ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-19-2014, 02:26 PM   #661
Shunka
Supervision Required

Oddometer: 3,751
Quote:
Originally Posted by YetiGS View Post
In the defense of Devin and me, I would like to point out that more than once when we were reading the recipe, Shunka was heard to utter the phrase, "That's art. I'm a fucking scientist." I hope his (our?) science tastes good.

Not that you FF's wouldn't drink it anyways!!

Shunka thanks for having us over to make beer and for the door prizes we took home. Hoping to try them out today!
Fixerated for reality.

And anytime. Hopefully it turns out.
Shunka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 02:59 PM   #662
YetiGS
No Talent Ass Clown

Oddometer: 7,346
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shunka View Post
Fixerated for reality.

And anytime. Hopefully it turns out.
Uh huh. Right. I'm gonna drink some a dat Wee today, I'll let you know how it is.
"You had better bring an extra magazine. Yeti's amped up on weird shit are hard to bring down." Lonestar2112
YetiGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 03:11 PM   #663
Shunka
Supervision Required

Quote:
In the defense of Devin and me, I would like to point out that more than once when we were reading the recipe, Shunka was heard to utter the phrase, "That's science. I'm a fucking artist." I hope his (our?) art tastes good.

Not that you FF's wouldn't drink it anyways!!

Shunka thanks for having us over to make beer and for the door prizes we took home. Hoping to try them out today!
Quote:
Uh huh. Right. I'm gonna drink some a dat Wee today, I'll let you know how it is.
Yea let me know since you two took my last two bottles. Maybe...hmmmm.
Old 01-19-2014, 05:49 PM   #664
stoke
ocean minded

Oddometer: 705
Just caught up on four pages of WARPED mayhem. Been behind due to work and great surf! Surfing and motorcycling are very similar in my opinion, apart from the fact that surfers are dicks and motorcycle people are pretty cool. Maybe someone else will chime in here.

Also, fairly hammered right now on crown royal and mexican cokes. I know, cliche to mention on this thread, so on and so forth. Whatever. I'm at my office handling shit, and I would of rather have been a) riding my motorcycle b) surfing c) laying around and watching a movie. Drinks are required in any case.

Finally, it is an ALLEN WRENCH guys, not a oil splooge!!! She actually expressed interested in coming to WARPED, but I told her that she needed to ride there on her own...and she has actually great riding experience, but no bike at the current time.

I'm not going to WARPED to babysit, only to challenge by anemic noob adv riding skills on a 500lb bike and get wasted MOST of the time.
stoke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 06:20 PM   #665
scottmac
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,562
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoke View Post
Just caught up on four pages of WARPED mayhem. Been behind due to work and great surf! Surfing and motorcycling are very similar in my opinion, apart from the fact that surfers are dicks and motorcycle people are pretty cool. Maybe someone else will chime in here.

Also, fairly hammered right now on crown royal and mexican cokes. I know, cliche to mention on this thread, so on and so forth. Whatever. I'm at my office handling shit, and I would of rather have been a) riding my motorcycle b) surfing c) laying around and watching a movie. Drinks are required in any case.

Finally, it is an ALLEN WRENCH guys, not a oil splooge!!! She actually expressed interested in coming to WARPED, but I told her that she needed to ride there on her own...and she has actually great riding experience, but no bike at the current time.

I'm not going to WARPED to babysit, only to challenge by anemic noob adv riding skills on a 500lb bike and get wasted MOST of the time.
The surf has been good up here too for the past couple of days. Solid
DOH+ today and supposed to hold for tomorrow through Tuesday.

scottmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 09:20 AM   #666
dyvking
ahead of his flamin star

Oddometer: 3,273
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoke
I'm not going to WARPED to babysit, only to challenge my anemic noob adv riding skills on a 500lb bike and get wasted MOST of the time.
I think there's going to be a lot of that going around.

Speaking of which... who currently is in possession of the de-noobing kit?
2014 Fitness Goal: hike 1200 miles. DONE! Now +106
dyvking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 10:19 AM   #667
YetiGS
No Talent Ass Clown

Oddometer: 7,346
Quote:
Originally Posted by dyvking View Post

I have it, the orange bow ties and the HDIC placque.
"You had better bring an extra magazine. Yeti's amped up on weird shit are hard to bring down." Lonestar2112
YetiGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 10:47 AM   #668
DaFoole OP
Lewddite at large...

Oddometer: 4,084
DON'T ferget the TEA POT.....

It would appear, based on PM's, that some of our "older" crew do not get the meaning...

In several other ADV rallies n00bs must partake ( a swig...) of a cup or "tea pot" filled with a mix of liquors... (to be determined...)

Thus, they are then among the anointed....

That is all.

Please return to your current activities...

HDIC out

DaFoole screwed with this post 01-20-2014 at 12:14 PM
DaFoole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 05:33 PM   #669
Backoutonthehighway
Blame it on my 80HD

Oddometer: 605
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFoole View Post
The prodigal son returns from the far East.....

Welcome back boyo!!!
谢谢, YFF

scooter heaven over there - special lanes, riding on the sidewalk, filtering space at the stoplights, and they haul everything from propane tanks (max I saw was 4 on one scooter) to families of 5. Only saw one GS1200 and one 103 ci Harley the whole week. Did see a few 600'ish bikes out in the hinterland. Otherwise, most everything was under 300ccs.
Backoutonthehighway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 05:37 PM   #670
Backoutonthehighway
Blame it on my 80HD

Cool2

- don't have to, I just tied it on the bike.

Quote:
oh... go shake your cowbell.
Old 01-20-2014, 05:38 PM   #671
Backoutonthehighway
Blame it on my 80HD

Quote:
I have it, the orange bow ties and the HDIC placque.
Well, we'll never see those again then.
Old 01-20-2014, 06:06 PM   #672
dyvking
ahead of his flamin star

Oddometer: 3,273
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFoole View Post
DON'T ferget the TEA POT.....

[COLOR="Yellow"]It would appear, based on PM's, that some of our "older" crew do not get the meaning...

In several other ADV rallies n00bs must partake ( a swig...) of a cup or "tea pot" filled with a mix of liquors... (to be determined...)

Thus, they are then among the anointed....

HDIC out
um... there IS a certain item of very highly specialized de-noobing equipment involved as well. I can't find a photo of it. It's vulcanized, and has little spikes all over it.
2014 Fitness Goal: hike 1200 miles. DONE! Now +106
dyvking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 07:29 PM   #673
DaFoole OP
Lewddite at large...

Oddometer: 4,084
Quote:
um... there IS a certain item of very highly specialized de-noobing equipment involved as well. I can't find a photo of it. It's vulcanized, and has little spikes all over it.

That object is a given in the de-noobing ceremony.....
Old 01-20-2014, 07:38 PM   #674
stoke
ocean minded

Oddometer: 705
Quote:
Originally Posted by iifke View Post
+1
stoke: You and I should stick together- We're both WARPED noobs riding vstroms and we've both made slights against the WARPED elders.

WARPED elders: Turncoat is my middle name- we'll get that bastard and his apple juice too!
I'm down. Shit, I probably have made a few slights, although this crew seems to have a thicker skin than most. I am drinking most of the time I post here, like right now-having a brown drink while at work. Shooby's on a big bike too, although it's one that has more than our 6" of clearance, dismal seat to peg height and actual suspension. Shooby, what does BMW stand for again? Is it "Bring More Wallet?! Ha, just joking, the way you ride that thing off pavement, the expense is justified. Love my Strom though, even with it's piggish values off the tarmac.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottmac View Post
The surf has been good up here too for the past couple of days. Solid
DOH+ today and supposed to hold for tomorrow through Tuesday.

I just got out and back to work to finish up some stuff. Surfed the cliffs this afternoon. Was super crowded, of course. Crossed up swell, but pretty dang fun, got some fast ones. Funny, surfers are always hating on the crowds and each other and we motorcyclists actively try to hang out together online or in person and promote other people riding-that would never happen in the surfing world.

Quote:

This sounds sketchy. What the heck guys?! You ruffying noobs and dropping them off behind the truckstop dumpster or something?! Bring it on, but should I be concerned!?

FINALLY: I transferred the mead to the big glass jug, but dammit man! I have to wait two months now? I expected this, shit needs time to ferment, but how do you do it? Telling you one thing, I'm headed to the store to pick up another glass jug and going to brew some cider. I figure if you have two jugs in rotation, that would be the bare minimum to have around to brew your own and have enough at all times. What is the consensus on this from the experienced guys? Two 5 gallon jugs enough? Three? Four? Help me out here
stoke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 08:08 PM   #675
Shunka
Supervision Required

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoke View Post
I figure if you have two jugs in rotation, that would be the bare minimum to have around to brew your own and have enough at all times. What is the consensus on this from the experienced guys? Two 5 gallon jugs enough? Three? Four? Help me out here
I have 2 and it's barely enough. Thinking about going to 3 or possibly 4.

And if you don't have a thick skin it's best to keep your distance from me. If you're in sight your in range.