But that's what you said.
ride4fun562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 10:26 AM   #17
ForknRoad
Adventurer

Oddometer: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by ride4fun562 View Post
If you think any of that warrents making me feel like a POS that needs to reflect upon myself and my actions you are a NAZI.
I guess that makes me a Nazi, then. Sheesh. Who would have thought that common sense would have such a price?

Honestly man, I've no idea what you were hoping to get when you started this discussion - vindication perhaps?
ForknRoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 10:35 AM   #18
ride4fun562 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 190
Alrighty then, I lose, mods nuke this thread
Old 02-05-2014, 10:36 AM   #19
WYO George
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 397
Quote:
The borderline suicidal comment was immature of me, but at the same time I have been fucked by the law for stupid shit, I would gladly take responsibility had I injured or disturbed anyone but let me tell you what my current tickets are for then tell me again how I need to take responsibilty for my actions.

#1 ($400) 45 in a 35 on main street by my house, had always been under the impression that the main streets around here are all 45mph speed limits

#2 ($200)Wearing only the bottom portion of a seatbelt as a passenger, (it was a old t-bird with the electric seatbelts where the top portion tries to cut your head off if you actully wear it.

#3 ($500) Riding a perfectly controlled wheelie down the street at 15 mph when people fly down that street at 45 all the time.

If you think any of that warrents making me feel like a POS that needs to reflect upon myself and my actions you are a NAZI.
I was wondering how long till the name calling began. I've had many tickets over the years and I deserved every one of them plus hundreds that I never received. My comment about option #2 was made in jest, but obviously struck a chord so I apologize if I hurt your feelings. I never said you should feel like a POS so please don't put words in my mouth; I only said that you should take responsibility for your actions. I personally feel better for standing up and being responsible than I would trying to blame someone else for the problems I created.

We're all different though, only you can decide what your standards are.
Old 02-05-2014, 10:43 AM   #20
foxtrapper
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 645
Quote:
I would gladly take responsibility had I injured or disturbed anyone
You disturbed the cop.

Quote:
but let me tell you what my current tickets are for then tell me again how I need to take responsibilty for my actions.
So, because you've been busted already for speeding and not properly wearing a seat belt, you shouldn't have to take responsibility for riding a wheelie?
foxtrapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 10:48 AM   #21
ride4fun562 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstanfield View Post
I was wondering how long till the name calling began. I've had many tickets over the years and I deserved every one of them plus hundreds that I never received. My comment about option #2 was made in jest, but obviously struck a chord so I apologize if I hurt your feelings. I never said you should feel like a POS so please don't put words in my mouth; I only said that you should take responsibility for your actions. I personally feel better for standing up and being responsible than I would trying to blame someone else for the problems I created.

We're all different though, only you can decide what your standards are.

I just can't believe you honestly think that people should be fined for things like I listed above. Maybe it's my immaturity but damn.
Old 02-05-2014, 10:50 AM   #22
tkent02
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,133
None of you jackoffs have ever pulled a wheelie? Bullshit.
tkent02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 10:52 AM   #23
ride4fun562 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkent02 View Post

hahaha I knew I should have posted this on supermoto junkie not here, at least some of them arn't FF's and can actually get the front tire off the ground, and therefore might be more sympathetic.
Old 02-05-2014, 10:55 AM   #24
WYO George
Gnarly Adventurer

Maybe I'm just old and grumpy, but I can't believe that you've been busted pretty hard twice recently and yet haven't learned from it yet. The fines do seem outrageously high where you are (and around here you'd see a lot more warnings than citations), but all the more reason to learn from them in my mind. I'm not putting your down as a person because I had the same mindset when I was a teenager, but I grew out of that and started to realize who was actually to blame for all those times I got in trouble
Old 02-05-2014, 10:57 AM   #25
WYO George
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Absolutely I have, but if I got caught I took responsibility for it. After all, it was a choice I made! My comments are not about the actions, but about taking responsibility for those actions.

I've also fucked without condoms, but when she got knocked up I didn't blame the doctors for finding out she was pregnant!
Old 02-05-2014, 10:58 AM   #26
ride4fun562 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstanfield View Post
Maybe I'm just old and grumpy, but I can't believe that you've been busted pretty hard twice recently and yet haven't learned from it yet. The fines do seem outrageously high where you are (and around here you'd see a lot more warnings than citations), but all the more reason to learn from them in my mind. I'm not putting your down as a person because I had the same mindset when I was a teenager, but I grew out of that and started to realize who was actually to blame for all those times I got in trouble

You know I really do agree with you but like you say the amount of the fines just don't match up to the crime so I argue against the whole situation, since arguing against the amount is basically trying to argue against california voters and is therefore useless.
Old 02-05-2014, 10:59 AM   #27
k-moe
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,219
Quote:
I have, with the knowledge that I'd have to deal with the consequneces if caught. That's how life works. OP needs to man-up and deal with it (or become the CEO of a major corporation, most of whom are apparently immune from needing to take responsibility ).
k-moe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 11:00 AM   #28
ride4fun562 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

This is now a petition the state of california for lower fines thread.
Old 02-05-2014, 11:01 AM   #29
k-moe
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,219
Quote:
You know I really do agree with you but like you say the amount of the fines just don't match up to the crime so I argue against the whole situation, since arguing against the amount is basically trying to argue against california voters and is therefore useless.
If the amount of the fine is the issue then making that argument is not useless. You'll be in for a long-hard fight, but people have been sucessful at getting the state of CA to make legal changes over far more serious issues.
k-moe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 11:02 AM   #30
ride4fun562 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by k-moe View Post
If the amount of the fine is the issue then making that argument is not useless. You'll be in for a long-hard fight, but people have been sucessful at getting the state of CA to make legal changes over far more serious issues.
I'd spend more money fighting the amount then I would save in the end.