Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-17-2014, 04:47 PM   #10996
Uller
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,653
From Chavo's FB Page

Chavo Salvatierra

Ya estoy en La Serena, después de terminar la penúltima etapa. Hoy al km 9 de carrera golpee muy violentamente una piedra escondida dentro del polvo, y fui expulsado de la moto. Gracias a Dios no me paso nada, la moto se arruino el roadbook, asi que fui toda la carrera atras de Paolo Ceci . Falta poco!

Uller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 04:47 PM   #10997
auguzt
4ever n00b

Oddometer: 359
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lgo175 View Post
Says who ?
This:

Quote:
Originally Posted by too old;
350 km - ouch - wouldn't fancy that. Not sure what HRC will have left to reward the guy who tows him in - nothing much will fit

1 126 NIJEN TWILHAAR (NLD) KTM 09:06:30
Isn't it ironic?
Old 01-17-2014, 04:52 PM   #10998
Uller
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enduro10 View Post
How could he transform this
http://cl.ly/image/1k1H3R041x1I/Phot...%3ADakar-8.jpg

into this

http://www.dakar.com/PHOTOS/DAK/2014/1200/47.jpg

only duct tape or with a help from a HRC parts dept ?
I think you are seeing a pic from just after the initial crash in the first one.

In the second, he has stopped to fix things multiple times and then ultimately pushed the bike in. It wasn't being ridden, which would have moved things around again after he 'fixed' them. You can see a broken corner of the screen in the second pic too if you look closely.

He probably stopped pushing just 100m before and cleaned everything up so it looked nice for the finish line and all the photographers that would be there.
Old 01-17-2014, 04:58 PM   #10999
Uller
Beastly Adventurer

I had intended to write NSFW earlier. No editing that post allowed apparently.

More Anna pics here: NSFW
Old 01-17-2014, 05:00 PM   #11000
Carlos M
www.motoxplorers.com

Oddometer: 2,832
Quote:
Originally Posted by auguzt View Post
It's not anymore. He is getting towed from another racer. Guess which bike is he attached to? I give you a hint: it has three letters on its fairings but those are not HRC...
At the end of the day, that's not a bad result for Joan. He crashed hard, he is uninjured, he made a new friend.

MotoXplorers.com
Carlos M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 05:02 PM   #11001
Misery Goat
Positating the negative

Oddometer: 74,657
Quote:
Originally Posted by auguzt View Post
I forgot to mention that I use an ad-blocker addon to get rid of all that sh*te. Sorry...
I do too, no worries. I found ES but all I'm seeing now is tennis.

Same as it ever was

My Wanderlust
Misery Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 05:10 PM   #11002
knybanjo
kinda slow

Oddometer: 22,950
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misery Goat View Post
I do too, no worries. I found ES but all I'm seeing now is tennis.
Yeah...it was on 2 1/2 hours ago.

Here's the ES schedule..

http://tv.eurosport.co.uk/tvschedule.shtml
Old 01-17-2014, 05:14 PM   #11003
Sparrowhawk
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,804
Everytime I watch the Minis in a video I can't help but think they should've chosen black mud flaps.

Sparrowhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 05:14 PM   #11004
Misery Goat
Positating the negative

Oddometer: 74,657
Quote:
Originally Posted by knybanjo View Post
Yeah...it was on 2 1/2 hours ago.

Here's the ES schedule..

http://tv.eurosport.co.uk/tvschedule.shtml
I really missed being unemployed for Dakar.

Same as it ever was

My Wanderlust
Misery Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 05:17 PM   #11005
Tomas Kocanda
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 767
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMo (& piglet) View Post
I shall also say goodnight - big day tomorrow! - and leave you with this...

In case you've not seen them yet - a great selection of photos (as ever) from the Boston Globe site:

http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/201...ally_2014.html

Looks like they even caught our Pointy Man(ny) in the act... and it turns out there were two of them!* - no wonder there was so much confusion!

*disclaimer. according to the caption this photo is actually from stage 11, and that is Etienne Lavigne and Dr. David Delgado... but when has that stopped stoking a good conspiracy theory eh?!

Night all.

Jx
By the way - on the photo is David Pabiska, team mate of Stefan Svitko from SP Moto Dakar team.
BMW R1150GS Adventure (RR modified), R1200GS Custom, XV1600 Custom...
www.touratech.cz
Tomas Kocanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 05:18 PM   #11006
Boondoggle
Gear Grinder

Oddometer: 12,803
Just want to quote this once... this kind of pic makes me happy as hell when it's just me and some friends in them... but to see this perspective from the Dakar? Chills, man. Chills.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myway View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misery Goat View Post
I really missed being unemployed for Dakar.
And how.
Whoever shows up next better bring ice. -Tom C
Boondoggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 05:29 PM   #11007
wilkinsonk
Riff Raff

Oddometer: 641
I thought that CdP would lead out tomorrow as the winner of stage 12????

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertSurfer View Post

Pain has a ton of pressure trying to preserve a 3rd podium position with a rider like Cyril breathing down on him. This has got to be one of the worst spots to have. Imagine contemplating that at night while completed the road book... "Shit, I've got Cyril chasing Helder.... and I've got Helder chasing me... and I'll have to navigate my ASS out of this."

Jordi's only 10" ahead of Pain in 2nd Podium, and you can bet Pain's thinking there's a change to move up. And Basically Jordi will be leading the race. The big question here is whether that pressure's too much for Jordi. And I personally would not be surprised if by a very slim chance... Cyril has his best performance of the entire rally and out navigates, out performs and flat out hustles his way into 2nd place. I'm sticking my neck out here (as I'm known to do every once in a while)nand putting my chips on the table for Cyril... not only to pull off an upset of both Pain and Villadoms, but one of the greatest upsets and comebacks in Dakar history. It's a long shot and there's only one person I'd trust who could pull that needle out of the Antifagasto sand. Cyril Despres.

And as we already know... the winner of this race, handled in brilliant fashion is Mr. Smooth Marc Coma. But hold on, there's still drama here... Will Marc help handle some of Jordi's navigation and secure Jordi's position as a 2nd podium finisher. If so will it be Team KTM vs. Team Yamaha for the final stage.

And above all else, what trickery will ms. Murphy bring to the table in tomorrows last and final finish to another superb Dakar?

What was a year in anticipation... Is now only seemingly moments away from an end.

And a big thanks to this awesome adv family. It's nice to know there are other rally F5eaks out there besides me.
wilkinsonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 05:32 PM   #11008
DesertSurfer
Tail sprayin

Oddometer: 1,224
Wow, what a stage!!!

This truly was an amazing day... full of all the unexpected, yet expected drama, twists and turns.

Here's some interesting thoughts about tomorrow...

Salvatierra will most likely land at top 15. Really an incredible feat for a regionalite. He should receive high honors from the spectators and major respect from the competition. Imagine breaking into a top 15 Dakar in your own backyard... I'd go grab a sexy Chileno right after the finish for some additional fireworks celebrations if I were so lucky to be him!!!

Jakes could actually break into the top ten if he has a great ride and Casteau fatigues... Could you imagine making it into this year's top ten on the final stage.

There's plenty of motivation for a shoot out ahead.

Casteau, Svitko and Gouet will need to keep focused to prevent being bumped out of the top ten... which would be a severe letdown after all they've been through. They better hope Jakes doesn't have one amazing run left in him.

Bang Bam Boom Barreda... Any normal person would be ecstatic to end in 7th, just ask the riders I listed above. But we really don't know what BB will truly be satisfied with. I'm hoping he still has one big fire burning left in him. He is a wild horse here, and he could still move up a notch if mother Murphy still has a few more tricks up her sleeve. If I was team Honda, at this point, I'd play the wild card I was dealt. I'd set Boom Boom on fire and tell him to ride like he was being chased by the devil ( in otherwords, continue on, business as usual). Because, in hindsight things always look worse, just like any big gamble that's ever gone bad. And it's only the failed ones that smell bad. His plan was flawed, but he had the bravado to actually try pressuring the leader into an error. I think, had he not tried, he would have second guessed himself all the way to his death bed. He lived his second to the last stage like most people could only be so lucky living each day of their life... he lived it like there was no tomorrow. I still think BB has a ton of spirit left and I wouldn't be surprised... no, actually... I'm going out on a limb here to say he only falls a couple times and maintains his 7th position.

Kuba has ridden a Hell of a race, and he's only around 17" from top 5 at 6th... He must be thinking... I'm that close to TOP F&%king 5. You can believe that's motivation for him.

So that leaves Kuba breathing down on Helder's back at 5th.

And Helder's some 6" down from taking over Cyril's spot at 4th... Yeah, well I only see Cyril moving upward.

Cyril is clearly within stricking distance of Pain at 4 mins. for a 3rd podium spot. That's doable for Cyril. And there's even an outside chance he could gain 14" on Pain for 3rd if Pain is forced into a navigational error.

Pain has a ton of pressure trying to preserve a 3rd podium position with a rider like Cyril breathing down on him. This has got to be one of the worst spots to have. Imagine contemplating that at night while completed the road book... "Shit, I've got Cyril chasing Helder.... and I've got Helder chasing me... and I'll have to navigate my ASS out of this."

Jordi's only 10" ahead of Pain in 2nd Podium, and you can bet Pain's thinking there's a change to move up. And Basically Jordi will be leading the race. The big question here is whether that pressure's too much for Jordi. And I personally would not be surprised if by a very slim chance... Cyril has his best performance of the entire rally and out navigates, out performs and flat out hustles his way into 2nd place. I'm sticking my neck out here (as I'm known to do every once in a while)nand putting my chips on the table for Cyril... not only to pull off an upset of both Pain and Villadoms, but one of the greatest upsets and comebacks in Dakar history. It's a long shot and there's only one person I'd trust who could pull that needle out of the Antifagasto sand. Cyril Despres.

And as we already know... the winner of this race, orchestrated in brilliant fashion is Mr. Smooth Marc Coma. But hold on, there's still drama here... Will Marc help handle some of Jordi's navigation and secure Jordi's position as a 2nd podium finisher. If so will it be Team KTM vs. Team Yamaha for the final stage.

And above all else, what trickery will ms. Murphy bring to the table in tomorrows last and final finish to another superb Dakar?

What was a year in anticipation... Is now only seemingly moments away from an end.

And a big thanks to this awesome adv family. It's nice to know there are other rally F5eaks out there besides me.
Old 01-17-2014, 05:34 PM   #11009
Lgo175
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 363
Where is the beef?

There must be some footage of JBB assume crash or crashes. It's not like someone would not be following him to check his advancement/failures. HRC bought up all the film footage????:
Lgo175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 05:37 PM   #11010
gmk999
____ as a Rotax

Oddometer: 376
Just want to say...

Thanks to all you F5in'-Hosers. It's been a great rally and this is quite possibly the best way to follow a sport EVER.
This is my second year as a full time lurker and I applaud all of your efforts. I have been glued to the hose all week in perpetual catch up mode.
It's been grand!!and thanks to you all have found a new fondness for snooker

To the riders , fans , crews, media and F5erhosers alike, thank you so much !!!

y'all rawk!!

G