User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-13-2013, 09:55 AM   #136
danman
tumbling tumbleweed

Oddometer: 172
Hey RotaryRacer,

Congrats on becoming a Hornig dealer, they make some cool stuff. Sent you an enquiry about some Hornig parts from the contact page of your website. Look forward to your reply. Also got my eye on some of your products for my GS.
danman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 07:45 PM   #137
Otherworld
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 483
[QUOTE=rotaryracer;22140849]

We'll have a thread dedicated to all the new GSW (2013 R1200GS Liquid Cooled) parts available from DS Bike Protection shortly, but here are the parts we have in stock currently.

DSBP R1200 GSW Cylinder Head Guards - $134.99 -

DS Bike Protection has just released their renowned cylinder head guards for the 2013 R1200GS LC ("Wethead"). These guards are laser cut and formed from 4MM aluminum, then anodized in either black or silver. All screws and bushings required for installation are included. Protect your valve covers if your GS goes down, and make sure you can ride out versus being towed out!

[CENTER][url=http://www.advmotorrad.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=59_60_137&product_id=294]

Hi Jason, is it known if the DS cylinder guard fits with the BMW engine guard? Also, the Raidbox is it water proof, what's it weight and is/when there be one for the GSW?
Otherworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 07:51 PM   #138
Otherworld
Gnarly Adventurer

Also, what is the weight of the GS cylinder guard? Thanks
Old 12-19-2013, 08:22 PM   #139
rotaryracer OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 615
Hey Otherworld - the GSW head guards work great with the OEM BMW crashbars, although they will lightly touch the removable rubber piece on the inside of the bar. You can either leave it as is, or unscrew that piece from the crashbar for extra clearance. We've had customers do both, and it's pretty much a matter of preference.

Just FYI - I had originally thought the guards were going to be 4MM material thickness, but it proved too difficult to work with when prototyping. The production guards are 3MM aluminum...same level of protection as the others on the market. I must've missed the post you copied, but have since found and corrected the spec.

If you don't have crashbars yet, the DS Bike head guards work very well with the new stainless steel crashbars they've just released, as seen here. We have them in both natural bead blasted stainless and powdercoated black stainless, and they both look awesome. At $270 for a set of stainless steel GSW crashbars, it's tough to beat!

DS Bike is working on a raidbox application for the LC, although it will be based on aftermarket racks (SW-MOTECH, Holan, GIVI, Touratech, etc.). I would also expect they will have an application for the new LC Adventure when it comes available. The raidboxes (even with the new silicone door gasket) are probably best considered water resistant versus waterproof....they do a nice job of keeping the worst of it out, but some moisture still can get in there. If you want to ensure things stay 100% dry (tools, air pumps, etc.), we recommend putting the contents in a storage size Ziploc bag for peace of mind. We've thought about having some Cordura inner bags made up (and still may at some point), but at a cost of pennies the Ziploc solution is one even a KLR owner can love. For reference, shipping weight on the oil cooled GSA raidbox is right around 2.5 pounds.

The GSW cylinder head guards (wrapped in bubble wrap from the factory, and with all hardware to install) weigh right around 1.25 pounds for the pair.

Hope that helps...any other questions, please let me know.

Thanks!

Check out the ADV Motorrad vendor thread for great deals on adventure gear!
rotaryracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 05:08 PM   #140
Otherworld
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotaryracer View Post
Hope that helps...any other questions, please let me know.

Thanks!
It does. Thank you. BTW, we've already had contact via email about the Holan cases. I will be in touch again in the new year. Cheers!
Old 12-26-2013, 10:46 AM   #141
WilCon76
Adventurer

Oddometer: 79
Will the Holan Nomada Panniers mount to a Hepco Becker or SW Motech rack? I would like to get a pair of the cases but really want a quick release mount instead of the permanent Holan rack. I also do not like that on the Tiger Explorer I have to remove the Triumph mounting bar as it really looks terrible without the bags on.
WilCon76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 08:45 AM   #142
rotaryracer OP
Studly Adventurer

Hey WilCon - glad we could get you setup with a system for your Tiger Explorer!

As reference for others, we do sell the Holan panniers separately (as well as the mounting kits) to install on a variety of racks. The panniers come undrilled, and we've had a few customers use the Happy Trail mounting kits with good success to install on Happy Trail or other racks. You could also install to the SW-MOTECH EVO racks, although it might be more cost effective to direct bolt the cases to the pannier loops and remove the entire pannier/rack assembly as one unit, versus fitting up the quick release Pelican adapters on the Holan cases.

We do have some systems in stock currently, and more on the way from Holan including the updated Super Tenere system, more R1200GS LC systems, and a few 1190 Adventure systems. We do have a few applications for others models (F800GS, R1150GS, V-Strom DL650, F650GS/Dakar) already in stock in NY, if Santa left you some farkle money under the tree this year.

2014 is also going to get kicked off right with some new product announcements, both from existing suppliers as well as two new partnerships. Stay tuned to this thread for more info in the next week!

Old 01-01-2014, 02:04 PM   #143
rotaryracer OP
Studly Adventurer

Happy new year, inmates! Thanks for making 2013 a great year for us at ADV Motorrad...we're looking forward to getting you fully outfitted for more adventures in 2014.

We got a sneak peek at some new upper crashbars that are being developed by DS Bike Protection. These will bolt to (and require the use of) the OEM Yamaha crashbar/engine guard, but do a really nice job for protecting the radiator, plastics, and other parts you'd rather not replace if your bike takes a nap. The bars mount to the frame at the rear and use a heavy duty clamp to mount to the Yamaha lower crashbars.

To set expectations, these are just the prototypes to gauge fitment and adjust as necessary; the finished pieces will be fully mitered and finish welded, and powdercoated versus the quickie spraybomb black. I expect these will come available in the next 4-6 weeks and will add a product page to our site when they are in final production and we're ready for pre-orders.

Any questions in the meantime, please let me know.

Thanks!

Old 01-05-2014, 04:36 AM   #144
rotaryracer OP
Studly Adventurer

We are very pleased to announce that ADV Motorrad is now the exclusive North American importer for BUMOT's adventure-ready luggage systems!

A brief overview of BUMOT....

BUMOT luggage is handcrafted in Bulgaria and is designed for the rider who demands the most durable and functional luggage for their adventure touring. Starting wtih 2mm aluminum, BUMOT's unique assembly process employs a technique used in the sports car and airline industry to double the bottom edges of the box from 2mm to 4mm. This give the panniers added strength in the most vulnerable bottom edges, as this area takes the brunt of an impact in the event of a drop or fall. The cases are powdercoated inside and out in your choice of silver or black, and are finished with zinc passivated friction hinges, zinc passivated latches with keyed locks, and heavy duty weatherstripping for waterproofness.

BUMOT has some unique features including options for integrated toolboxes (included on the R1150GS systems), panels for mounting Wolfman luggage or similar, Rotopax mounts, and more. Currently they have applications for the most popular BMW models - R1150GS, R1200GS, F800GS, and R1200GS LC - but will be adding many more applications down the road. BUMOT panniers and racks are also available separately if you just want the rack system to mount soft luggage, or would like to install BUMOT panniers on your existing racks.

BUMOT has a vendor thread here and we will be starting our own BUMOT-specific thread shortly.

Our first stocking order is going in to the factory in the next two weeks, so if you are interested in placing an order or have any questions, please PM or email me at sales AT advmotorrad DOT com, or call the shop at (585) 310-ADVM.

Thanks!

rotaryracer screwed with this post 01-05-2014 at 08:51 AM
Old 01-06-2014, 09:23 AM   #145
Otherworld
Gnarly Adventurer

The Bumot systems looks promising! ADVM is carry two fantastic systems. I was hoping you could distinguish the two by answering a few questions:

- Is the Bumot fully water proof, not from rain but from being completely submersed?

- Will the rear turn signals need to be moved for the GSW system as it was the case with older R1200GS models?

- Will there be options for smaller Bumot systems, akin to the 2 x 38L Holan?

- What is the weight of the L/R with rack Bumot vs the equivalent Holan system?

Thanks!
Old 01-06-2014, 12:13 PM   #146
rotaryracer OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otherworld View Post
The Bumot systems looks promising! ADVM is carry two fantastic systems. I was hoping you could distinguish the two by answering a few questions:

- Is the Bumot fully water proof, not from rain but from being completely submersed?

- Will the rear turn signals need to be moved for the GSW system as it was the case with older R1200GS models?

- Will there be options for smaller Bumot systems, akin to the 2 x 38L Holan?

- What is the weight of the L/R with rack Bumot vs the equivalent Holan system?

Thanks!
Hi Otherworld - happy to help! Answers in order...
  • The BUMOT systems are waterproof and will remain so if submerged for a short period of time (i.e. river crossing). They won't meet the IP67 standard (submerged under 1 meter of water for 30 minutes with no water ingress), but I'm not sure if there are any aluminum cases that will.
  • The rear turn signals don't need to be relocated with the smaller EU market LED units. I'll need to do some measuring of the NA market turn signals to make sure there's no interference there....worst case, it's a good excuse to upgrade to the smaller signals.
  • In addition to the 41L / 45L system (which has a system width of about 38"), BUMOT will also be offering a 36L / 40L system that will be right around 36" wide.
  • The BUMOT and Holan systems will weigh about the same at 31-32 pounds fully dressed. A 45L BUMOT pannier is about 11 pounds and the rack is roughly 9 pounds.
Hope that helps - any other questions, please let me know.

Thanks!

Old 01-20-2014, 02:14 PM   #147
mantan
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 460
Holan Nomada panniers for KTM 1190 Adv

Hello,

I am thinking of ordering the Holan nomada panniers for my 1190 Adv and have a couple of questions.

Do you have inner bags for these? The description says there are options butI don't see any place to order them.

What about locks, are they included in price or additional. Again I don't see where to order them or the price.

Do you have these in stock, I am looking at the 31/38 combo.

What is the difference with the Remus exhaust version? Is it slimmer? Can I buy a regular version now and put the remus or some other similar slip-on later?

Where are they made?

I ordered the auxiliary light mount for the bike from you site a couple of days back.

thanks,
Manish
mantan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 03:14 PM   #148
rotaryracer OP
Studly Adventurer

Hi Manish - thanks for your order on the auxiliary light bar. We're just waiting on more stock from the distributor and will ship as soon as it arrives.

Answers to your questions in order...

Quote:
Do you have inner bags for these? The description says there are options butI don't see any place to order them.
Thanks for the catch. I've added the inner bags to the 1190 Adventure systems under the "Related Products" tab, but you can also click here to view them directly.
Quote:
What about locks, are they included in price or additional. Again I don't see where to order them or the price.
All Holan pannier systems are sold without locks so that you can either purchase a 4-pack (for two panniers) or a 6-pack (two panniers and a top box, plus a spare) and have everything keyed alike. If you plan on doing a top box at some point in the future, I strongly recommend getting the 6-pack for $10 more....we haven't had any success matching key codes. You can find the locks under the "Related Products" tab, or here.
Quote:
Do you have these in stock, I am looking at the 31/38 combo.
I don't have stock of the 1190 systems as of yet, but do have a couple of systems pre-ordered for customers, as well as one on order for inventory. Given the number of variations - pannier size, pannier finish, rack material, rack finish, factory-installed accessories, etc. - it's tough to keep inventory of every permutation, but we can absolutely order the exact system you're looking for. We will probably keep a few of the more popular sizes and colors in stock once we get the customer pre-orders delivered.
Quote:
What is the difference with the Remus exhaust version? Is it slimmer? Can I buy a regular version now and put the remus or some other similar slip-on later?
The standard asymmetrical system is designed around the stock exhaust canister. The benefit is that you can use the stock pipe for now, then move to an aftermarket pipe down the road if you so choose. The symmetrical Remus system will give you slightly more capacity for a comparable system width and is more visually "balanced" on the bike, but requires the Remus Hexacone pipe right off the bat - it won't fit with the stock exhaust. For reference, the 31L + 38L asymmetrical system is 92cm, while the Remus-specific 2 x 38L symmetrical system is 95cm.
Quote:
Where are they made?
Wroclaw, Poland. Everything is delivered to us in Rochester, NY and then we inventory, inspect, repack, and ship to you via UPS Ground.

Here's a link to an 1190-specific thread that has some great pictures of the system installed. I'll add some pictures of the Remus-specific system as well.

Any other questions, please let me know, or feel free to give us a call at (585) 310-ADVM.

Thanks!

Old 01-20-2014, 07:18 PM   #149
mantan
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 460
Quote:
Originally Posted by rotaryracer View Post
Hi Manish - thanks for your order on the auxiliary light bar. We're just waiting on more stock from the distributor and will ship as soon as it arrives.

Answers to your questions in order...

I don't have stock of the 1190 systems as of yet, but do have a couple of systems pre-ordered for customers, as well as one on order for inventory. Given the number of variations - pannier size, pannier finish, rack material, rack finish, factory-installed accessories, etc. - it's tough to keep inventory of every permutation, but we can absolutely order the exact system you're looking for. We will probably keep a few of the more popular sizes and colors in stock once we get the customer pre-orders delivered.
Thanks for the response. Do you have any estimate of how long it will take to get a kit if someone orders now?
mantan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 12:16 PM   #150
rotaryracer OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantan View Post
Thanks for the response. Do you have any estimate of how long it will take to get a kit if someone orders now?
Hi Manish - we're probably looking at around 45-60 days from factory order date for delivery. We've seen systems arrive sooner, but that's probably a good estimate. We place orders with Holan once a month and our January order just went in this morning, but I can add on to that if you're interested in moving forward. Email me at sales AT advmotorrad DOT com and we're happy to get you set up.

Thanks!

Jason