ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-21-2014, 09:56 PM   #1021
ssmschulz
Sherpa Rider

Oddometer: 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpkailua View Post
Hello,

Doing the walk through this Friday, will probably hang around Sparks/Reno over the weekend. I should have my Bike shipped from Hawaii in a couple of months. Its a 650 Dakar - A bit bigger than what I see you all ride, but I've put the Yammi forks on it and like to tray and abuse the thing!

Hope to meet a bunch of you guys in the future, Countdown as well.

JP
There will be plenty of trails for you. You may end up getting a smaller bike once you get here. But I have seen guys with bigger bikes ride with us.
Old 01-22-2014, 06:05 AM   #1022
autolycos
True vulgarian

Oddometer: 4,207
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmschulz View Post
There will be plenty of trails for you. You may end up getting a smaller bike once you get here. But I have seen guys with bigger bikes ride with us.
Are there any XT225's that hang with you guys? I moved here in Sept, and keep meaning to check in for rides, but buying a house and getting it up to standard has taken every weekend including the ones with snow in the air.
autolycos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 06:07 AM   #1023
jpkailua
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 289
Yes, I was thinking of getting another bike. Keep the Dakar though - I have done quite a few long distance trips, have two planned for this summer. Up to Canada via Black Rock Canyon, and Central Oregon, head west along the Columbia River. Up the coast to the Olympic Penninnsula/Port Angels. Ferry Boat to Vancouver Island and head north. Take the northern most ferry to the Canada Mainland and make my way to Vancouver BC from there. Fly back to Hawaii for my month of work.

Then its back to Vancouver to get the bike - Ride across Canada in as much dirt as i can until I'm north of Montana - turn right and take the Continental divide rout down until I hit Arizona, turn right again and get back to Sparks via dirt in NV.

I ride solo, or, with other people on my trips. I have a great time!
Old 01-22-2014, 07:29 AM   #1024
Solemon Grundy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by autolycos View Post
Are there any XT225's that hang with you guys? I moved here in Sept, and keep meaning to check in for rides, but buying a house and getting it up to standard has taken every weekend including the ones with snow in the air.
Schulz rides a little sherpa with 14 inches of ground clearance. Mayne not that low but he usually leads the pack. Im on a drz 400 and im in the back. The point is it's all about the rider's ability. Come and ride. We never leave anyone behind.
Solemon Grundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 08:14 AM   #1025
beechum1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 7,474
Unless they miss a turn......

Mention to HogWild which way the wind is blowing where you're at, wait 20 minutes, and he'll post a picture of the intersection your at and a Google Earth route of how to get there.
beechum1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 10:13 AM   #1026
beechum1
Beastly Adventurer

I'm out this weekend. I ended up in TJ last night.

But!!!

Next weekend is KOM. Anyone want to carpool? I plan on camping either in a tent or the back of the truck.
Mention to HogWild which way the wind is blowing where you're at, wait 20 minutes, and he'll post a picture of the intersection your at and a Google Earth route of how to get there.
Old 01-23-2014, 10:15 AM   #1027
Solemon Grundy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 128
10AM Sunday at estates rd., anyone interested? Still breaking in the DRZ, probably ST to moonrocks and back, no further. I plan on falling a lot, got some things to work on.
Solemon Grundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 04:58 PM   #1028
rjnutt
Desert tortoise

Oddometer: 239
Post Pneumonia Ride

Finally recovered from my bout of pneumonia and decided to test my new big bore kit out. Didn't want to come up north in case the motor decided to eat something....a little ride around the valley.

Should be some snow on Mount Rose....

We are going to be in a world of hurt this summer

Warning or challenge..........

Hopefully meet up with you guys at some point.
rjnutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 10:45 PM   #1029
beechum1
Beastly Adventurer

Hey..... Rob? Is it? And everyone. I only have two or three more weeks. Let's kill some miles. I drove home to TJ over the weekend. I wasn't sure when I'd get the chance next.

I have the whole week to get some packing done, put the new tank on the bike and make some roost. Let's dance.
Old 01-28-2014, 08:43 PM   #1030
F250Pal
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 222
Super Sunday Ride

Riding Sunday 02.02.14. Going to do another big Lyon/Douglas County loop. Leave from Stagecoach, and head toward Smith Valley, by way of Silver Springs, Weeks, Churchill Canyon, Mason Pass, etc.
Going to go through Desert Creek to Sweetwater, East Walker, back to Yerington(ish). More gas, then dirt all the way home.
Super Enduro/950 friendly if you don't mind a few peg deep water crossings. No ice or single track this ride. Probably 200 or so miles with 20 being pavement. At least 100 mile range on a tank. Might end up finishing in the dark if all goes well.
Leaving from my house at 10:00am. Plenty of parking. PM for address.
F250Pal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 06:11 PM   #1031
sharpie1
Adventurer

Oddometer: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by F250Pal View Post
Riding Sunday 02.02.14. Going to do another big Lyon/Douglas County loop. Leave from Stagecoach, and head toward Smith Valley, by way of Silver Springs, Weeks, Churchill Canyon, Mason Pass, etc.
Going to go through Desert Creek to Sweetwater, East Walker, back to Yerington(ish). More gas, then dirt all the way home.
Super Enduro/950 friendly if you don't mind a few peg deep water crossings. No ice or single track this ride. Probably 200 or so miles with 20 being pavement. At least 100 mile range on a tank. Might end up finishing in the dark if all goes well.
Leaving from my house at 10:00am. Plenty of parking. PM for address.
Sounds like a 950 ride I wanna do...but I'll be in Death Valley this weekend, have fun.
sharpie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 07:24 AM   #1032
fletch123
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 182
Hey Boys, Getting a little quiet around here since DV. Shouldn't be letting this thread get back to page 3 now. F250 you doing Mrann next wk end? I'm thinking about it. Gotta ride one way or another.
fletch123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 08:16 AM   #1033
PatSmith
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 394
Dixie Valley

I'm heading out to dixie valley this weekend.
Does anyone know if they got rain from this last storm?
Thx
Old 02-10-2014, 08:23 AM   #1034
renogeorge
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,157
Rained off and on in Reno last 2 days. So I'd bet Fallon and east got some too....
Old 02-10-2014, 11:01 AM   #1035
PatSmith
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 394
Quote:
Originally Posted by renogeorge View Post
Rained off and on in Reno last 2 days. So I'd bet Fallon and east got some too....
Thank you