Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-24-2014, 02:31 AM   #61
Evil Invader
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 639
Quote:
Originally Posted by HellasRally View Post
After some thought Hellas Rally Raid 2014 will pay a quick visit to Peloponnese with 3 Selective stages of 300 klm on Day 5 of the race. Peloponnese is one of the most historic Greek areas where Olympic games started.
Scouting started and some awesome parts of the area will be included in the roadbook of 2014 race.
An unexplored canyon, 30klm of mountain top driving and some really soft terrain parts where things will spice up and variety of conditions and terrain mix will satisfy the most demanding.
Stay tuned, more surprises to come.

https://www.facebook.com/HellasRally...4133265&type=1

M Motoadventures
Evil Invader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 09:51 AM   #62
HellasRally OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 126
Hellas Rally Raid 2014 changes to Single Bivouac in Nafpaktos.

Due to some major operational problems of Ano Hora hotels, we are forced to change the race Itinerary to SINGLE BIVOUAC. The race will camp all days in Nafpaktos by the sea.
Accommodation department will automatically change your bookings and resend you the new pricing.

PLEASE NOTE:

Roadbook and stages remain intact and we have the pleasant obligation to add some 100klm more to the initial schedule due to this change.
2 days with 3 SS per day and 12 SS in total with 90% off road out of 2000klm race.
Hellas Rally visits the best off road paths, gravel roads, forests, alpine grass and mountain tops of Central Greece and Peloponnese.
HellasRally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 06:26 AM   #63
patfitz
Adventurer

Oddometer: 14
Hi all.
I am looking at traveling over from ireland to this event.
Can you tell me what airport is best to fly into. And do I need to rent a car to get my family to the hotel.
patfitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 07:39 AM   #64
Mike_MRS
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 301
Pat, Athens is the nearest and easiest to fly in to. By road the bivuoac is around 3 hours easy drive.

If you need bike transport (or both transport and mech support etc) from the North West (England), give me a shout, our workshop is 2 hours 30 from Holyhead

Mike_MRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 04:03 AM   #65
HellasRally OP
Gnarly Adventurer

http://youtu.be/PM8-LGRfq6c David Fretigne

http://youtu.be/YyxbhOYlCQM Francesco Catanese

Both of them live @ Hellas Rally Raid 6-11 May
Old 02-07-2014, 12:30 PM   #66
stoic bloke
Adventurer

Oddometer: 63
Hi Pat, there are two of us competing from the north, newry & armagh we are going with Patsy Quick from desert rose, give her a shout. as she is sorting hotels, vehicles for transfer from the airport, support etc http://www.desertroseracing.com/rallye-assistance/ 07711 167183

we probably will send over a van with the bikes and spares

it might be worthwhile for us to work together to get a good deal, its up to you! have raced with the team before and am pretty impressed with their service and value
stoic bloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 12:34 PM   #67
Gian
dreamer

Oddometer: 946
Quote:
Hellas Rally Raid 2014 changes to Single Bivouac in Nafpaktos.
Hello Meletis,

If the office willl let me have the holiday, I'm thinking about joining the adv. Raid. Would you please be able to give me (us) some more details of how it will work... I mean, Raid participants will follow the same routes (I don't think during the 500km stages though!), starting after all the Rally riders... any problem with fuel, minimum autonomy is? How much off road and how much tarmac?

Many thanks!
Gianpaolo
Gian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 01:46 AM   #68
HellasRally OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gian View Post
Hello Meletis,

If the office willl let me have the holiday, I'm thinking about joining the adv. Raid. Would you please be able to give me (us) some more details of how it will work... I mean, Raid participants will follow the same routes (I don't think during the 500km stages though!), starting after all the Rally riders... any problem with fuel, minimum autonomy is? How much off road and how much tarmac?

Many thanks!
Gianpaolo
200klm per day
some parts for the route
After all rally competitors
150klm autonomy
75% off road
http://hellasrally.org/adv-raid/
Old 02-17-2014, 12:17 PM   #69
Gian
dreamer

Oddometer: 946
Quote:
200klm per day
some parts for the route
After all rally competitors
150klm autonomy
75% off road
http://hellasrally.org/adv-raid/
thanks mate
Gian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 06:02 AM   #70
HellasRally OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Intercontinental Rally Organizer Jiri Vasatko joins Hellas Rally Raid 2014.
Fanatic of classic bikes Jiri will race with his Honda XL600LM in the greek stages for his first time.
Hellas Rally Raid and Intercontinental Rally are getting closer.

Old 02-26-2014, 12:16 PM   #71
kayesport.com
Richard Kaye

Oddometer: 151
Good evening

If anybody wants any information regarding the rally and what's we experienced last year please give me a shout it was a very good event one of the most organised rallies I've ever done

And a very good price for the level of organisation

We were fortunate last year to finish third overall and second 450 class last year
It was great fun

we are taking a van again from Tuscany Italy to Ancona ferry and then across to Greece

we have some room still available if anybody is struggling or needs some help
www.endurotuscany.com
kayesport.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 10:29 AM   #72
HellasRally OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Lyndon Poskitt just joined the Rally, great news to meet him in person
Thanks Lyndon

HellasRally screwed with this post 03-01-2014 at 04:13 AM
Old 03-01-2014, 10:17 AM   #73
Evil Invader
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 639
Quote:
Lyndon Poskitt just joined the Rally, great news to meet him in person
Thanks Lyndon
cool!!!

M Motoadventures
Evil Invader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 01:54 AM   #74
HellasRally OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Intercontinental Rally & Hellas Rally Raid join forces for 2015.
Overall Winners of Hellas Rally Raid 2014 in both Car & Bike class will have a free entry for Intercontinental 2015.
More Information soon.

Hellas Rally Raid sanctioned by FIM as International CCRR meeting.
http://www.fim-live.com/en/sport/int...etings/events/
FIM IMN:890/10

HellasRally screwed with this post 03-05-2014 at 02:43 AM
Old 03-20-2014, 03:38 AM   #75
HellasRally OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Very flattering article
Thanks Lyndon
Great to have you with us this year

http://www.adventure-spec.com/defaul...ly-raid-greece

Races to Places Race 1 Hellas Rally Raid, Greece
So after months of planning, my departure date is set for the 25th April and the first race is also planned. I will head out from the UK and ride South East through Europe before arriving at Nafpaktos, Greece. Here I will set-up camp, remove my luggage, give the bike a quick service, throw on a road book holder and a couple of trip computers and head for the start line of the Hellas Rally Raid.
After some of the racing I have been doing over the years, I cannot express how economical the Hellas Rally raid is, I had to ask twice when they told me the entry fee was only 600 Euros! Just 100 Euros per day for 6 days of amazing tracks in some of the most spectacular scenery.
Rallying has always been seen as an exotic and expensive sport and when I look back at a few of my previous events I have done, it has been just that, but the Hellas rally organization have put something together here which has thrown that theory out of the water. If I compare the overall costs of this event per competitive stage km, with that of a UK rally, this race would be easily less than half the cost and it has road books, an amazing field of international riders and guaranteed nice weather!
Unless I can scrounge some floor space Ill be sleeping in my tent to save much needed travel funds, but accommodation is only circa 20 Euro per person per night based on sharing twin rooms, bargain! You can also hire local mechanics from the local dealers to service your bikes for not a lot. All of this coupled with a 30% riders discount on the ferries from Italy, the organization really have done everything they can to make this an affordable option for everyone.
Transport to and from the race can be made easy with the likes of Desert Rose Racing offering support packages at affordable prices including bike transportation from the UK. Id encourage anybody wanting to experience an international Rally to seriously consider this one. If you wish to discuss it with me please get in touch, I would be only too happy to help discuss what it would take to get you on the start line. Maybe you'd even like to join up with me and ride as part of Team LPR 'Races to Places' and be part of this amazing story. It is guaranteed to be a great experience whatever level you are at.
I am really looking forward to this one, the competitive field looks widespread from beginners to experts and vet pros. The rally is also sanctioned by the FIM so you can have some Kudos in the pub having competed in an FIM International Cross Country Rally and it looks great on your racing resume too. Set the excuses to one side and go for it, we are only here once peeps. You can ride any bike from a 125 2-stroke to a 990 Adventure, there is a class for everyone, find out more about the rally here www.hellasrally.org.
Thats it for now, I hope some of you can join me for this race, its going to be a fun and enjoyable one I am sure. For me it will be quite different, as I need to leave the rally without injury and on the same bike that I arrived on and then ride over 10,000miles across Asia before arriving in Japan some months later to plan the next leg of my adventure.
Keeping the wheels rolling,
Lyndon