Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-05-2014, 06:59 PM   #76
ride4fun562 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 198
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckthedog View Post
@ feathered, youre so right...I'm quite enjoying it myself. As far as the fine, remember, its a traffic judge (still a judge, but probably not the most desired or prestigious judge job there is I wouldn't think) in one of the most populated cities in America. They've heard it all. consequently, they can see through bullshit with x-ray, cosmic, superfly, Super/Bat/Aquaman precision. Having spent mind numbing and some comical hours sitting there years ago, I can say that when someone is honest, respectful (without kissing ass) and is real, that's who gets the help. The court costs are set by the state, and the judge can only get around those if the charge is dismissed altogether. They can't raise or lower them. They do set up payment plans though...or they used to. The man shouldn't stop you from doing what you love. Just be discreet about it!!! Don't do it in San Fernando Valley on ventura blvd (near my hometown of Woodland Hills) surrounded by 3 million people. You can probably pop one hell of a wheelie, I can't. I like to tear up backroads more than I should. Both are wrong, and if caught, we both take our lumps. But I find some back-back roads, and manage to have fun. Just find somewhere less populated and let er fly.

That's the truth but anywhere decent is far away from me(Long Beach). This takes us to the street racers argument, if they gave me somewhere to play with my toy that was reasonably accessible from my house I would gladly go there.
Old 02-05-2014, 07:20 PM   #77
buckthedog
Adventurer

Oddometer: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kommando View Post
I'm of the "no harm, no foul" philosophy. It makes no freakin' sense to me why somebody should get ticketed and fined if they haven't actually caused a collision, damage, injury, or avoidance maneuver. I see people do stupid crap all the time on the road that they never seem to get pulled for, yet a cop will write you for nothing more than doing 80 in a 70...on a freakin' sportbike that will easily handle over 130, in light traffic and clear weather. The laws are jacked. The enforcement is jacked. The courts are jacked. The brainwashing of the public is jacked.

Take responsibility...

When was the last time you saw a public official take responsibility and vote themselves a reduction in pay? When was the last time you saw a cop ticket themselves for a traffic or parking violation they committed when they weren't responding to a call? When was the last time you saw a judge turn themselves in, confess, and plead guilty to some crime or misconduct they've committed?

Leadership by example...aint exactly happening. THEY are the assholes.
Wow. I'll never change your mind. But your view is totally Reactionary. Its akin to firefighters at the station waiting for a call, then they go handle it. Police work is Proactionary. That's why the patrol car was invented. To be seen, to prevent crimes from occurring, hoping the mere presence of the black and white would deter offenses from happening. In the case of traffic enforcement, to help people abide by the rules of the road, thusly making it safer for you, me, our families, and the entire ADV world to ride in a safer environment. As far as having a cop ticket himself? come on. Yes, some drive like idiots, I've seen it, probably have done it, and still see it. It happens. A lot goes on that they have to rush to where they aren't allowed to use their overhead lightbars/sirens. A lot. And it can be serious . Re: judges? yes. Corrupt judges and politician fines or sentences should be doubled because we entrust them. No favors for them AT ALL.
buckthedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 07:31 PM   #78
Anonawesome
Scenic Rider

Oddometer: 1,202
Quote:
Originally Posted by ride4fun562 View Post
As a rider do you really believe a 15mph wheelie is going to kill alot of people?
Not a doubt in my mind.......

Quote:
It's like Marijuana vs Heroin It may sound stupid and hard to enforce but wheelies while gaining speed should be illegal and wheelies while at a constant speed should be overlooked.
I don't know what you just said but the marijuana is bad.

Jk, I have a terrible sense of humor.

As far as wheelies being legal if done safely and while not increasing speed, that's a fine f-ing line. Stunts, whether done by a kid who just got his license a week ago, or by Taddy Blazusiak are reckless behavior. I'm by no means saying it will lead to deaths (but I appreciate you immediately taking it to the extreme scenario), but it is just too easy for it to cause injury to bystanders, yourself (although no one cares about you), or even......mailboxes.

All I'm saying is that getting out of a fine by proving to the judge that you "knew what you were doing" doesn't really make any sense, and by making a HUGE gray area for motorcycle stunts is just kind of dumb.

-"I wouldn't trade one stupid decision for another five years of life."
Anonawesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 07:33 PM   #79
Kommando
Grumpy Young Man

Oddometer: 6,720
Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtDuster View Post
So you can point a gun in someone's face, as long as you don't shoot...

Is it what you call your "no harm, no foul" philosophy?

Come on...
That's willfully menacing/threatening somebody. There's a difference. Don't be a douche.
Some are guard dogs of the flock. Some herders, search/rescue, or companions. We Devildogs are those, and also retrievers. Hell is our blazing dogpark, our frigid swimming hole. The fallen are our tennis balls. We don't leave the fallen behind, even if the master has to bring them home for us. Semper Fi, my friends.
Kommando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 07:34 PM   #80
ride4fun562 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonawesome View Post
Not a doubt in my mind.......

I don't know what you just said but the marijuana is bad.

Jk, I have a terrible sense of humor.

As far as wheelies being legal if done safely and while not increasing speed, that's a fine f-ing line. Stunts, whether done by a kid who just got his license a week ago, or by Taddy Blazusiak are reckless behavior. I'm by no means saying it will lead to deaths (but I appreciate you immediately taking it to the extreme scenario), but it is just too easy for it to cause injury to bystanders, yourself (although no one cares about you), or even......mailboxes.

All I'm saying is that getting out of a fine by proving to the judge that you "knew what you were doing" doesn't really make any sense, and by making a HUGE gray area for motorcycle stunts is just kind of dumb.
I'm just responding to people's opinions with my own, who's to say who's right really. I wouldn't try to actually tell a judge this bullshit FYI. It already is a huge grey area, they don't have any actual written law about wheelies( in CA), so by doing that I'd actually make it a little bit of a smaller grey area. Also I never thought about the mailboxes, I may stop for them.

ride4fun562 screwed with this post 02-05-2014 at 07:46 PM
ride4fun562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 07:39 PM   #81
ride4fun562 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
That's willfully menacing/threatening somebody. There's a difference. Don't be a douche.
He was obviously trollin....hard.
Old 02-05-2014, 07:46 PM   #82
Kommando
Grumpy Young Man

Quote:
Wow. I'll never change your mind. But your view is totally Reactionary. Its akin to firefighters at the station waiting for a call, then they go handle it. Police work is Proactionary. That's why the patrol car was invented. To be seen, to prevent crimes from occurring, hoping the mere presence of the black and white would deter offenses from happening. In the case of traffic enforcement, to help people abide by the rules of the road, thusly making it safer for you, me, our families, and the entire ADV world to ride in a safer environment.
It doesn't appear to be working. Ask the cop who was pulled in Ohio for doing 150-something on his bike if his being aware of a cop nearby was any kind of deterrent for him.

Quote:
As far as having a cop ticket himself? come on. Yes, some drive like idiots, I've seen it, probably have done it, and still see it. It happens. A lot goes on that they have to rush to where they aren't allowed to use their overhead lightbars/sirens. A lot. And it can be serious.
No doubt, but EVERY time you see a cop driving or parking like a pinhead? Please. I was a CEVO instructor in Illinois. In that state, one is supposed to operate an emergency vehicle in a safe and responsible manner, regardless of responding to a call or not. RESPONSIBILITY. It starts with the people in power. Otherwise, it's just another form of tyranny.

Quote:
Re: judges? yes. Corrupt judges and politician fines or sentences should be doubled because we entrust them. No favors for them AT ALL.
You ever seen a prosecutor press charges against themselves? Even the ones that KNOWINGLY withheld evidence that would clear somebody? KNOWINGLY sending an innocent person to DEATH ROW constitutes attempted murder.
Some are guard dogs of the flock. Some herders, search/rescue, or companions. We Devildogs are those, and also retrievers. Hell is our blazing dogpark, our frigid swimming hole. The fallen are our tennis balls. We don't leave the fallen behind, even if the master has to bring them home for us. Semper Fi, my friends.
Old 02-05-2014, 07:47 PM   #83
Anonawesome
Scenic Rider

Oddometer: 1,202
Quote:
I never thought about the mailboxes, I may stop for them.
My job here is done.

/thread

Have fun boys.

-"I wouldn't trade one stupid decision for another five years of life."
Anonawesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 07:49 PM   #84
ride4fun562 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
It doesn't appear to be working. Ask the cop who was pulled in Ohio for doing 150-something on his bike if his being aware of a cop nearby was any kind of deterrent for him.

No doubt, but EVERY time you see a cop driving or parking like a pinhead? Please. RESPONSIBILITY. It starts with the people in power. Otherwise, it's just another form of tyranny.

You ever seen a prosecutor press charges against themselves? Even the ones that KNOWINGLY withheld evidence that would clear somebody?
And they arn't even doing it right.... If I showed a judge this would he tell me to fuck myself? lol, sure they are on what looks like an abandoned road but are they not a threat to each other since wheelies are always out of control? They don't even have protective gear on.

ride4fun562 screwed with this post 02-05-2014 at 07:56 PM
Old 02-05-2014, 07:59 PM   #85
buckthedog
Adventurer

Oddometer: 50
Kommando. I have two words for you on your last post......... you're right. All the examples you gave are fairly accurate, have happened, do happen and will happen. When people we entrust with our laws, our safety, etc willfully and egregiously violate them...the hammer must fall, and hard. In a perfect world, I could call you nuts, and refute all of these scenarios. I wish I could. I cant. The only thing that I can say is that it is a small percentage we are discussing that break the public trust. Oftentimes, people placed in positions of power abuse this power. Human nature, I suppose. This ranges from the police officer driving 90mph to get home and is off duty in his squad car---I see this constantly (minor) to judges, city councilmembers, to senators, and world leaders (major) violating the rights of their own people for personal gain. Its sickening. Just like speeding fines are doubled in construction zones, penalties for these people should be doubled. I also think its been at least 3 posts since the word douche was used....its about due to be thrown out there again... and ride4fun....HAHAHA I WOULD bring that pic in, say that you wanted to emulate the CHP officers as their training is known to be some of the best (it really is from what I've heard/read) . That alone will get you out of your ticket. 99.765% guaranteed.

buckthedog screwed with this post 02-05-2014 at 08:05 PM
buckthedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 08:03 PM   #86
Kommando
Grumpy Young Man

I'm thinking that even the enforcers have been lied to and brainwashed by the higher-ups. Many of them probably even feel that they're doing the right thing.
Old 02-05-2014, 08:03 PM   #87
ride4fun562 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Kommando. I have two words for you on your last post......... you're right. All the examples you gave are fairly accurate, have happened, do happen and will happen. When people we entrust with our laws, our safety, etc willfully and egregiously violate them...the hammer must fall, and hard. In a perfect world, I could call you nuts, and refute all of these scenarios. I wish I could. I cant. The only thing that I can say is that I can only hope it is a small percentage we are discussing that break the public trust. Oftentimes, people placed in positions of power abuse this power. Human nature, I suppose. This ranges from the police officer driving 90mph to get home and is off duty in his squad car---I see this constantly (minor) to judges, city councilmembers, to senators, and world leaders (major) violating the rights of their own people for personal gain. Its sickening. Just like speeding fines are doubled in construction zones, penalties for these people should be doubled. I also think its been at least 3 posts since the word douche was used....its about due to be thrown out there again... and ride4fun....HAHAHA I WOULD bring that pic in, say that you wanted to emulate the CHP officers as their training is known to be some of the best (it really is from what I've heard/read) . That alone will get you out of your ticket. 99.765% guaranteed.

Not sure if serious and they should hire me for wheelie trainer because they look like they need help.

And Kommando don't listen I think he's playing some kind of cop mind game trying to befriend us, most likely NSA.

ride4fun562 screwed with this post 02-05-2014 at 08:42 PM
Old 02-05-2014, 08:18 PM   #88
ride4fun562 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

One thing I'd like to say before leaving the shitfest I created (where the fuck are the mods) is that I do appreciate the police and all the shit they deal with, they're cool guys 90% of the time. My neighbor is a cop, he loves to tell me about how they beat the shit out of gangbangers.

I'm just gonna leave this here.

ride4fun562 screwed with this post 02-05-2014 at 08:44 PM
Old 02-05-2014, 09:32 PM   #89
StoneAgeMan
Wanderer

Oddometer: 703
Quote:
... do you really believe a 15mph wheelie is going to kill alot of people?
15mph is ~22.5fps (I find that thinking in fps is typically pretty useful, 1.5 feet/second for every 1mph). I do believe that having a bike collide with a person at 22 feet per second can indeed kill them. It can also stop a car from moving and would trigger the air bag in that car (which would then cost $1500+ to replace!).

Consider that Gramma may swerve or brake suddenly when she's startled by what she sees as a "wild horse out of control". She knows the bike can't steer without its front wheel on the ground, so she dives for safety when one "suddenly appears" (out of nowhere, usually). Then she hits somebody.

Now who's "at fault" there? Gramma for being startled and over-reacting? Or the squid that startled her?

The philosophy I try and apply here is: "Don't be the rock in your brothers path".

StoneAge rules Man
StoneAgeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 11:21 PM   #90
Thanantos
Ride hard.

Oddometer: 3,609
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxtrapper View Post
You disturbed the cop.

So, because you've been busted already for speeding and not properly wearing a seat belt, you shouldn't have to take responsibility for riding a wheelie?
This. Everytime one of these threads comes up the OP goes on and on about how many times they've been "screwed by the man!"

I always want to ask OP if he's considered if he's just an asshole? That would be rude though.

2013 V-Strom
Thanantos is offline   Reply With Quote