Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-26-2014, 11:13 AM   #331
sasho
Dual Personality

Oddometer: 486
Quote:
Originally Posted by WesleyDRZ400
I must say the whole of Ukraine was like this for me for my trip and it is a great hospitable country,
Awesome ride report Wesley, I am enjoying it immensely!!

I agree with your sentiments on Ukraine--I have found the people to be welcoming, the country very hospitable, and Ukrainian food so delicious!!! My spontaneous encounters resulted in many friendships and I cannot wait to be back.

Please keep on with the report, your story is amazing.
sasho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 11:17 AM   #332
WesleyDRZ400 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 262
After i had eaten the very tasty food they made for me i then headed outside and helped Aslan in the garden

We were putting in sticks and running string along so the plants can be supported as they grow

Alsan also was teaching me some basic words in Adygea like
thank you= Wrap So
Big thank you= Tarr Where Wrap So

Aslans daughter who lives in the house next door, i like this photo alot of Aslan as i think he looks alot like my father who passed away when i was young

His grandchildren

I really enjoyed my time and felt at home in the Republic of Adygea, they never knew me and they opened up there house to me making me feel like family.

Sometimes i feel alittle ashamed being from Western Europe as people are mostly not as friendly as people from Eastern Europe onwards

People carry out motorbike trips for many reasons, some love off road riding to challenge there self, some like to visit tourist areas/famous citys/towns or see areas of natural beauty like mountains, lakes or rivers but for me it was always about visiting people.

People are interesting for me and its the reason i travel

WesleyDRZ400 screwed with this post 01-26-2014 at 11:29 AM
WesleyDRZ400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 11:38 AM   #333
WesleyDRZ400 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by azbnd View Post
Great RR! Keep it coming.
Glad you are enjoying it

Quote:
Originally Posted by AteamNM View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by live2ridetahoe View Post
Awesome updates!!
JG
Thanks
Old 01-26-2014, 11:43 AM   #334
WesleyDRZ400 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasho View Post
Awesome ride report Wesley, I am enjoying it immensely!!

I agree with your sentiments on Ukraine--I have found the people to be welcoming, the country very hospitable, and Ukrainian food so delicious!!! My spontaneous encounters resulted in many friendships and I cannot wait to be back.

Please keep on with the report, your story is amazing.
Yes Ukraine is a amazing country i totally agree

I found it like this for me basically from Poland on wards all the way to Tajikistan

I am glad you find this ride report amazing but it is only due to the amazing people i met that made this trip what it was, for me it is the best thing i have ever done in my life
Old 01-26-2014, 12:25 PM   #335
Prutser
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 848
Great updates Wesley. Keep them coming

The next time your in the Ukraine check out Arcadia Beach. Great place to meet people

R100GS'91 (sold)
Prutser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 12:51 PM   #336
WesleyDRZ400 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Leaving The Republic of Adygea

So after helping Aslan in the garden i was shown to my room which was like a 5 star hotel room, Aslan son Рэмэзан then came in and brought me a laptop and his house phone to use if i needed, as i said amazing hospitality

So after we talked and Рэмэзан asked where i was going and i said to Georgia via North Ossetia and he said Wesley why you must go visit Chechnya i have friends there who will meet you and take you there, he then called his friends from Chechnya but they where in Moscow, i dont really know much about Chechnya apart from seeing on TV the news with regards to the two devastating wars they had there and never planned to head this way but only to North Ossetia.

So in the morning i was greeted with breakfast

We said are goodbyes and i was to head of towards North Ossetia.
Old 01-26-2014, 01:15 PM   #337
WesleyDRZ400 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Thumb Getting lost again and making new friends

So i set off on the road again and soon got stopped at a police check point, in the Caucasus's there is quit alot of police check points.

So this police office took my driving licence of me and then walked away and i just waited and about ten minutes later he came back and started looking at my bike.

Now Aslan had written on my bike just like all the people i meet did but Aslan had written in his native language of Adygea, the police officer saw what he had written and asked me who write this and i explained a friend from Maykop "Ochen drogue Maykop"

He then gave me my drivers licence back with a smile and let me on my way.

I am not sure what he had written on my bike but it was something the police officer liked.

So i got lost again and stopped near the town of Armavir and asked for directions but the guy i asked said i must follow him back to his house so i did

Well turns out he is a biker and has a bike workshop so i was to stay for dinner

He called this food boiled ear, well boiled ear soon became my favorite food

So after talking he said he has a friend who will meet me in the Republic of North Ossetia–Alania and i was to stay with him at his home, he then asked me if i have a phone as i was to call this man when i got to North Ossetia

I had my I-phone but it does not work when i leave England as i only use if for wifi so i explained "I-phone Nyet Sputnik" (I-Phone no satellite)

Well he then gave me his Samsung phone and sketched me a map of where i was to stop and then call his friend who would meet me and i was to stay with, but he also told me his friend does not speak English so i was to stop at the North Ossetia border crossing

Would you give a stranger you only just met your Samsung phone who was to give it to your friend he was supposed to meet a few hours later?

Well they do in the in Russia

Well after feeding me and watering me i set off to The Republic of North Ossetia–Alania however i would meet a new friend on the way as was the case throughout this trip, he was to show me Ingushetia and Chechnya which i never planned to see, well more on that later

The Republic of North Ossetia–Alania Flag with the Coat Of Arms

WesleyDRZ400 screwed with this post 01-27-2014 at 01:37 PM
Old 01-26-2014, 01:24 PM   #338
WesleyDRZ400 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prutser View Post
Great updates Wesley. Keep them coming

The next time your in the Ukraine check out Arcadia Beach. Great place to meet people
Thanks for the info Prutser, Terry also told me i should visit Sumy

He even posted me some maps of the Pamirs and included some Ukraine maps so i will have to go back
Old 01-26-2014, 01:40 PM   #339
yeuop
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 408
Quote:
Originally Posted by WesleyDRZ400 View Post
I found it like this for me basically from Poland on wards all the way to Tajikistan
hahaha
do you remember Bartek and Marta? two polish guys on two black Suzuki DR (i think 650 and 200).. we thought "is he really talking about poland?? maybe he visited different poland than the one we live in"
yeuop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 01:46 PM   #340
WesleyDRZ400 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeuop View Post
hahaha
do you remember Bartek and Marta? two polish guys on two black Suzuki DR (i think 650 and 200).. we thought "is he really talking about poland?? maybe he visited different poland than the one we live in"
Yes I am really talking about Poland

You mean the Polish man and women right?

I met them in Osh randomly on my way back from Tajikistan just before i met you, nice couple do they have a link for a ride report?

When is your next trip Yeuop ?

I really like your riding style
Old 01-26-2014, 01:53 PM   #341
yeuop
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 408
Quote:
Originally Posted by WesleyDRZ400 View Post
Yes I am really talking about Poland

You mean the Polish man and women right?

I met them in Osh randomly on my way back from Tajikistan just before i met you, nice couple do they have a link for a ride report?

When is your next trip Yeuop ?

I really like your riding style
you may find something here: http://www.byledalej.com/ but it's only in polish
i know they made it to afganistan and they really enjoyed it.. but since then contact is lost so i don't even know if they finished their trip and are back in poland or not..

hopefully next trip will start this summer but you never know.. would be cool to meet you somewhere on the road ;-) cheers!!
yeuop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 02:05 PM   #342
ferals5
865+652

Oddometer: 999
Great RR... looking forward to seeing more " I'm lost... need directions...you must come home with me....well ok"

awesome
ferals5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 02:06 PM   #343
NSFW
ktm's "the tourist"

Oddometer: 15,712
thanks wes for doing this rr.

it opens up our eyes and minds that there are a lot of very nice people out there!

read it all from page 1 all in one seating...that means...this is good!
NSFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 02:06 PM   #344
WesleyDRZ400 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeuop View Post
you may find something here: http://www.byledalej.com/ but it's only in polish
i know they made it to afganistan and they really enjoyed it.. but since then contact is lost so i don't even know if they finished their trip and are back in poland or not..

hopefully next trip will start this summer but you never know.. would be cool to meet you somewhere on the road ;-) cheers!!
Thanks for the link, I can read it thanks to Google Chrome translate

Will be cool to meet you again, maybe we can ride for awhile together
Old 01-26-2014, 02:17 PM   #345
TravlinCat
whocares

Oddometer: 40
Wonderful photos! Thanks for being so inspiring.

TravlinCat is offline   Reply With Quote