User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-05-2014, 09:31 AM   #1
ride4fun562 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 189
Typical a-hole trying to get out of ticket I deserve

(corrected to what I should have said in the first place)

Yea yea I can hear you already, take responsibility and all that good stuff. Okay so I got caught doing a very slow controlled wheelie. The cop gave me a break(although he never said he was giving me a break perhaps he just didn't know the correct course of action) he gave me a 22350 cvc which is a speeding ticket. On the ticket there is no mention of a wheelie and the speeds cited are 15mph in a 0mph zone , which is actually a 25mph sidestreet. He wrote the limit as 0 because he would argue no speed is safe without both wheels on the ground. So my questions are, if I try to fight it, can he get pissed and upgrade me to reckless driving which is the correct punishment for wheelies, and is there any chance of winning since he didn't actually list the wheelie on the ticket. Basically could I just go to the arraignment and lie to the judge that the officer for some reason felt I was going too slow and hopefully get it thrown out? I am in California the Nazi capitol of the world btw.

ride4fun562 screwed with this post 02-05-2014 at 01:15 PM
ride4fun562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 09:38 AM   #2
IRideASlowBike
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,598
IRideASlowBike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 09:41 AM   #3
tkent02
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,126
If he doesn't show up in court, it goes away. Delay, delay, delay and when you finally do go he won't be there. Or if he does show up he won't remember you were the wheelie guy.

15 in a 25 zone? The judge will throw it out anyway.
tkent02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 09:42 AM   #4
GoGoGavin41
Isn't this that guy?

Oddometer: 747
I dono man, they really could've thrown the book at you for that. Reckless driving, impounded bike, big fines, points, I think they can even put in you jail for a few days on a reckless driving charge in CA. Sounds like you made it out with the bare minimum, might be better to just leave it as it stands.
GoGoGavin41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 09:42 AM   #5
wsmc831
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 582
Ok, so some people should be allowed to go over the speed limit and do wheelies because they have control, right?

How do you propose the state implements such testing? How should they pay for it?
wsmc831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 09:44 AM   #6
ride4fun562 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsmc831 View Post
Ok, so some people should be allowed to go over the speed limit and do wheelies because they have control, right?

How do you propose the state implements such testing? How should they pay for it?
Never said you should be allowed to go over the speed limit, up to the limit sure but not over. I suppose they could pay for it with all the money they've taken from me over the years.
Old 02-05-2014, 09:50 AM   #7
ride4fun562 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRideASlowBike View Post
I apologize, that even hurt me to read back to myself.
Old 02-05-2014, 09:59 AM   #8
Yossarian™
Deputy Cultural Attaché

Oddometer: 9,393
It's not that you have done $1000 damage to the state; they want to do $1000 damage to you so that you feel the pain and don't repeat your senseless act.
Old 02-05-2014, 10:02 AM   #9
WYO George
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 396
Two options I see as simple and effective:

#1. Accept responsibility for your actions and don't try to blame "johnny law" for your mistakes and the consequences of your actions. The lessons learned the hardest last the longest

#2. Go ahead and kill yourself since the thought of taking responsibility for your actions is making you "borderline suicidal".

I would recommend #1 as the best choice, but that's up to you.

After taking responsibility for your actions; if you feel the law itself is unjust then stop blaming the cops (they don't actually make the laws you know) and start writing letters to the legislators who actually do make the laws. Maybe you can convince a legislator that the law is unjust and get it changed so in the future you can ride like you want without having to worry about Johnny Law
Old 02-05-2014, 10:09 AM   #10
SgtDuster
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,938
Quote:
Originally Posted by ride4fun562 View Post
I am a believer that someone who knows how to do wheelies correctly isn't a problem and shouldn't be ticketed.
There're a lot of videos of guys who thought they knew how to do wheelies correctly on Youtube...just sayin'
Old 02-05-2014, 10:09 AM   #11
CRP6001
Photographer

Oddometer: 150
Contest the Charge

The fine is just the beginning.
Your insurance will go up and
your credit rating will go down.
Last ticket I received I hired a
lawyer. He appeared in court,
got me a deal where the charge
would be dropped if I went six
mouths without another ticket.
Paid a small fine and a modest
fee for the lawyer. Well worth it.
CRP6001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 10:11 AM   #12
Veteran Noob
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 286
Quote:
Originally Posted by ride4fun562 View Post
I'm a good guy, I helped the police catch some guys who shoplifted and then fought the owner at a liqour store I was at the other day,
Why were you fighting the owner?
Old 02-05-2014, 10:14 AM   #13
ride4fun562 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstanfield View Post
Two options I see as simple and effective:

#1. Accept responsibility for your actions and don't try to blame "johnny law" for your mistakes and the consequences of your actions. The lessons learned the hardest last the longest

#2. Go ahead and kill yourself since the thought of taking responsibility for your actions is making you "borderline suicidal".

I would recommend #1 as the best choice, but that's up to you.

After taking responsibility for your actions; if you feel the law itself is unjust then stop blaming the cops (they don't actually make the laws you know) and start writing letters to the legislators who actually do make the laws. Maybe you can convince a legislator that the law is unjust and get it changed so in the future you can ride like you want without having to worry about Johnny Law

The borderline suicidal comment was immature of me, but at the same time I have been fucked by the law for stupid shit, I would gladly take responsibility had I injured or disturbed anyone but let me tell you what my current tickets are for then tell me again how I need to take responsibilty for my actions.

#1 ($400) 45 in a 35 on main street by my house, had always been under the impression that the main streets around here are all 45mph speed limits

#2 ($200)Wearing only the bottom portion of a seatbelt as a passenger, (it was a old t-bird with the electric seatbelts where the top portion tries to cut your head off if you actully wear it.

#3 ($500) Riding a perfectly controlled wheelie down the street at 15 mph when people fly down that street at 45 all the time.

If you think any of that warrents making me feel like a POS that needs to reflect upon myself and my actions you are a NAZI.
Old 02-05-2014, 10:16 AM   #14
ride4fun562 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veteran Noob View Post
Why were you fighting the owner?

troll me a little bit harder
Old 02-05-2014, 10:19 AM   #15
Veteran Noob