Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-22-2014, 10:15 PM   #91
Kommando
Grumpy Young Man

Oddometer: 6,712
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albie View Post
Waahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!! Need a tissue?

I don't recall me being the individual not able to handle running slab using anything less cushy than a truck, Muffinbutt. The wind doesn't bother me. The noise or vibes don't bother me. 1K+ miles in a day on a dualsport seat doesn't twist my panties in a knot, but somebody else mods their bike or rides it in a way that you don't approve of and you get enough sand in your mangina over it that you're makin' pearls and calling their riding habits stupid and/or wrong.

AdventureTrucker, huh? That seems stupid and wrong when gas is $4/gal and you're not hauling anything over 2K lb. A decent car would be more economical, sportier, and probably more comfortable

Why even bother riding anything over 600cc?
Some are guard dogs of the flock. Some herders, search/rescue, or companions. We Devildogs are those, and also retrievers. Hell is our blazing dogpark, our frigid swimming hole. The fallen are our tennis balls. We don't leave the fallen behind, even if the master has to bring them home for us. Semper Fi, my friends.
Kommando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 10:20 PM   #92
Kommando
Grumpy Young Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by joexr View Post
I was thinking feminine product.
Why? Nobody was calling you.
Some are guard dogs of the flock. Some herders, search/rescue, or companions. We Devildogs are those, and also retrievers. Hell is our blazing dogpark, our frigid swimming hole. The fallen are our tennis balls. We don't leave the fallen behind, even if the master has to bring them home for us. Semper Fi, my friends.
Old 01-23-2014, 04:20 AM   #93
Albie
Kool Aid poisoner

Oddometer: 8,758
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kommando View Post

I don't recall me being the individual not able to handle running slab using anything less cushy than a truck, Muffinbutt. The wind doesn't bother me. The noise or vibes don't bother me. 1K+ miles in a day on a dualsport seat doesn't twist my panties in a knot, but somebody else mods their bike or rides it in a way that you don't approve of and you get enough sand in your mangina over it that you're makin' pearls and calling their riding habits stupid and/or wrong.

AdventureTrucker, huh? That seems stupid and wrong when gas is $4/gal and you're not hauling anything over 2K lb. A decent car would be more economical, sportier, and probably more comfortable

Why even bother riding anything over 600cc?
There's nothing adventurous about droning along a superhighway. If you think there is, like I said, you're doing it wrong Snowflake.

I ride for the enjoyment, not the get from point A to point B.

Another day, another foot injury!
Albie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 04:46 AM   #94
randyo
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,485
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripped1 View Post
Hmmm

Lets see
~shorty levers, because I ride 2+2 and never four finger controls
~higher rigid pegs because my feet slip off the stockers and I need GP shift to getting my big ass feet under the shifter in some left corners causes foot to ground interface that I can get around easily....by flipping the shift pattern
~most bikes are tuned close to dangerously lean which makes low end response shit
~aftermarket exhausts remove 20lbs (in the case of my 675) from high and on the tail of the bike, the last place you want it.

That is just the track bitch, and for what I usually use it for it is hands down better for what I use it for.

For the Speed Triple
-1/+3 cogs, because frond wheels should last forever That I don't give a shit about going 145, I want 0-80 and I want it now.....and it still gets about 38-40mpg highway, enough to get about 170 miles if I need to.
Daytona engine internals.....yeah, hands down better, higher compression, higher redline, better sleeves better machine work...
Porting/milling the head.....yeah more compression better flow (sadly the Speed Triple/Daytona of that era have not even close to enough airbox for the engine)
I have a high mount on it, because I like burning the back of my right boot....oh that and you shouldn't block SSSAs...ever
Suspension, me and the suspension on that fucker are going though generation 3 thus far, this time I'm going full retard, GSXR forks, AK-20s, Penske shock, 1050 swinger.

.......may not be better to you, but its damn sure better for me.
you are ignoring the fact that iamcanjim prefaced each statement with the word "most"
and btw, while your mods may work for you, they decrease the usability for most riders and most uses
99 SV650
82 XV920R
A man with a gun is a citizen
A man without a gun is a subject
randyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 06:02 AM   #95
blk-betty
bam-a-lam

Oddometer: 2,311
Quote:
There's nothing adventurous about droning along a superhighway. If you think there is, like I said, you're doing it wrong Snowflake.

Your in the upstate, I'm done here on the coast...to get to really good riding above your area I have to super slab it up I-26.

Do you suggest I quit riding altogether or load my bike in a truck and haul it up to NC mountains?

Not all of us live close to great riding areas.
Old 01-23-2014, 06:56 AM   #96
randyo
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,485
Quote:
Originally Posted by blk-betty View Post
Your in the upstate, I'm done here on the coast...to get to really good riding above your area I have to super slab it up I-26.

Do you suggest I quit riding altogether or load my bike in a truck and haul it up to NC mountains?

Not all of us live close to great riding areas.
I agree, I live in decent twisties, but like to explore new areas, highways allow me to get there without taking a month off from work taking back roads that I have been on before
99 SV650
82 XV920R
A man with a gun is a citizen
A man without a gun is a subject
randyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 07:24 AM   #97
Road Hound
Adventurer

Oddometer: 75
Quote:

If you truly love Riding, you'll learn to enjoy every mile you ride. It's not always about the road, sometimes it's just you and your bike. I've been at it for over 40 years and I enjoy it all.
Road Hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 08:07 AM   #98
Tripped1
Likely Lost.

Oddometer: 7,359
Quote:
Originally Posted by randyo View Post
you are ignoring the fact that iamcanjim prefaced each statement with the word "most"
and btw, while your mods may work for you, they decrease the usability for most riders and most uses

For the Speed Triple more power and a higher readline is a decrease in usability? Better suspension? Longer fork travel and adjustable ride height?

Less usable?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road Hound View Post
If you truly love Riding, you'll learn to enjoy every mile you ride. It's not always about the road, sometimes it's just you and your bike. I've been at it for over 40 years and I enjoy it all.
I enjoy most riding.

However, fuck if I'm going to sit light to light for an hour and a half when I can hop on the 5 and be out of town in like 20 minutes. I'm going to to go with the assumption that the super slab haters don't have major cities to deal with on the way out of town.
Tripped1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 08:10 AM   #99
windmill
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,084
Quote:

Well for some of us, riding isn't limited to weekend recreation or for fitting into a lifestyle, it's our preferred full time transportation, with recreation riding simply being a side benefit

I rather be "droning along a superhighway" on a bike, than drive any cage on any road.
Old 01-23-2014, 08:47 AM   #100
Kiba
Dances With Huskies

Oddometer: 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by windmill View Post
Well for some of us, riding isn't limited to weekend recreation or for fitting into a lifestyle, it's our preferred full time transportation, with recreation riding simply being a side benefit

I rather be "droning along a superhighway" on a bike, than drive any cage on any road.

1986 Yamaha XT600 (daily driver) 14,876 miles
1986 Yamaha TT350 (dirt supermoto) 5021 miles
1978 Yamaha XT500 15371 miles
Kiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 08:57 AM   #101
Albie
Kool Aid poisoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by blk-betty View Post

When I lived in TX I loaded up my bike in the truck and drove to AR every other w/e. What's the big deal? Besides, if I rode up to AR, I'd already be on cord before I got halfway back. It's as much a matter of safety as it was comfort.

Old 01-23-2014, 09:00 AM   #102
Albie
Kool Aid poisoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road Hound View Post
I truly love riding and because of that I don't compromise.

Old 01-23-2014, 09:08 AM   #103
Albie
Kool Aid poisoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripped1 View Post

I enjoy most riding.

However, fuck if I'm going to sit light to light for an hour and a half when I can hop on the 5 and be out of town in like 20 minutes. I'm going to to go with the assumption that the super slab haters don't have major cities to deal with on the way out of town.
Not a major city but serious urban sprawl. I was a bit shocked when I moved here. I figured it would be more like the NW AR area, but it feels like there's 10 times the population. Oh, and the interstates by me don't take you anywhere there's good riding.

Old 01-23-2014, 09:13 AM   #104
Kommando
Grumpy Young Man

Quote:
When I lived in TX I loaded up my bike in the truck and drove to AR every other w/e. What's the big deal? Besides, if I rode up to AR, I'd already be on cord before I got halfway back. It's as much a matter of safety as it was comfort.
If you can't get over 2K miles out of tires, you're doing it wrong. It seems stupid to use tires that blow through rubber like that. The fuel costs must have been ridiculous too.

Did you drive backroads all the way up there? Droning away in a truck on slab is boring. Why didn't you drive up in a sporty car on twisty backroads, pulling a trailer, and get better mileage? Droning slab in a truck is no adventure. It seems stupid too, and it's not exactly how I would do it, so you must be doing it wrong.

Old 01-23-2014, 09:15 AM   #105
Kommando
Grumpy Young Man

Quote:
Not a major city but serious urban sprawl. I was a bit shocked when I moved here. I figured it would be more like the NW AR area, but it feels like there's 10 times the population. Oh, and the interstates by me don't take you anywhere there's good riding.
So...They don't connect to any other interstates that go somewhere with good riding. 'Got it.

Living someplace like that seems stupid. You must be doing it wrong.

Kommando screwed with this post 01-23-2014 at 09:32 AM