User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-29-2014, 10:53 PM   #1
brianwheelies OP
Iron toocus

Oddometer: 3,135
Pending sale SR 50

I have someone that wants my SR and I just spoke to the old Aprilia mechanic from the retired Pat Clark Motorsports Aprilia dealer. He installed a lot of hop up parts and did all of the servicing for the bikes. He still has the Gameboy and cartridge with harness so I can do the derestriction on the ECU.

Every time I ride that bike I want to keep it. For such a little bike it gets around so good and has been a blast. The thing is a big bore kit and rear end gears away from being finished(for mods I wanted to do).

Now I have to see what happens. Very reluctant to sell it. I actually want to sell the SYM more.
brianwheelies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 05:31 PM   #2
brianwheelies OP
Iron toocus

She sold!

The SYM is up next. Need baby safe vehicle in the first world country.
Old 01-30-2014, 08:04 PM   #3
RedArrow
If only the moon

Oddometer: 1,636
Brian ~

I've raised two daughters and understand what your doing, but please take a moment and don't feel like you need to give up everything for where you are finding yourself today. I've learned from experience that you may come to regret getting rid of some cherished possession that will later be difficult or impossible to replace. I don't mean to be out of line here; only trying to share my experience that I learned the hard way.

On the other hand, there's always great stuff out there for the taking so I'm sure you'll find whatever fits your needs when the scootering time is right.

Happy trails...
Old 01-30-2014, 08:27 PM   #4
brianwheelies OP
Iron toocus

Yes, that bike will be missed. It was in alignment with my old hooligan antics.

My future wife is deathly afraid of motorcycles because of the frequency of motorcycle accidents and deaths here in Las Vegas. I don't blame her as it does feel like a war zone at times.

My riding career is long and well versed so a break is not a bother. The last break was from 2000 to 2005. When I came back it was refreshing like a new love yet the dance moves were ever familiar.

At any rate I want to find an 80's or 90's Japanese truck to tinker with. Simple, efficient, and reliable with a manual transmission.
Old 01-31-2014, 10:42 AM   #5
RedArrow
If only the moon

I understand, but tell your wife that riding a horse is more dangerous than riding a motorcycle, so don't go out and try to buy a horse. None of that, "Daddy, I want a pony!" either.

I had an early 80s Isuzu Trooper that I adored, when both my kids were small. I really miss that truck and the boxy design. I had to put her down because it got harder and harder to pass SMOG here in CA. The things we get rid of....

Tinkering with simple mechanical things is really fun, whether 4 wheel or two.
Old 02-03-2014, 06:41 PM   #6
RedArrow
If only the moon

So is the garage cleaned out yet? Did you sell the Sym? Have you found your JRV yet? (Japanese Replacement Vehicle)
Old 02-03-2014, 09:41 PM   #7
brianwheelies OP
Iron toocus

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedArrow View Post
So is the garage cleaned out yet? Did you sell the Sym? Have you found your JRV yet? (Japanese Replacement Vehicle)
The Aprilia is gone to a happy new owner.

Looked at a TW200 today but it seemed so slow and crude compared to the SYM.

Going to look at a Mitsubishi Mighty Max and Ford Aspire tomorrow. Why can't these tiny old pickups achieve better than 25mpg? One thing I very much dislike paying for is gold plating for some Saudi's Lamborghini.
Old 02-04-2014, 10:57 PM   #8
brianwheelies OP
Iron toocus

Put the SYM up for sale and a guy is chomping at the bit to buy it.

I have been having great luck selling these bikes lately. Hopefully the DMV does not call me a dealer!
Old 02-05-2014, 06:09 PM   #9
RedArrow
If only the moon

I was just looking at your thread from last October when you were considering buying the Sym. It was right before I joined this forum and bought my Aero. So much has happened since then to both of us, but it's really only been a short time. Funny how these things go.

I'm sure these are not your last bikes. Glad that I can be a part of your travels, regardless of how many wheels are involved.
Old 02-05-2014, 06:43 PM   #10
brianwheelies OP
Iron toocus

Quote:
I was just looking at your thread from last October when you were considering buying the Sym. It was right before I joined this forum and bought my Aero. So much has happened since then to both of us, but it's really only been a short time. Funny how these things go.

I'm sure these are not your last bikes. Glad that I can be a part of your travels, regardless of how many wheels are involved.
Both have been transforming our bikes although you have done more to yours than I have to mine.

I still want the TW, even if it is not a road tripping machine.
Old 02-05-2014, 06:53 PM   #11
RedArrow
If only the moon

Yeah, I could see that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2W0BEYGh3C8

Looks like fun. I really like the square light and how it goes everywhere but doesn't seem scary or fast like a powerful street motorcycle, more of a fun machine for exploring the desert or woods.

Keep me posted what you buy. I'll get this thread to two pages if it kills me.
Old 02-05-2014, 10:04 PM   #12
brianwheelies OP
Iron toocus

Ha ha. Come on two pages!

Sale pending. Been doing good with bike sales lately.

Hopefully the prospective buyer moves quick and then I will nab that TW.

If iI can get it for the right deal. If it does not work for my purposes I want to be able to get out of it quick.
Old 02-06-2014, 08:53 AM   #13
RedArrow
If only the moon

Hey, is this the one you are looking at? Or are you thinking about buying a new one?

http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/mcd/4...253345629.html

And how would you rate Vegas as a motorcycle market? I've compared where I live to Tucson & Phoenix looking for a Honda Trail bike, and to me the prices seemed higher there, which surprised me.
Old 02-06-2014, 10:02 AM   #14
brianwheelies OP
Iron toocus

Quote:
Hey, is this the one you are looking at? Or are you thinking about buying a new one?

http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/mcd/4...253345629.html

And how would you rate Vegas as a motorcycle market? I've compared where I live to Tucson & Phoenix looking for a Honda Trail bike, and to me the prices seemed higher there, which surprised me.
Prices are high here for bikes. People ask prices that are stupidly high with stupidity in justification. I have seen bikes listed on Craigslist for years! I kid you not.

I have found some decent deals. I only buy if it is a good deal.

Vegas folk love to crash, sticker, paint, chrome, add ridiculous modifications as well. Finding a clean stock bike is damn near impossible.

Edit: I look within a 300 mile radius for bikes. Vegas seems superfluous to KBB and NADA values. The Ride Now Corporation for new bikes is really bad ballooning prices to sometimes triple their worth with service plans, excessive interest rates, and even selling insurance on bikes which is completely bogus. They have bought out most dealerships in town.

Stupid people allow them to continue the madness.

brianwheelies screwed with this post 02-06-2014 at 10:11 AM
Old 02-06-2014, 01:44 PM   #15
RedArrow
If only the moon

Stupid people in Vegas? Who knew?

Well I'm glad I did my mini research into my next bike, because it seems like I should get my Honda CT while I'm still here in this area rather than waiting. Once I get the new clutch work done on my Aero, I'll be pretty much done with the upgrades and then I'll need a new project to occupy my time.

It's nice here today; it's raining again and I'm in the house cleaning parts a great way to spend a rainy afternoon.

I saw your SYM listing on CL while I was poking around in Vegas good luck with the sale.