ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Orange Crush
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-17-2014, 07:02 PM   #121
Black Hills
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Apr 2011
Location: Western South Dakota
Oddometer: 694
I hear the new gold wings have A/C maybe one of those would be nice?
Black Hills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 08:54 PM   #122
jjchopper02
Orange Brigade
 
Joined: Aug 2013
Location: Western Pa.
Oddometer: 23
I so want to pull the trigger!!!!!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
" Do one thing every day that scares you "


Kurt Caselli
jjchopper02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 09:05 PM   #123
FootLB
Banned
 
Joined: Jan 2014
Location: South of the border (Canada that is!)
Oddometer: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjchopper02 View Post
I so want to pull the trigger!!!!!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Good Lawd...all three versions just sitting there together in your dealer's showroom?! You have more restraint than I!
FootLB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 09:15 PM   #124
mesopotamia
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: May 2009
Location: Too north for me
Oddometer: 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjchopper02 View Post
I so want to pull the trigger!!!!!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Go for it! I'm sure you'll get a pretty good discount if you take the 3!
mesopotamia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 09:20 PM   #125
nvdesertrat
Nevada Desert Rat
 
nvdesertrat's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: Northern Nevada
Oddometer: 188
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjchopper02 View Post
I so want to pull the trigger!!!!!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It only hurts for a second, then you twist the throttle
and all the pain goes away
__________________
Doug
2009 KTM 990 Adventure R
2010 KTM 450 EXC
2014 KTM 1190 Adventure R
nvdesertrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 07:21 AM   #126
ebrew
Motorcycle A.D.D.
 
ebrew's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: Denver colo
Oddometer: 1,021
Hid in low beam

Soo will I have a problem with the canbus system?
ebrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 07:44 AM   #127
FootLB
Banned
 
Joined: Jan 2014
Location: South of the border (Canada that is!)
Oddometer: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebrew View Post
Soo will I have a problem with the canbus system?
Been done on the BMWs. Can't see why not. Maybe a Katoom owner can clarify specifically.
FootLB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 07:45 AM   #128
ebrew
Motorcycle A.D.D.
 
ebrew's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: Denver colo
Oddometer: 1,021
My thoughts

Exactly
ebrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 08:42 AM   #129
Rexford
Adventurer
 
Rexford's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: North Texas
Oddometer: 92
Question Contemplating....... No really I am!

A bit of history..... I've owned and enjoyed GSA's in the past and have really enjoyed riding them (left when we started having problems). Went back to cruisers... having trouble enjoying a ride as much as I did. Then tried a Super T..... sorry, not really impressed! Went back to cruisers, and well here I go again. Is the maint on the new 1190 going to be as extensive as it was on the 950's (sorry, only reference I have) ie: pulling fuel cells off just to change the oil??? Not really a mech.. can change oil, pull a tire, replace a battery and so on. Is the new KTM going to be more than I can handle in the issue of keeping the bike up? Granted, the bike is new here in the states and probably not many opinions yet established. Just thought I'd ask. Really envy you folks riding the 1190 Adv and would love to get back on something that is comfortable and handles well.

Thanks for your time, and have a grand day.

Rexford
__________________
I bet young Bozo took a lot of shit in grade school. ---- Jack Handey

'13 HD Sweet Glide....
Many others gone but not forgotten
Rexford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 09:10 AM   #130
harryzgnilek OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Feb 2011
Location: Montreal,Canada
Oddometer: 323
aux lights >>> spot,flood or Driving

Hi all

what type of aux lights do you prefer?

Spot
Flood
Driving

what brands/ options do you have installed or will install ?
I'm thinking Rigid Industries 4-LED Floods ($300ish)
harryzgnilek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 09:23 AM   #131
Koolranch
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Koolranch's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2014
Location: Mint Hill, NC
Oddometer: 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvdesertrat View Post
It only hurts for a second, then you twist the throttle

and all the pain goes away

No words have ever been truer.
__________________
KTM 1190 Adventure R
1977 Yamaha RD400
Koolranch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 09:31 AM   #132
Koolranch
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Koolranch's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2014
Location: Mint Hill, NC
Oddometer: 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rexford View Post
A bit of history..... I've owned and enjoyed GSA's in the past and have really enjoyed riding them (left when we started having problems). Went back to cruisers... having trouble enjoying a ride as much as I did. Then tried a Super T..... sorry, not really impressed! Went back to cruisers, and well here I go again. Is the maint on the new 1190 going to be as extensive as it was on the 950's (sorry, only reference I have) ie: pulling fuel cells off just to change the oil??? Not really a mech.. can change oil, pull a tire, replace a battery and so on. Is the new KTM going to be more than I can handle in the issue of keeping the bike up? Granted, the bike is new here in the states and probably not many opinions yet established. Just thought I'd ask. Really envy you folks riding the 1190 Adv and would love to get back on something that is comfortable and handles well.

Thanks for your time, and have a grand day.

Rexford

I specifically asked about changing the oil and it is very simple. All the drain plug and oil filter access is very straight forward. The air filter will require removing the tank. The dealer said that it is not hard. A service here in the Charlotte NC area costs $75 plus parts. I'm guessing $130 range. This also includes a chain adjustment among other items.
__________________
KTM 1190 Adventure R
1977 Yamaha RD400
Koolranch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 10:53 AM   #133
ChrisK7
Gnarly Adventurer
 
ChrisK7's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2004
Location: Stanfield, Oregon 97875
Oddometer: 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by harryzgnilek View Post
Hi all

what type of aux lights do you prefer?

Spot
Flood
Driving

what brands/ options do you have installed or will install ?
I'm thinking Rigid Industries 4-LED Floods ($300ish)
I've tried both and after installing the Cyclops Optimus round LED's I love the 10 degree lights myself. They are a very high quality light, decent price, and I believe one of the brightest longest beam out there in that size of light.
They really shoot the beams out there and there seems to be enough light to the sides to see deer in the ditch too.
If you haven't already, check out this thread http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=839163
__________________
'14 KTM Adventure 1190R 12 KTM 990 SMT ,09 KTM 530 EXC (plated), 09 Kawasaki Brute Force 750
ChrisK7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 10:59 AM   #134
FootLB
Banned
 
Joined: Jan 2014
Location: South of the border (Canada that is!)
Oddometer: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koolranch View Post
I specifically asked about changing the oil and it is very simple. All the drain plug and oil filter access is very straight forward. The air filter will require removing the tank. The dealer said that it is not hard. A service here in the Charlotte NC area costs $75 plus parts. I'm guessing $130 range. This also includes a chain adjustment among other items.
All sounds good except for the air filter. Why would a manufacturer design a replacement item w/o easy access? If you're gonna ride this bike in the dirt you better be keeping up with your AF. Who wants to remove the fuel tank every time? MAJOR minus (for me) here.
FootLB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 11:06 AM   #135
harryzgnilek OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Feb 2011
Location: Montreal,Canada
Oddometer: 323
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisK7 View Post
I've tried both and after installing the Cyclops Optimus round LED's I love the 10 degree lights myself. They are a very high quality light, decent price, and I believe one of the brightest longest beam out there in that size of light.
They really shoot the beams out there and there seems to be enough light to the sides to see deer in the ditch too.
If you haven't already, check out this thread http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=839163
Great thanks for the info

will definitely check them out
harryzgnilek is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 04:09 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014