ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > The perfect line and other riding myths
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-05-2014, 10:20 AM   #16
ride4fun562 OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Sep 2012
Location: CA
Oddometer: 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veteran Noob View Post
But that's what you said.
ride4fun562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 10:26 AM   #17
ForknRoad
Adventurer
 
Joined: Dec 2013
Oddometer: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by ride4fun562 View Post
If you think any of that warrents making me feel like a POS that needs to reflect upon myself and my actions you are a NAZI.
I guess that makes me a Nazi, then. Sheesh. Who would have thought that common sense would have such a price?

Honestly man, I've no idea what you were hoping to get when you started this discussion - vindication perhaps?
ForknRoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 10:35 AM   #18
ride4fun562 OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Sep 2012
Location: CA
Oddometer: 190
Alrighty then, I lose, mods nuke this thread
ride4fun562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 10:36 AM   #19
WYO George
Gnarly Adventurer
 
WYO George's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Location: Rolling Hills,WY
Oddometer: 397
Quote:
Originally Posted by ride4fun562 View Post
The borderline suicidal comment was immature of me, but at the same time I have been fucked by the law for stupid shit, I would gladly take responsibility had I injured or disturbed anyone but let me tell you what my current tickets are for then tell me again how I need to take responsibilty for my actions.

#1 ($400) 45 in a 35 on main street by my house, had always been under the impression that the main streets around here are all 45mph speed limits

#2 ($200)Wearing only the bottom portion of a seatbelt as a passenger, (it was a old t-bird with the electric seatbelts where the top portion tries to cut your head off if you actully wear it.

#3 ($500) Riding a perfectly controlled wheelie down the street at 15 mph when people fly down that street at 45 all the time.


If you think any of that warrents making me feel like a POS that needs to reflect upon myself and my actions you are a NAZI.
I was wondering how long till the name calling began. I've had many tickets over the years and I deserved every one of them plus hundreds that I never received. My comment about option #2 was made in jest, but obviously struck a chord so I apologize if I hurt your feelings. I never said you should feel like a POS so please don't put words in my mouth; I only said that you should take responsibility for your actions. I personally feel better for standing up and being responsible than I would trying to blame someone else for the problems I created.

We're all different though, only you can decide what your standards are.
__________________
My lame, but photo intense day trips around Wyoming can be found here: http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=960272
WYO George is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 10:43 AM   #20
foxtrapper
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Sep 2011
Oddometer: 645
Quote:
Originally Posted by ride4fun562 View Post
I would gladly take responsibility had I injured or disturbed anyone
You disturbed the cop.

Quote:
but let me tell you what my current tickets are for then tell me again how I need to take responsibilty for my actions.
So, because you've been busted already for speeding and not properly wearing a seat belt, you shouldn't have to take responsibility for riding a wheelie?
foxtrapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 10:48 AM   #21
ride4fun562 OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Sep 2012
Location: CA
Oddometer: 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by gstanfield View Post
I was wondering how long till the name calling began. I've had many tickets over the years and I deserved every one of them plus hundreds that I never received. My comment about option #2 was made in jest, but obviously struck a chord so I apologize if I hurt your feelings. I never said you should feel like a POS so please don't put words in my mouth; I only said that you should take responsibility for your actions. I personally feel better for standing up and being responsible than I would trying to blame someone else for the problems I created.

We're all different though, only you can decide what your standards are.

I just can't believe you honestly think that people should be fined for things like I listed above. Maybe it's my immaturity but damn.
ride4fun562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 10:50 AM   #22
tkent02
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: Littleton, CO
Oddometer: 2,133
None of you jackoffs have ever pulled a wheelie? Bullshit.
tkent02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 10:52 AM   #23
ride4fun562 OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Sep 2012
Location: CA
Oddometer: 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkent02 View Post
None of you jackoffs have ever pulled a wheelie? Bullshit.

hahaha I knew I should have posted this on supermoto junkie not here, at least some of them arn't FF's and can actually get the front tire off the ground, and therefore might be more sympathetic.
ride4fun562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 10:55 AM   #24
WYO George
Gnarly Adventurer
 
WYO George's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Location: Rolling Hills,WY
Oddometer: 397
Maybe I'm just old and grumpy, but I can't believe that you've been busted pretty hard twice recently and yet haven't learned from it yet. The fines do seem outrageously high where you are (and around here you'd see a lot more warnings than citations), but all the more reason to learn from them in my mind. I'm not putting your down as a person because I had the same mindset when I was a teenager, but I grew out of that and started to realize who was actually to blame for all those times I got in trouble
__________________
My lame, but photo intense day trips around Wyoming can be found here: http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=960272
WYO George is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 10:57 AM   #25
WYO George
Gnarly Adventurer
 
WYO George's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Location: Rolling Hills,WY
Oddometer: 397
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkent02 View Post
None of you jackoffs have ever pulled a wheelie? Bullshit.
Absolutely I have, but if I got caught I took responsibility for it. After all, it was a choice I made! My comments are not about the actions, but about taking responsibility for those actions.

I've also fucked without condoms, but when she got knocked up I didn't blame the doctors for finding out she was pregnant!
__________________
My lame, but photo intense day trips around Wyoming can be found here: http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=960272
WYO George is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 10:58 AM   #26
ride4fun562 OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Sep 2012
Location: CA
Oddometer: 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by gstanfield View Post
Maybe I'm just old and grumpy, but I can't believe that you've been busted pretty hard twice recently and yet haven't learned from it yet. The fines do seem outrageously high where you are (and around here you'd see a lot more warnings than citations), but all the more reason to learn from them in my mind. I'm not putting your down as a person because I had the same mindset when I was a teenager, but I grew out of that and started to realize who was actually to blame for all those times I got in trouble

You know I really do agree with you but like you say the amount of the fines just don't match up to the crime so I argue against the whole situation, since arguing against the amount is basically trying to argue against california voters and is therefore useless.
ride4fun562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 10:59 AM   #27
k-moe
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jun 2012
Oddometer: 2,219
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkent02 View Post
None of you jackoffs have ever pulled a wheelie? Bullshit.
I have, with the knowledge that I'd have to deal with the consequneces if caught. That's how life works. OP needs to man-up and deal with it (or become the CEO of a major corporation, most of whom are apparently immune from needing to take responsibility ).
k-moe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 11:00 AM   #28
ride4fun562 OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Sep 2012
Location: CA
Oddometer: 190
This is now a petition the state of california for lower fines thread.
ride4fun562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 11:01 AM   #29
k-moe
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jun 2012
Oddometer: 2,219
Quote:
Originally Posted by ride4fun562 View Post
You know I really do agree with you but like you say the amount of the fines just don't match up to the crime so I argue against the whole situation, since arguing against the amount is basically trying to argue against california voters and is therefore useless.
If the amount of the fine is the issue then making that argument is not useless. You'll be in for a long-hard fight, but people have been sucessful at getting the state of CA to make legal changes over far more serious issues.
k-moe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 11:02 AM   #30
ride4fun562 OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Sep 2012
Location: CA
Oddometer: 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by k-moe View Post
If the amount of the fine is the issue then making that argument is not useless. You'll be in for a long-hard fight, but people have been sucessful at getting the state of CA to make legal changes over far more serious issues.
I'd spend more money fighting the amount then I would save in the end.
ride4fun562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 12:23 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014