Adventurer

Got out for an evening ride in today's drastically unseasonable warmth. We'd been sitting around 30F, and today was 60! Earlier in the day I was underneath my car, replacing sway bar bushings, then running some errands. I wasn't about to let the lack of sun keep me from hopping on the F800R for a little ride.

Dramatic bridge & dam on the Housatonic

And a nearby christmas tree.
Old 01-15-2014, 01:45 PM   #38
Mikey97d
Adventurer

Oddometer: 67
Welcome to Connecticut. Nice Bike!

I am not much of a road rider, but the guy I work for enjoys Rt 301 out of Carmel, NY for some twisties.
https://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&l...28374&t=h&z=12

I live in Prospect and work in Brookfield. Literally a mile or two from Max's BMW. I am originally from the Georgetown/Redding/Ridgefield area. Looks like you commute down 34 a lot.
Mikey97d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 04:41 PM   #39
TT72
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 322
Nice pics.love to ride on Litchfield county to.
TT72 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 06:07 AM   #40
xxguitarist OP
Adventurer

Thanks guys,
Riding has been cut a bit short lately.. weather and all that. Got out for a little one last weekend, but not very long.

My commute to work is up 34. Nice drive. Better ride.

I'll have a look at rt 301- Thanks! Been short on curves out here relative to what I was used to in Southern OR. No canyons here!
Old 01-17-2014, 03:59 PM   #41
ktrout01
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 745
Quote:
Thanks guys,
Riding has been cut a bit short lately.. weather and all that. Got out for a little one last weekend, but not very long.

My commute to work is up 34. Nice drive. Better ride.

I'll have a look at rt 301- Thanks! Been short on curves out here relative to what I was used to in Southern OR. No canyons here!
I live in Bristol and work in Trumbull. I'll take RT34 home some days just because it sure beats heading up RT8. I'll take 34-Hanover RD-133-67-199-47-109-63-118-4 and then home. It can take over twice the time but who cares ? It's a real nice ride.

2003 BMW F650GS
ktrout01 is offline   Reply With Quote