Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-28-2014, 11:58 AM   #1771
OKlr
Youtube whore

Oddometer: 748
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustytigwire View Post
I think thats what I have, hard to learn to like them. Size 10.5, Interested?
i think mine are 10. I think i'm going to try the gearne next.
OKlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 04:53 PM   #1772
Firestone
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 304
Man, I need 11..
RIDE RED 2013 XR650L. Acerbis-Valdez, Renthal RC High, TCI Windshield, Symtec Heat Demon Grip Heaters, Wolfman Racks and Packs, SW-Motech Tail + Pelican, Rotopax Mounts, Laminar Lip, XR's Only Thermometer.
Firestone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 05:40 PM   #1773
durtrider
adventure sow

Oddometer: 652
This Tour looks awesome!

Mars thanks for posting this info on the Grand Tour. A few years ago Fogel did a couple of street enduros out of Performance Cylce and I really enjoyed both of them. I had hopes he would do another one, but this Grand Tour looks like it would be a lot of fun. I like that the ride begins and ends in the OKC area, probably out of Performance Cycles lot. The OAT is a great ride too, but I like the idea of loops.
durtrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 08:14 AM   #1774
Firestone
Gnarly Adventurer

Pics

I make shifted the windshield brackets. Still have to get them welded but getting by for a few days. It's cloudy and the bike is filthy but here are a few more pics.

RIDE RED 2013 XR650L. Acerbis-Valdez, Renthal RC High, TCI Windshield, Symtec Heat Demon Grip Heaters, Wolfman Racks and Packs, SW-Motech Tail + Pelican, Rotopax Mounts, Laminar Lip, XR's Only Thermometer.
Old 01-30-2014, 08:18 AM   #1775
OKlr
Youtube whore

firestone that is one slick bike. i dig it!
Old 01-30-2014, 08:29 AM   #1776
Firestone
Gnarly Adventurer

Phone

Mental, do you have a picture of your phone mount? I am thinking of doing something similar on my bike.

Thanks OKlr! I spent most of December working in Ponca City too bad we did not hookup.
Old 01-30-2014, 08:38 AM   #1777
OKlr
Youtube whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firestone View Post
Mental, do you have a picture of your phone mount? I am thinking of doing something similar on my bike.

Thanks OKlr! I spent most of December working in Ponca City too bad we did not hookup.
shoot me a message next time.
Old 01-30-2014, 10:32 AM   #1778
Mental3dge
Based

Oddometer: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firestone View Post

I'll send the image to your phone. You can check the mount out at http://www.rammount.com/Products/XGr...8/Default.aspx. I got the part numbers for what I wanted and purchased from a local distibutor, I think it cost me around 45 for the setup. It's well built, very adjustable, and so far my phone hasn't bounced out.
Mental3dge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 03:12 PM   #1779
tom44
n00b

Oddometer: 8
Is there a local distributer that carries Ram mount products?
tom44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 08:18 PM   #1780
Mental3dge
Based

Oddometer: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom44 View Post
Is there a local distributer that carries Ram mount products?
Gps zone in Ardmore is a distributor, that's local enough for me.
Mental3dge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 05:49 AM   #1781
tom44
n00b

Oddometer: 8
Thanks Mental3dge that's just down the road
tom44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 07:57 PM   #1782
rustytigwire
Adventurer

Oddometer: 56
Bar B Q ok now you looked

I like the phone holder that Mental has and am tempted to buy one but I'm tryin to quit (that's why I'm playing with ((my phone)) right now). Excellent little gizmo looks well designed and constructed with simple operation. Light years ahead of the "ends with Tech so original" finger puzzle space age one pound sheet metal miracle that hangs off my bike.

Grand Tour. I haven't looked at the map too closely but am sure many will agree about the weekend loop. We all got the favorite loop here and there. Put down the phone and get out the maps time. Spent 2 hours at Oklahoma Honda the other day squeezing XL helmets on my fat head. No one mentioned Grand Tour. I did get a helmet though.

Cold ride to work this morning. Tried to lure Firestone to my shop to borrow or other his cold gear but he is wise and wary, nice guy though. Have to try again soon.

If this is a repeat forgive me as I didnt do a forum search. There is a Bar B Q place at SW 46th and May called Ribber BBQ at 4540 s May. Passed my first impression with a high 9. Family operated, excellent ribs, same for the chocolate cake. Closed Sunday. Maybe put it on the meet and greet list.

You all asleep now? K maybe I'll get up and go be useful.
See ya
rustytigwire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 05:22 AM   #1783
OkieGman
Working Stiff

Oddometer: 110
iPhone mount

I use this: http://www.slipgripcarmounts.com/Sli..._p_128505.html

It uses a ram mount base, they make several different versions based on what case you are or are not using. I've had great luck, my phone has never come out, it's easy to get the phone in and out of the holder.

I recently upgraded to an iPhone 5 so I actually have 2 of these for an iPhone 4 using an otterbox defender case. If that fit's your needs I'll sell them cheap. (not including the ram mount base, just the holder with ram mount ball) They don't work with the 5

2005 BMW R1200GS (Limey - yes it's lime green)
2007 Honda XR230R (x2 - for wifey and I)
OkieGman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 09:29 AM   #1784
Free Radical
High speed drifter

Oddometer: 1,402
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustytigwire View Post
There is a Bar B Q place at SW 46th and May called Ribber BBQ at 4540 s May. Passed my first impression with a high 9. Family operated, excellent ribs, same for the chocolate cake. Closed Sunday. Maybe put it on the meet and greet list.
Count me IN. Not today, though.

"A cheeseburger, a tank of gas, and the hell out of here!" -- Graffiti, Men's Room, Fontanelli's Tavern, Norman, OK c 1974
Free Radical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 03:43 PM   #1785
Firestone
Gnarly Adventurer

Well my snow tires are on the landcruiser.. Guess the bike is going to stay home for a bit. You know this is the longest winter I can remember..

You had some pretty good treads mental you riding this week?