Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > The perfect line and other riding myths
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-06-2014, 03:17 AM   #91
crowe2815
kenoath

Oddometer: 274
All i know was that if i was the cop and i gave you a break by not hitting you with reckless driving or whatever road rule you broke and then you fought the lesser ticket i gave you id make sure i got you for something else ASAP.

And going by the OP's posts it would not take very long to find him breaking the laws again.
crowe2815 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 03:53 AM   #92
kojack06
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 365
With the criminal in the White House and the US Department of Justice, its difficult for me to write any Class C ticket to a citizen anymore.

The sign of the times in obamas amerika.
kojack06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 07:26 AM   #93
SgtDuster
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,154
Quote:
Originally Posted by kojack06 View Post
With the criminal in the White House and the US Department of Justice, its difficult for me to write any Class C ticket to a citizen anymore.

Don't start me on this, you wouldn't like the answer...
Old 02-06-2014, 07:52 AM   #94
O.C.F.RIDER
Loose nut behind h/bars

Oddometer: 4,878
Quote:
Originally Posted by ride4fun562 View Post
Despite how much of an immature douche you guys think I am, I know I broke a law and will likely be paying for it. This is my plan for the future.

Lol watch me get a ticket for not having a mirror even though I cant see shit out of that one anyways
Set yourself on a path of mental/physical relaxation...........
but a KLR.
No more wheelies, AND, you'll have a home for the milk crate.
'75 Kawi 900 Z1...'90 Kawi ZX11...'03 Kawi ZRX 1200...'01 VOR 400E
O.C.F.RIDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 07:53 AM   #95
buckthedog
Adventurer

Oddometer: 50
Youre right, I find that with "they're all out to get ME" perception is usually a matter of attitude of the person. I am not applying this to the OP, but it usually turns out the person is an Ahole, and has some misguided sense of entitlement, that I can do whatever I want, the rules apply to everyone else but me. From a law enforcement standpoint, this is common. The mentality is "I'm superior to everyone else/my skills are superior so the rules apply to THEM, not me" , as well as few people seem to take responsibility for their actions anymore. Well, the pen is mightier than the sword. Meaning, this turns into a (or several) citations vs. just a warning. Great thread though! I've enjoyed it, and I hope the OP fares well.
buckthedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 07:55 AM   #96
O.C.F.RIDER
Loose nut behind h/bars

Oddometer: 4,878
Quote:
Originally Posted by kojack06 View Post

That will get this kicked into the basement quick.
Never speak ill of our Dear Leader.
'75 Kawi 900 Z1...'90 Kawi ZX11...'03 Kawi ZRX 1200...'01 VOR 400E
O.C.F.RIDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 12:11 PM   #97
ShaftEd
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,297
ride4fun, you sound like me about 30 years ago. I had a lot of ticket issues back then and all I was trying to do was have a bit of fun. I've mellowed out now (but not completely) . Anyway, you may want to look at using a specialized traffic lawyer. There are some who are very reasonable and money back if they don't solve your problem. Just do a search for Traffic Lawyer in LA and check em out.

I've had good results over the years here in San Diego. Of course nothing is for sure and YMMV. Good luck!
ShaftEd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 01:37 PM   #98
tick-tock
Adventurer

Oddometer: 27
Fight it. The state made an accusation against you. it is up to them to prove it in court. If they can't, most likely because the witness (cop) doesn't show up, then you haven't been proven guilty and the case will be dropped.

You can either spend your time doing this or hire a lawyer and pay for his time and expertise. Either way, its worth a try. Tickets live on your record for a LONG time.
tick-tock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 01:45 PM   #99
InsideThePerimeter
North GA bound

Oddometer: 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkent02 View Post
If he doesn't show up in court, it goes away. Delay, delay, delay and when you finally do go he won't be there. Or if he does show up he won't remember you were the wheelie guy.

15 in a 25 zone? The judge will throw it out anyway.

Do this. Show up the first time and say you want a Lawyer then ask for as long a delay as you can get, you are poor and need to save up $.

Hire Attorney or just use your legal insurance one. S/He shows up asks for delay- and will get it.

Admit nothing, let lawyer do all the talking - tell him to delay ALAP and demand to see any Video evidence (they have to let you see the evidence against you)

Demand a jury trial, you can in places here, for even a traffic ticket but probably not in the People’s Republic of California.

Don't plea to anything before the Jury has been picked and you are the court house door.

Make it a pain in the ass to convict you, turn their bureaucracy against them.

If everyone did this every time the Police wouldn’t be used as roving Tax Collectors for corrupt other people’s money grabbing politicians looking for cash to waste on the voters they depend on to get reelected.

If you Don't Believe in Freedom For All -You Don't Believe in Freedom at All
InsideThePerimeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 01:54 PM   #100
shovelstrokeed
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 831
Quote:
Originally Posted by ride4fun562 View Post
(corrected to what I should have said in the first place)

Yea yea I can hear you already, take responsibility and all that good stuff. Okay so I got caught doing a very slow controlled wheelie. The cop gave me a break(although he never said he was giving me a break perhaps he just didn't know the correct course of action) he gave me a 22350 cvc which is a speeding ticket. On the ticket there is no mention of a wheelie and the speeds cited are 15mph in a 0mph zone , which is actually a 25mph sidestreet. He wrote the limit as 0 because he would argue no speed is safe without both wheels on the ground. So my questions are, if I try to fight it, can he get pissed and upgrade me to reckless driving which is the correct punishment for wheelies, and is there any chance of winning since he didn't actually list the wheelie on the ticket. Basically could I just go to the arraignment and lie to the judge that the officer for some reason felt I was going too slow and hopefully get it thrown out? I am in California the Nazi capitol of the world btw.
He did you more of a solid than you know. Just show up in court and ask the clerk of the court to produce a speed zone map of the town (most have them on file) showing that particular area to be a speed limit of zero. Bang of gavel, case dismissed.
Old 02-06-2014, 03:23 PM   #101
SgtDuster
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newby1 View Post
Do this. Show up the first time and say you want a Lawyer then ask for as long a delay as you can get, you are poor and need to save up $.

Hire Attorney or just use your legal insurance one. S/He shows up asks for delay- and will get it.

Admit nothing, let lawyer do all the talking - tell him to delay ALAP and demand to see any Video evidence (they have to let you see the evidence against you)

Demand a jury trial, you can in places here, for even a traffic ticket but probably not in the People’s Republic of California.

Don't plea to anything before the Jury has been picked and you are the court house door.

Make it a pain in the ass to convict you, turn their bureaucracy against them.

If everyone did this every time the Police wouldn’t be used as roving Tax Collectors for corrupt other people’s money grabbing politicians looking for cash to waste on the voters they depend on to get reelected.

The guy received what, a 300$ "speeding" ticket instead of a reckless driving citation (with much severe punishment) and you're here with nothing better than this suggestion?

Dear God.
Old 02-06-2014, 03:25 PM   #102
High Country Herb
Adventure Connoiseur

Oddometer: 7,822
If I were you, I would follow buckthedog's advice to the tee. Being honest and humble will go a long way in traffic court. Drop all excuses and throw yourself on the mercy of the court.

That cop was doing you a big favor. I don't think you should try to get it thrown out on a technicality. That might reflect badly on the officer, and make him less likely to go easy on people just having some fun in the future. Gone are the days when Andy Griffith can blip his siren and shake a finger at you. If you continued on your way and ran over a kid on the next block it would be his ass along with yours.

...and take that note off your mirror before you get another ticket. There is no way you will get off with a warning with that written on your mirror.
High Country Herb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 04:18 PM   #103
foxtrapper
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 739
Quote:
Originally Posted by High Country Herb View Post

Gone are the days when Andy Griffith can blip his siren and shake a finger at you.
Get some grey hair and you can get quite a bit of it. But even in Mayberry you had Barney Fife.
foxtrapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 04:26 PM   #104
InsideThePerimeter
North GA bound

Oddometer: 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtDuster View Post
The guy received what, a 300$ "speeding" ticket instead of a reckless driving citation (with much severe punishment) and you're here with nothing better than this suggestion?

Dear God.
Correct, you are not guilty of ANYTHING until you have had your "Due Process".

Do not roll over.

Exercise your right to Due Process & discourage Law Enforcement for profit.

If you Don't Believe in Freedom For All -You Don't Believe in Freedom at All

InsideThePerimeter screwed with this post 02-06-2014 at 04:34 PM
InsideThePerimeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 05:31 PM   #105
SgtDuster
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newby1 View Post
Correct, you are not guilty of ANYTHING until you have had your "Due Process".

Do not roll over.

Exercise your right to Due Process & discourage Law Enforcement for profit.
Another member of the sovereign citizen movement I guess?