Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-29-2014, 05:04 PM   #16
AZcacti
Dope on a Rope

Oddometer: 1,320
I was happy to see an LS2 display at the International Motorcycle Show in Phoenix last week. I have to replace my current lid and the MX453 looks like the ticket. I was impressed with plushness and finish for a reasonable price point.
AZcacti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 06:40 PM   #17
sjc56
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,296
I'm pretty happy with my 386 that I bought last summer to replace my Nolan N103. My only real complaints are it is loud behind my bikes with a windshield but not bad on the naked one's, the shield fogs up really easily as soon as it gets cool and the fact you can't just crack the shield, which really bugs me, doesn't help. All and all a lot of Helmet for the money.
I haven't been able to find the pin insert to help with the fogging so I bought a In Vision insert instead.
Old 01-30-2014, 07:11 AM   #18
gen
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 784
Is there a sizing chart for the MX456 anywhere? I looked on the website and couldn't find one. Is there really a 5XL in the Matte Black? I'd love to see a Solid White, personally.
DoD#1458 | GaijinRiders | 2010 KTM 690 Enduro
gen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 08:29 AM   #19
hardwaregrrl
ignore list

Oddometer: 7,245
I love my MX456 helmet and my air pump cheek pads street helmet...dunno the model. The MX helmet is pretty light, I like my Arai better, but this one was a fraction of the cost and stands up against it pretty stinkin' well!! Works great with my goggles....taking it off is a bit different as it catches my earlobes because of the share of the base. So I take it off slower with greater care and it's all good. It's a great warm weather helmet...good venting.

photo null_zps4734e7cc.jpg
hardwaregrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 07:22 PM   #20
2 SPOT
wannabe

Oddometer: 3,053
is there going to be a tinted shield option for the mx456,,, i see the speed and strength version has a tinted shield.
2 SPOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 06:02 AM   #21
Phil_Ammendolia OP
No Guz No Glory

Oddometer: 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 SPOT View Post
is there going to be a tinted shield option for the mx456,,, i see the speed and strength version has a tinted shield.
Hi 2 SPOT,

We offer a variety of shields for the MX453. You can see them on our website - http://ls2helmets.us/_live/products/accessories.

Dark smoke part number is 02-082.

Hope that helps.
Phil_Ammendolia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 07:49 AM   #22
2 SPOT
wannabe

Oddometer: 3,053
It does.. i didnt see the parts when i looked.. thanks.
2 SPOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 08:36 AM   #23
clint64
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 101
I am interested in the MX453 helmet as well. I wear an Arai RXQ for my int oval head. How would you describe the fit of the MX453? Will it work for a int oval head shape. Can't seem to find a local dealer with on to try on before ordering. Any help provided would be appreciated.
clint64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 07:28 PM   #24
gen
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 784
Quote:
Originally Posted by gen View Post
Is there a sizing chart for the MX456 anywhere? I looked on the website and couldn't find one. Is there really a 5XL in the Matte Black?
Anyone? MX456 sizing chart?
DoD#1458 | GaijinRiders | 2010 KTM 690 Enduro
gen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 06:05 AM   #25
Phil_Ammendolia OP
No Guz No Glory

Quote:
Originally Posted by gen View Post
Anyone? MX456 sizing chart?
Hi Gen,

We did start to develop a 5XL in the MX456, but after 12 consumer shows and 8 months, we never received a single inquiry for the larger sizes, so we decided to bring it in using the more standard XS - XXL. In the time since it was introduced almost a year ago, yours is the first request. Unfortunately, with interest as limited, it just isn't viable to tool up. I'm sorry about that. I know it's frustrating when you can't find a size you need.

The sizing chart is here:

http://ls2helmets.us/_live/important...ications#sizes

I can see we need to relocate it. It is too hard to find. Sorry about the inconvenience.

Thanks,
Phil

Phil_Ammendolia screwed with this post 02-05-2014 at 06:26 AM
Old 02-05-2014, 06:27 AM   #26
Phil_Ammendolia OP
No Guz No Glory

Quote:
Originally Posted by clint64 View Post
I am interested in the MX453 helmet as well. I wear an Arai RXQ for my int oval head. How would you describe the fit of the MX453? Will it work for a int oval head shape. Can't seem to find a local dealer with on to try on before ordering. Any help provided would be appreciated.
Hi Clint,

I just had another person ask a similar question via message and this was basically my reply.

Fit is so subjective, it's very challenging question to answer. What seems similar to me might be completely different to you. I've never worn an RXQ, but I can tell you I was at a consumer show in Cleveland over the weekend and was able to try the Arai XD4 back-to-back with the MX453. In my opinion, the XD4 was a bit more comfortable, but I was happy to see how close we came. Front to back distance was about the same. Overall comfort was very close, but I would give Arai the nod. The MX453 is what we consider a long oval shape, but I thought it was very similar to the XD4.

I've worked at 4 of the International Motorcycle Shows and the consumer response to the fit of the MX453 has been overwhelmingly positive. The thing fits GREAT.

Hope that helps some. I'd appreciate hearing your feedback if you get the chance to try both.
Old 02-05-2014, 07:46 AM   #27
clint64
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil_Ammendolia View Post
Hi Clint,

I just had another person ask a similar question via message and this was basically my reply.

Fit is so subjective, it's very challenging question to answer. What seems similar to me might be completely different to you. I've never worn an RXQ, but I can tell you I was at a consumer show in Cleveland over the weekend and was able to try the Arai XD4 back-to-back with the MX453. In my opinion, the XD4 was a bit more comfortable, but I was happy to see how close we came. Front to back distance was about the same. Overall comfort was very close, but I would give Arai the nod. The MX453 is what we consider a long oval shape, but I thought it was very similar to the XD4.

I've worked at 4 of the International Motorcycle Shows and the consumer response to the fit of the MX453 has been overwhelmingly positive. The thing fits GREAT.

Hope that helps some. I'd appreciate hearing your feedback if you get the chance to try both.
Thanks so much for the response. Wish now that I had looked at this helmet while attending the International Motorcycle Show. I will try to find a place to try own the helmets and post my feedback.
clint64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 09:34 PM   #28
Phil_Ammendolia OP
No Guz No Glory

2013 LS2 MX442 Vault and Launch Graphic on Closeout!

The 2013 MX442 has a fiberglass shell, wide eye port, removable, washable technical fabric liner that resists odor and bacteria, is DOT/ECE certified and is now on CLEARANCE at an LS2 dealer near you.

NOTE: Error in title. Should read "Vault and Jump graphic."

Keep your eye on your favorite dealer. The price recently dropped and it may take a few days for all dealers to respond. Original retail was $129.95. Dealers will be setting their own closeout prices on this model.

NOTE ON SIZING - The MX442 runs a little large. Most people will want one size smaller than they normally wear. In all other LS2 and also Bell, Shoei, and Arai helmets my normal size is medium, but I wear a small MX442.
Jump graphic on the scale. Size medium = 2.46 pounds.

Vault graphics in 4 colors:

Phil_Ammendolia screwed with this post 02-12-2014 at 06:20 AM Reason: Added video.
Old 02-06-2014, 10:29 PM   #29
Phil_Ammendolia OP
No Guz No Glory

New graphic MX442 Legacy graphic arriving soon.

The new LS2 MX442 Legacy graphic will be available soon. Lightweight fiberglass shell (size medium weighs only 2.46 pounds). Removable, technical fabric liner can be washed by hand and air dried to keep it fresh. The liner wicks moisture to keep you dry and cool. Large eye port accommodates most modern goggles.

Suggested Retail: $149.95.

NOTE: This black/gray graphic will be a matte finish. Blue graphic and red graphic are glossy finish.

RED GLOSS

BLUE GLOSS

Old 02-11-2014, 06:17 PM   #30
Phil_Ammendolia OP
No Guz No Glory

LS2 Helmets' Mystery Tester (Reg Kittrelle) shows just how much the LS2 FF386 Modular is a rider's helmet. Easy to use. A rider doesn't have to think about how to operate the helmet and can keep his mind in the road and on his next adventure.