ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West – California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-02-2014, 09:32 AM   #3196
fanatic291
Desert Tortoise
 
fanatic291's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2013
Location: Mesa, by Usery
Oddometer: 549
http://s1302.photobucket.com/user/fa...1be12.mp4.html

I am not sure how to imbed videos on the forum. Here is a video of Stan and Julio climbing one of the hills at the cove.
fanatic291 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 09:39 AM   #3197
cyberdos
True Story Bro
 
cyberdos's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Location: Queen Creek, AZ
Oddometer: 23,958
Embedding



Under "Links to Share" Copy/Paste the IMG code.
__________________
...
Presione dos para español.
cyberdos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 10:27 AM   #3198
Canyonlandman
Stop, drop, and roll
 
Joined: Apr 2013
Location: Phoenix
Oddometer: 22
That looks like a fun ride, have to join in one these days.

Anybody have some inside info into good bark busters or other for the XR650L? been picking flowers with handlebars lately.

Thanks

Paul
__________________
Stop, drop, and roll...
Canyonlandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 10:32 AM   #3199
XB12R
Beastly Adventurer
 
XB12R's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Zillah WA, The Dalles OR
Oddometer: 1,108
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canyonlandman View Post
That looks like a fun ride, have to join in one these days.

Anybody have some inside info into good bark busters or other for the XR650L? been picking flowers with handlebars lately.

Thanks

Paul
I have the Highway Dirt Bike setup. If you get all the extras it can get expensive.
__________________
2010 BMW R1200GS, 2010 Ducati Monster 1100S, 2011 WR250R, 1985 Beta TR32
XB12R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 10:47 AM   #3200
RailwayRog
Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: Amityville,NY
Oddometer: 95
I see this is an active thread, I kept coming up with blank pages trying to search in "equipment".
I'm coming to Black Canyon City for a week of riding in March.
I'm from the north east so I'm not familiar with the terrain other than what I see in photos.
What do folks run for rear tires off road in Arizona?
I presently have on the bike a IRC Motocross M5B soft terrain tire or I could mount my new Pirelli MT43 trails tire.
What do you recommend?
Thanx in advance,
Roger
__________________
"Count your age by friends, not years. Count your life by smiles, not tears" - John Lennon
13 KTM 500 EXC-06 Kawi KDX 200
AMA/NETRA/ECEA/CCC/PTTR
RailwayRog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 11:49 AM   #3201
cyberdos
True Story Bro
 
cyberdos's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Location: Queen Creek, AZ
Oddometer: 23,958
Long video

For those with ADD here's the breakdown.

Ricardo toward the beginning of the vid.

Stan moving along in a rhythm beginning @ 2:20.

Aaron starts @ 4:30 get's brave and goes sideways around 6:11

& proceeds to crash @ 7:08.



__________________
...
Presione dos para español.
cyberdos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 11:51 AM   #3202
cyberdos
True Story Bro
 
cyberdos's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Location: Queen Creek, AZ
Oddometer: 23,958
Quote:
Originally Posted by RailwayRog View Post
I see this is an active thread, I kept coming up with blank pages trying to search in "equipment".
I'm coming to Black Canyon City for a week of riding in March.
I'm from the north east so I'm not familiar with the terrain other than what I see in photos.
What do folks run for rear tires off road in Arizona?
I presently have on the bike a IRC Motocross M5B soft terrain tire or I could mount my new Pirelli MT43 trails tire.
What do you recommend?
Thanx in advance,
Roger
A lot of the guys that do gnarlier single track type stuff here run trials tires. I run whatever is cheapest.
__________________
...
Presione dos para español.
cyberdos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 11:56 AM   #3203
cyberdos
True Story Bro
 
cyberdos's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Location: Queen Creek, AZ
Oddometer: 23,958
Quote:
Originally Posted by fanatic291 View Post
http://s1302.photobucket.com/user/fa...1be12.mp4.html

I am not sure how to imbed videos on the forum. Here is a video of Stan and Julio climbing one of the hills at the cove.
Here's from my perspective:



__________________
...
Presione dos para español.
cyberdos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 11:57 AM   #3204
cyberdos
True Story Bro
 
cyberdos's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Location: Queen Creek, AZ
Oddometer: 23,958
Aaron's turn:

__________________
...
Presione dos para español.
cyberdos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 12:11 PM   #3205
AZ TOM
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Prescott AZ
Oddometer: 3,555
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canyonlandman View Post
That looks like a fun ride, have to join in one these days.

Anybody have some inside info into good bark busters or other for the XR650L? been picking flowers with handlebars lately.

Thanks

Paul
Cycra Probend works well on my L. Poetic
AZ TOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 01:10 PM   #3206
RailwayRog
Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: Amityville,NY
Oddometer: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdos View Post
A lot of the guys that do gnarlier single track type stuff here run trials tires. I run whatever is cheapest.
I like cheap tires too, I wound up buying the IRC on Craigslist, it was new but sitting in someones garage for a few years and now showing small cracks in the side wall after 200 miles of use.
This is a big trip and I can not cheap out so I'll go with a fresh trails tire.
Thanx again for your response.
Roger
__________________
"Count your age by friends, not years. Count your life by smiles, not tears" - John Lennon
13 KTM 500 EXC-06 Kawi KDX 200
AMA/NETRA/ECEA/CCC/PTTR
RailwayRog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 01:48 PM   #3207
cyberdos
True Story Bro
 
cyberdos's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Location: Queen Creek, AZ
Oddometer: 23,958
Quote:
Originally Posted by RailwayRog View Post
I like cheap tires too, I wound up buying the IRC on Craigslist, it was new but sitting in someones garage for a few years and now showing small cracks in the side wall after 200 miles of use.
This is a big trip and I can not cheap out so I'll go with a fresh trails tire.
Thanx again for your response.
Roger


lots of rocks here. Most of the guys that have switched over to the trials tires have not looked back. Sorry that I can't recommend a specific type since I've never used one.
__________________
...
Presione dos para español.
cyberdos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 02:06 PM   #3208
Slowred
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Aug 2010
Location: Arizona
Oddometer: 625
Quote:
Originally Posted by RailwayRog View Post
I see this is an active thread, I kept coming up with blank pages trying to search in "equipment".
I'm coming to Black Canyon City for a week of riding in March.
I'm from the north east so I'm not familiar with the terrain other than what I see in photos.
What do folks run for rear tires off road in Arizona?
I presently have on the bike a IRC Motocross M5B soft terrain tire or I could mount my new Pirelli MT43 trails tire.
What do you recommend?
Thanx in advance,
Roger
Most folks here use the MT43 when running trials tires. Its pretty much all I run on the rear of my bikes. They are bias ply and a little tougher than the other trials tires. They work great in the nasty ST out here. 6-7 lbs and you are good to go.
Slowred is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 02:19 PM   #3209
cyberdos
True Story Bro
 
cyberdos's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Location: Queen Creek, AZ
Oddometer: 23,958
The Magenta track is what I wanted to ride yesterday. The green is what we rode. Maybe we need to get out there again.



We were a long way from Butcher Jones where we bailed. Glad we did. Might not have made it out.
__________________
...
Presione dos para español.
cyberdos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 02:32 PM   #3210
rickcool72
mOtOcIcLiStA
 
rickcool72's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2010
Location: Mesa, AZ
Oddometer: 157
All I have to say is that I'm glad to be alive and blessed with great fellow riders!
rickcool72 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 07:55 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014