ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-26-2014, 07:24 PM   #1651
oobus
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 220
Very nice! Looks like a lot of hours invested, love to see this in person. Did it take a lot of work to graft on the Willys front?

Sooo, who lapped me today out on Lowry after Collier Springs road before Red Bluff? Another KTM rider with more skills than I!

Great day for a ride, put 100 miles on the new-to-me bike. Need to get some bar risers and get the suspension back to normal. I think it was lowered for a 5 foot person. Bike has a ton of pull, and is very comfortable at speed - think I'm in love.

Yes Chuck, I'll need adult supervision or this thing is going to get me a few tickets....
oobus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 06:58 AM   #1652
redog1
KLR650-2009

Oddometer: 1,791
Good morning all...

Quote:
Originally Posted by oobus View Post
Very nice! Looks like a lot of hours invested, love to see this in person. Did it take a lot of work to graft on the Willys front?

Sooo, who lapped me today out on Lowry after Collier Springs road before Red Bluff? Another KTM rider with more skills than I!

Great day for a ride, put 100 miles on the new-to-me bike. Need to get some bar risers and get the suspension back to normal. I think it was lowered for a 5 foot person. Bike has a ton of pull, and is very comfortable at speed - think I'm in love.

Yes Chuck, I'll need adult supervision or this thing is going to get me a few tickets....
Hey Matt, That front end is not grafted on, it's actually a 1961 willys wagon that somebody had cut the top and windshield off of and shortenedd the wheelbase equal to a cj-5. I'll tell you about it next time I see you. Long 4 year project.

It was a beautiful day yesterday. Watch that speed, I got stopped on mine a little over a week ago for speeding, got off with a warning.
Old 01-27-2014, 07:45 PM   #1653
Foot dragger
singletracker

Oddometer: 12,778
3 of us had a nice outing up by Ragdump,35 mile all singletrack ride with perfect weather,vented jersey and pants in January. The new 300 is working out great,its the best 2 stroke Ive had by a ways.

I did do one nice slow motion 360 on ice,never saw it,this ice had grass sticking out of it and I just slid in a circle and somehow didnt tip over,I was going slow.

Rain may happen soon !
Old 01-27-2014, 09:02 PM   #1654
8lives
Dharma Bum

Oddometer: 1,812
Hey there is someone in Chico selling a plated xr250,anyone on here,or anyone know of it?
8lives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 08:46 PM   #1655
KyoXR
Clouds, Snow, Rain

Oddometer: 676
It flew closer to me then what appears, my camera is on a tall perch.

KyoXR screwed with this post 02-01-2014 at 09:17 PM
KyoXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 10:54 PM   #1656
Hop-Sing
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 426
kiss my fender

Had a couple friends come over and ride the backyard today.

A fender kiss was in order.

King of the Moto's Sunday morning 8 am
http://ultra4racing.com/live/
Check it out, my friend Cody Webb won last year and qualified 1st today for the race in the morning.
Hop-Sing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 06:18 AM   #1657
Foot dragger
singletracker

Quote:

Havent heard back,the DR is all cleaned up,paperwork is current. I can bring it up that way over the weekend if that works.

Thanks.
Old 02-04-2014, 07:10 AM   #1658
oobus
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foot dragger View Post
Havent heard back,the DR is all cleaned up,paperwork is current. I can bring it up that way over the weekend if that works.

Thanks.
All right, the damn thing is too Orange anyway, doesn't match any of my riding gear - I feel like the Great Pumpkin riding it around.
Old 02-04-2014, 01:34 PM   #1659
Foot dragger
singletracker

Quote:
All right, the damn thing is too Orange anyway, doesn't match any of my riding gear - I feel like the Great Pumpkin riding it around.
I can throw in some extra oil filters and a winch to get the thing out of gulleys,you'll love the DR!
Old 02-04-2014, 03:31 PM   #1660
Hookalatch
Born Under Bad Sign

Oddometer: 326
Quote:
It looks like some swapping going on?

Matt I'm surprised you are so put off by orange bikes. I hope you are still willing to ride with one. My other bike is orange and should be able to keep up with a DR. http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...ight=butterfly. Look at the last page for the finished project.

Chuck
Hookalatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 03:35 PM   #1661
Hookalatch
Born Under Bad Sign

Oddometer: 326
[QUOTE=Hop-Sing;23369792]Had a couple friends come over and ride the backyard today.

A fender kiss was in order.

That impresses me Hop. I think I could more easily kiss my own butt than the fender on my bike. Even if I got my bike in that position it looks like it would only end in disaster for me.

Chuck
Hookalatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 06:03 PM   #1662
oobus
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookalatch View Post
It looks like some swapping going on?

Matt I'm surprised you are so put off by orange bikes. I hope you are still willing to ride with one. My other bike is orange and should be able to keep up with a DR. http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...ight=butterfly. Look at the last page for the finished project.

Chuck
It's a trap! I'll lure him over, feed him beer and get him to buy my Drz when he see's how beautiful it is. Based on all the bikes he goes thru it appears he has a problem saying no... Think I'll be keeping the 690 for many, many years. Picking up the forks from Bob's bud at CCS this week, get them back on the bike just in time for the rain

No problem with the color Chuck, I think that when we went for our ride I already had the KTM helmet - before getting the bike!
Even though this bike has almost twice the horsepower of the Drz you will still need to wait for my slow ass. Nice job on the bike Chuck, looks like we have quite a few good fabricators/restoration guys on the local forum.
Old 02-05-2014, 12:07 PM   #1663
KyoXR
Clouds, Snow, Rain

Oddometer: 676
The only real sketchy spot that I came across, it had water flowing off the hill running across the road and freezing:

KyoXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 01:43 PM   #1664
Foot dragger
singletracker

[QUOTE=oobus;23392631]It's a trap! I'll lure him over, feed him beer and get him to buy my Drz when he see's how beautiful it is. Based on all the bikes he goes thru it appears he has a problem saying no... Think I'll be keeping the 690 for many, many years. Picking up the forks from Bob's bud at CCS this week, get them back on the bike just in time for the rain

No problem with the color Chuck, I think that when we went for our ride I already had the KTM helmet - before getting the bike!
Even though this bike has almost twice the horsepower of the Drz you will still need to wait for my slow ass. Nice job on the bike Chuck, looks like we have quite a few good fabricators/restoration guys on the local forum.[/QUOTE

"Goes through Bikes" Well hell,at most Ive had 5 different KTM's in the last 3 years,and only have 2 now. And a couple Suzukis,then the Montesa and the Greeves. Not really going through bikes,just experimenting.
Old 02-05-2014, 08:58 PM   #1665
Hop-Sing
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 426
Bikes

Greeves, Montesa. you teaser, what year. Is the Greeves a trials bike.
Hop-Sing is offline   Reply With Quote