ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-05-2014, 05:33 PM   #61
deepcdiver
Nobody Special
 
deepcdiver's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2004
Location: Oaktown
Oddometer: 778
Just received my lights :) They are SOLID! Are they bullet proof? Was going to mount them on my TE630 but don't want that much weight up high, so will try them mounted on the forks otherwise they are going on my 1150GS ...
Actually they may not be that heavy, just give that impression for their compact size. Definitely rugged.
__________________
Pain is just weakness leaving your body
deepcdiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 11:54 PM   #62
JustinP OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
JustinP's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Location: Sunny Colorado
Oddometer: 1,552
Quote:
Originally Posted by deepcdiver View Post
Just received my lights :) They are SOLID! Are they bullet proof? Was going to mount them on my TE630 but don't want that much weight up high, so will try them mounted on the forks otherwise they are going on my 1150GS ...
Actually they may not be that heavy, just give that impression for their compact size. Definitely rugged.
Thanks for your business and your feedback :)

Yes, they are built tough, and have a solid feel for their size. In reality they are only about ~12 ounces a piece. I don't think you should have any issues mounting them up high on your TE. See this post for another customer's mounting setup on a TE.
__________________
FAST: 2004 non-ABS "Silver Bullet" FJR - FASTER: 2008 Touring/Endurance Hayabusa - SLOW: 1997 R1100GS
Quality LED Lighting - ADV Discount inside:) - LEDRider LED motorcycle lights
JustinP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 06:50 AM   #63
GAS GUY
MILE EATER
 
GAS GUY's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: Garden City, Michigan
Oddometer: 3,190
How many WATTS per light (LR4) is used ?

Is it 1.8 amps per light or for a pair ?
__________________
2008 KLR 705-2004 ST1300-2001 FZ1
2001 GAS GAS 321
IBA # 23,716
http://gasguysadventures.blogspot.com/

GAS GUY screwed with this post 02-06-2014 at 06:57 AM
GAS GUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 09:29 AM   #64
JustinP OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
JustinP's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Location: Sunny Colorado
Oddometer: 1,552
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAS GUY View Post
How many WATTS per light (LR4) is used ?

Is it 1.8 amps per light or for a pair ?
That's per light. Each one draws about 28 watts.
__________________
FAST: 2004 non-ABS "Silver Bullet" FJR - FASTER: 2008 Touring/Endurance Hayabusa - SLOW: 1997 R1100GS
Quality LED Lighting - ADV Discount inside:) - LEDRider LED motorcycle lights
JustinP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 07:53 PM   #65
JustinP OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
JustinP's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Location: Sunny Colorado
Oddometer: 1,552
FYI Folks, we still have a few dimmers left from the first batch that we're giving away free with a pair of lights. See this post for more info.

We're working on Dimmer Version 2 that will address the cosmetic flaws with the first batch. Those should be in stock within a month.
__________________
FAST: 2004 non-ABS "Silver Bullet" FJR - FASTER: 2008 Touring/Endurance Hayabusa - SLOW: 1997 R1100GS
Quality LED Lighting - ADV Discount inside:) - LEDRider LED motorcycle lights
JustinP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 09:56 PM   #66
Drabnor
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Mar 2011
Location: SoCal
Oddometer: 102
Thanks for the free dimmer and the 15% off! Going with the pair of LR4s. Will run the dimmer to the highbeams. Going on my new 350 exc. Will post pics when I get it all installed, pick the bike up on the 22nd...
__________________

Drabnor screwed with this post 02-18-2014 at 10:34 AM
Drabnor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 09:58 AM   #67
Hack'dTiger
n00b schn00b
 
Hack'dTiger's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Location: Three letter town, OK
Oddometer: 731
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinP View Post

Front view mounted on Super Tenere


Unless I missed it, what brackets were used for mounting on the s10?
__________________
'12 Super Tenere | '07 KLR | '07 KLX250S | '06 Road Star w/Ural Sidecar | '02 Road Star Bobber | '02 YZ426F | '75 CB750
Hack'dTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 10:13 AM   #68
JustinP OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
JustinP's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Location: Sunny Colorado
Oddometer: 1,552
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hack'dTiger View Post
Unless I missed it, what brackets were used for mounting on the s10?
Here's what the owner of that S10 said: "I just pivoted the stock mounts and bolted the lights into the OEM top mounting holes."

I don't have a S10 handy at the moment to verify what that means, but I assume there are stock light or crash bar mounts up there under the nose. I believe he also reversed the mounts on the lights themselves. I can ask for a close-up shot of the mounting if that would help.
__________________
FAST: 2004 non-ABS "Silver Bullet" FJR - FASTER: 2008 Touring/Endurance Hayabusa - SLOW: 1997 R1100GS
Quality LED Lighting - ADV Discount inside:) - LEDRider LED motorcycle lights
JustinP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 10:18 AM   #69
Hack'dTiger
n00b schn00b
 
Hack'dTiger's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Location: Three letter town, OK
Oddometer: 731
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinP View Post
Here's what the owner of that S10 said: "I just pivoted the stock mounts and bolted the lights into the OEM top mounting holes."

I don't have a S10 handy at the moment to verify what that means, but I assume there are stock light or crash bar mounts up there under the nose. I believe he also reversed the mounts on the lights themselves. I can ask for a close-up shot of the mounting if that would help.
Thanks for the info. Yep, a close-up would be appreciated!
__________________
'12 Super Tenere | '07 KLR | '07 KLX250S | '06 Road Star w/Ural Sidecar | '02 Road Star Bobber | '02 YZ426F | '75 CB750
Hack'dTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 10:36 PM   #70
mbabc
Curmudgeon trainee
 
mbabc's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2007
Location: Louisville, KY
Oddometer: 1,841
Been too cold to fiddle with my install on the LR4 lights but I'm going to use 1/8 aluminum angle bolted to the OME mounting points.




__________________
"I have never seen a Kentuckian without a gun and a pack of cards and a bottle of whiskey." - Gen. Andrew Jackson
'08 WR250R - '12 Super Tenere - '64 CT-Frankentrail
Little Blue goes looking for Orange
I don't know what time it is, I've switched to kilometers
mbabc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 09:32 AM   #71
JustinP OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
JustinP's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Location: Sunny Colorado
Oddometer: 1,552
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbabc View Post
Been too cold to fiddle with my install on the LR4 lights but I'm going to use 1/8 aluminum angle bolted to the OME mounting points.
Thanks - beat me to getting the pics. Yup, thats the same location the other s10 lights are mounted, except without brackets added. He just flipped the light bracket so it was vertical.
__________________
FAST: 2004 non-ABS "Silver Bullet" FJR - FASTER: 2008 Touring/Endurance Hayabusa - SLOW: 1997 R1100GS
Quality LED Lighting - ADV Discount inside:) - LEDRider LED motorcycle lights
JustinP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 09:33 AM   #72
Hack'dTiger
n00b schn00b
 
Hack'dTiger's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Location: Three letter town, OK
Oddometer: 731
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinP View Post
Thanks - beat me to getting the pics. Yup, thats the same location the other s10 lights are mounted, except without brackets added. He just flipped the light bracket so it was vertical.
^ ^ ^

Thanks for the pics!
__________________
'12 Super Tenere | '07 KLR | '07 KLX250S | '06 Road Star w/Ural Sidecar | '02 Road Star Bobber | '02 YZ426F | '75 CB750
Hack'dTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 08:49 PM   #73
krumgrinder
Gnarly Adventurer
 
krumgrinder's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Oddometer: 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinP View Post
FYI Folks, we still have a few dimmers left from the first batch that we're giving away free with a pair of lights. See this post for more info.

We're working on Dimmer Version 2 that will address the cosmetic flaws with the first batch. Those should be in stock within a month.
One less dealie available for the rest of you. Thanks for the discount and blem freebie on the dimmer, Justin; your attention to detail/fit/finish is a credit to you.
__________________
Steve
No matter where you go, there you are...
2011 Adventure 990
2002 Concours (sold)
krumgrinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 05:19 AM   #74
blacktiger
Tigers R great.
 
blacktiger's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: St.Leonards on Sea, England.
Oddometer: 3,605
Looks like my lights have made it to the UK. Haven't been delivered to me yet because the bastards stung me for 12 "Import VAT" and a 8 handling charge which I needed to pay before they'd deliver. Seems that we get ripped off even for a "gift" these days. Sad world we live in these days where you can't bloody move without being taxed.
__________________
2002 black Tiger955i, 72000 miles and counting.
2012 black Tiger800XC, 40000 miles and counting.
blacktiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 01:48 PM   #75
JustinP OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
JustinP's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Location: Sunny Colorado
Oddometer: 1,552
Quote:
Originally Posted by krumgrinder View Post
One less dealie available for the rest of you. Thanks for the discount and blem freebie on the dimmer, Justin; your attention to detail/fit/finish is a credit to you.
You're welcome, and, thanks :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacktiger
Looks like my lights have made it to the UK. Haven't been delivered to me yet because the bastards stung me for 12 "Import VAT" and a 8 handling charge which I needed to pay before they'd deliver. Seems that we get ripped off even for a "gift" these days. Sad world we live in these days where you can't bloody move without being taxed.
I tried, I guess "they" were too smart for us. :(
__________________
FAST: 2004 non-ABS "Silver Bullet" FJR - FASTER: 2008 Touring/Endurance Hayabusa - SLOW: 1997 R1100GS
Quality LED Lighting - ADV Discount inside:) - LEDRider LED motorcycle lights
JustinP is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 01:15 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014