Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-22-2014, 01:30 PM   #1
Rut Runner OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 132
Dual Sport Meandering in Colorado and Utah

The plan was similar to years past: haul my bike around to choice riding spots, unload and explore …

The difference this year was the September timeframe. In years past I’ve come to Utah in November and December. The riding was good but you always had to keep one eye on the weather forecast. Many times I had to divert to lower altitude trails or leave the state all together. For September I thought I would have complete freedom in Utah and Colorado. What I didn’t count on was record rainfall and flash-flooding!

The riding that I did do was based out of Buena Vista and Georgetown in Colorado. The Utah riding included trails in the Whitewash area south of Green River, Hatch Canyon near Hite, Cathedral Valley in Capitol Reef NP, the San Rafael Swell and various 4x4 roads in the Grand Staircase NM. For most of the Utah routes, my bike was the first vehicle through after the rains had ceased.

The riding included an unscheduled overnight stop, where I ended up sleeping beside my bike in full riding gear. Considering all the solo riding that I do, I figured I would be overdue for this, but not under quite those circumstances!

Here’s some preview pics:

Rut Runner is offline   Reply With Quote