Go Back   ADVrider > Fluff > Shiny things
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-27-2013, 11:28 AM   #31
rob feature
Domain Ranger

Oddometer: 4,354
I really hadn't put much faith in anything BBB, but yesterday I got a very concerned message from the Sprint home offices about my BBB contact. I'm at probably 50 interactions with Virgin 'representatives' - never the same one and all frustrating and fruitless...all before the BBB letter.

But now that BBB has gotten involved, I'm now talking to educated, English-speaking, decision-making people who are actually listening. And they're calling me. I guess I'm a little pissed that it took outside influence to make these jokers pay attention to this, but at least it appears to be one step closer to being resolved.

Moral of the story I guess is that BBB actually works sometimes. I'm as shocked as you are

rob feature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 11:56 AM   #32
Sniper X
De Oppresso Liber

Oddometer: 33,309
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob feature View Post
You pulled it off

I'll probably wind up ditching them down the road, but I've invested in a phone and case...dunno if I can walk it around to another carrier. But I'm a little closer to looking into it.

And yeah, the BBB is a crock for the most part, but it seems like the only option I have left without throwing lawyer money at it - and I'm not going down that road.
try Cricket, they SAY they can use anyone's phones......
Old 06-29-2013, 12:49 AM   #33
neanderthal
globeriding wannabe

Oddometer: 1,870
I eventually left Virgin Mobile in February this year amongst other things because of their atrocious customer NO service.

I also was getting billed for receiving calls and the CSR essentially said "that's what you signed up for, tough luck" and I basically bailed on them.

I was beginning to have problems with my phone (a basic smart phone the Optimus V but it had tethering and I had unlimited data.) so the chance to snag a Nexus 4 meant switching carriers too.
Old 10-09-2013, 08:42 AM   #34
rob feature
Domain Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by neanderthal View Post
I eventually left Virgin Mobile in February this year amongst other things because of their atrocious customer NO service.

I also was getting billed for receiving calls and the CSR essentially said "that's what you signed up for, tough luck" and I basically bailed on them.

I was beginning to have problems with my phone (a basic smart phone the Optimus V but it had tethering and I had unlimited data.) so the chance to snag a Nexus 4 meant switching carriers too.
I'm glad to hear of someone else with the same problem. They're well aware of this shit, but refuse to fix it and constantly ask me to provide screenshots of the detailed call list. After I provided the very first one, they locked me out of that part of the website . They've already stolen half my minutes this month. Buncha fucksticks. Shopping for new phones & plans now - again

Their moms - you know.

rob feature screwed with this post 10-14-2013 at 09:02 PM
Old 10-09-2013, 09:20 AM   #35
papalobster
With Gusto!

Oddometer: 13,035
I 've had good luck with their CSR's. But then, I really never had any problems with their service either. I used maybe 1/2 of my allotted 300 minutes at any given month. I recently switched carriers to Straight Talk wireless ($45 a month unlimited talk/text/data) on an Android phone that uses Verizon towers. Virgin/Sprint worked fine in the metropolitan areas, but was lacking in the boonies.

I gave my Virgin phone to my oldest and gave it a new phone number. the Virgin Mobile CSR was helpful and we got it done in less than 5 minutes.

Straight Talk uses either Sprint or Verizon depending on the phone you get.
papalobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 10:17 AM   #36
seuadr
Wee-stromer

Oddometer: 773
Quote:
Originally Posted by papalobster View Post
I 've had good luck with their CSR's. But then, I really never had any problems with their service either. I used maybe 1/2 of my allotted 300 minutes at any given month. I recently switched carriers to Straight Talk wireless ($45 a month unlimited talk/text/data) on an Android phone that uses Verizon towers. Virgin/Sprint worked fine in the metropolitan areas, but was lacking in the boonies.

I gave my Virgin phone to my oldest and gave it a new phone number. the Virgin Mobile CSR was helpful and we got it done in less than 5 minutes.

Straight Talk uses either Sprint or Verizon depending on the phone you get.
i've had really good luck too. i use, typically, less than 100 mins a month though.
seuadr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 11:30 AM   #37
MillCreek
ADV Risk Manager

Oddometer: 1,844
Color me puzzled. I have been with VM for four years now with never a lick of trouble. I have a HTC One V, and my $ 35/month plan is automatically billed to my credit card. The only time I ever talked to a CSR was to sign up with them and transfer my existing cell number over.
2012 Suzuki DL650A as the current bike
Whole bunch of bikes in the past
MillCreek is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 05:29 PM   #38
neanderthal
globeriding wannabe

Oddometer: 1,870
Not everybody's experience is universal.

I was OK with them for a few months. But then they blocked me from making a call to an 800 number. I number i had called numerous times. I don't have a debit card and use my credit card almost exclusively for all my purchases. This means I call AmEx all the time. 3- 4 times a month. Because I have to keep paying them.

Anyway, I speak to the CSR (in India) and after a very exasperating conversation during which she would. NOT. deviate. from the script, I ask her why I can't suddenly call a number I have called numerous times.

You want to know what she said?

Please give me that number so I can block it.
Old 10-09-2013, 05:35 PM   #39
rob feature
Domain Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by neanderthal View Post
Not everybody's experience is universal.

I was OK with them for a few months. But then they blocked me from making a call to an 800 number. I number i had called numerous times. I don't have a debit card and use my credit card almost exclusively for all my purchases. This means I call AmEx all the time. 3- 4 times a month. Because I have to keep paying them.

Anyway, I speak to the CSR (in India) and after a very exasperating conversation during which she would. NOT. deviate. from the script, I ask her why I can't suddenly call a number I have called numerous times.

You want to know what she said?

Please give me that number so I can block it.
Interesting. They've told me they have no way to block numbers.

I saved a text conversation with one of their reps on my laptop. Ima try to remember to post it here shortly once I get a charge on it. It really tells the story of these clowns.

edit: never mind. I seem to have done away with it - which sucks. It was entertaining.

rob feature screwed with this post 10-09-2013 at 05:54 PM
Old 02-04-2014, 05:09 PM   #40
SalsaBoy
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 565
Refer a friend

I hate dredging up old threads but does anyone currently have Virgin Mobile service? They have a refer a friend program that can get us both a $25 account credit.

I'm looking to get this thing activated so speak now!

"If your wiener is happy, then you're happy"-Beavis

where I get my parts: www.wickedthunder.com
SalsaBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 01:26 AM   #41
hpsVFR
Hoosier Daddy

Oddometer: 1,337
Quote:
Originally Posted by SalsaBoy View Post
I hate dredging up old threads but does anyone currently have Virgin Mobile service? They have a refer a friend program that can get us both a $25 account credit.

I'm looking to get this thing activated so speak now!
Talk to me.
Old 02-05-2014, 07:54 AM   #42
GSWayne
Old Guy nOOb

Oddometer: 2,961
I am not a major phone user, but I have had a Virgin Mobile phone for several years and I am happy with it. It does not have as good coverage as Verizon, but sometimes I do get coverage where they don't. I mainly like it because for $35/month I get unlimited data and more minutes than I ever use.

Don't bring a motorcycle to a car fight
GSWayne is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: