Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-06-2014, 03:04 PM   #3781
johnjen
Mod-U-Later

Oddometer: 15,343
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Wanderer View Post
Since this IS a technical thread I posted some technical questions a few pages ago but got no answer. Maybe you can help answer them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolside
That's right, Phil. You didn't miss anything. Going forward the IICE functions are all digital. Microprocessor-controlled that is. The Air 'acceleration enrichment' function will be in combination with the Cool 'transient throttle enrichment', and the Smooth 'closed-loop mixture control'.

I am confused (which happens easily). Does this mean the new IIce thingy will replace the IIce Air by combining it's function with the IIce Cool and IIce Smooth? If so it poses two questions.
- Is there any further need for the IIce Air and the add on repair plug in for the IIce Air after this new digital product is available?
- Is this new combined Smooth Cool Air device basically going to accomplish the same things as the AF-XIED product?

It sort of sounds like it to me but people can buy the AF-XIED product off the shelf right now so why would they wait an undetermined amount of time for design, development, testing and production of this new device?
Yes, I'd agree that you are confused.
1. This thread isn't about 'your' product. Please stop trying to 'sell' them here. You have your own thread for that.
2. Your questions aren't technical, they are about marketing.
3. Your motivation (bias) is well established, as is mine. As such I still question your motivation (see #1 above)
4. And the reason your questions remain unanswered is these MARKETING related issues have not been finalized, so there is no answer, yet.

And if similar issues were to befall 'your' thread(s) I would handle them in the same way.
This is the last comment I'm going to make on these subjects. Any further attempts, as recently noted above, will be dealt with.

JJ

WingMakers.com
Collected Works of the WingMakers Volume 1 pg. 590
Old 02-06-2014, 03:11 PM   #3782
Lonestar2112
scatology expert

Oddometer: 6,495
Beta tester for hire

PS, since I am sooooo close to you. I offer my service to Beta test the next generation of sweetness that comes out of your garage. Don't let those pesky Texicans woo you otherwise.

Seriously, sent you an email.

Wypierdalaj ty chuju jebany
F*CK CANCER
Old 02-06-2014, 03:17 PM   #3783
mouthfulloflake
Not afraid

Oddometer: 15,598
It does NOTHING on my bike, but thats not the point anymore.

Not complaining, and not whining.

trying to understand two things

1- why it doesnt work on my bike
2- why I was sold something that was said to be X, and ends up being Y

if you dont get it, cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallowa View Post
Good grief..." My bike might be unaffected" ???????? So the different settings do or don't make any difference in the performance of your bike? So it does work on your bike.

And you bought the IICE AIR as an investment that could be sold later ??? You have got to be shitting me !!!! [expletive added back in...]. If that is your retirement plan, re-selling a $100 item, you need to get on as many government handouts as possible and do it soon. And I thought I was a tight-ass with a dollar.

I am not thumping on folks for asking questions....but damn cut out the complaining and whining. We all knew the nature of this device and that it was and is being refined and developed. ALL of us can benefit from a fully functional Air-Cool-Smooth device. BMW sure as hell did and has not got it correct; so give PS slack and show a little patience...without the cheap shots.

Do I want a fully operative Air-Cool-Smooth for my bike? Damn straight, but getting one is a much better option that not getting one, so I can wait.
Old 02-06-2014, 03:20 PM   #3784
mouthfulloflake
Not afraid

So JJ, are you saying that I am un-eligible for the 'upgrade" as you called it?

because you think the device should work on my bike?
Much like you thought it worked on ALL BMW bikes originally?

I hope you understand the irony of that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjen View Post
Your 1100 is unaffected by these changes as are all 1150's.
As for the links not working… I'm not sure what happened so I snagged them again…

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...postcount=3686
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...postcount=3692

As for the universality of the IICE Air, that is being addressed by the digital IICE Air.

JJ
Old 02-06-2014, 03:22 PM   #3785
GS Addict
Pepperfool

Oddometer: 3,395
Quote:
1. This thread isn't about 'your' product. Please stop trying to 'sell' them here. You have your own thread for that.
3. Your motivation (bias) is well established, as is mine. As such I still question your motivation (see #1 above)
4. And the reason your questions remain unanswered is these MARKETING related issues have not been finalized, so there is no answer, yet.

And if similar issues were to befall 'your' thread(s) I would handle them in the same way.
This is the last comment I'm going to make on these subjects. Any further attempts, as recently noted above, will be dealt with.

JJ
Yes but the table is very slanted here as you have a lot more power than us lowly inmates. Just sayin'
Old 02-06-2014, 03:58 PM   #3786
Happy Wanderer
Day Dreaming.. .

Oddometer: 199
Response in orange Italics below:
Quote:

JJ, I don't have a product and I am not trying to sell anything. I also don't have a thread of my own on any of these subjects or products. This is a free and open discussion and I have opinions like anyone else, including you. You are totally off base and out of line with this accusation.

Trying to understand where these new products fit in and go together seems technical to me but if you define my questions as marketing OK. So is it now out of line to ask questions about them or mention any other solutions out there now? The reason I ask is because other solutions like the Booster Plug for example have come up here umpteen times without any threats of being expunged.

Ditto on "see #1 above". If you want to know my motivation there's no need to speculate or assume; just ask. The simple answer is I am motivated by solutions that will work on oilheads to improve rideability and discussing which ones work or don't. Unlike yourself, I don't have any stake in any products nor do I stand to benefit from any of them. I am also motivated by honest direct responses to honest direct questions because I think it helps riders make informed decisions. Isn't that what a forum thread is for?

That's an answer! On behalf of myself and other riders trying to figure out what the plan is thank you!

Again, I don't have any threads of my own. I have posted in many threads however if that is what you mean. I'm getting confused again...

Excuse me JJ, but if you take a step back for a minute and think about this do you really feel forum moderators threatening posters because you personally don't like the questions being asked is appropriate? Because I don't.

Happy Wanderer screwed with this post 02-06-2014 at 04:06 PM
Old 02-06-2014, 04:33 PM   #3787
terryckdbf
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 859
JJ, lighten up a little as your previous quote on page 6 post # 86 says:

"And this is ADVrider.

We do things a little differently in this corner of the sandbox.
And exactitude in all things and all ways usually isn't one we rigorously strive to maintain. There is a fun factor involved that tends to lighten things up a tad."

If this is a technical thread we should be able to get answers with data, all we get is it will work on everything, more is coming, etc. My questions were specific to the product, no other product was mentioned nor do I care to discuss any other product but yours on this thread.

I am more than happy to limit the discussion to a technical one but that goes both ways. Accusing someone of trying to sell a product they don't have as well as criticizing another's product on a different thread is totally a one way street.

I am not an expert regarding these devices, my questions are for me to learn.

Be well.

Terry
Old 02-06-2014, 04:38 PM   #3788
johnjen
Mod-U-Later

Quote:
Originally Posted by mouthfulloflake View Post
So JJ, are you saying that I am un-eligible for the 'upgrade" as you called it?

because you think the device should work on my bike?
Much like you thought it worked on ALL BMW bikes originally?

I hope you understand the irony of that.
So I have to ask the question, if "It does NOTHING" why haven't you sold it already and moved on?
It doesn't work for you, and if my reading between the lines is accurate it never will.

As for why it doesn't work I have no idea. You are one of a couple of folks who have made this claim, out of 600+.

I could speculate and come up with a bunch of possibilities but that isn't the point, is it?
On your bike, "It does NOTHING" and that IS the point.

My advice?
Sell it, move on, try another device, or not, your choice.

JJ

WingMakers.com
Old 02-06-2014, 04:41 PM   #3789
mouthfulloflake
Not afraid

Exactly what I am trying to DO!

But I want the "upgrade" as you called it to make it appealing.

It has been for sale for a while, cheaper than a new one's price, and no takers.

so Im trying to make it appealing, which would have been a device that worked and fit all of the bikes that it was said to work on.

I am not sure what lines that you think you are reading between, but the 4 lines of text above should explain my intentions better than your own assumptions.

Quote:
So I have to ask the question, if "It does NOTHING" why haven't you sold it already and moved on?
It doesn't work for you, and if my reading between the lines is accurate it never will.

As for why it doesn't work I have no idea. You are one of a couple of folks who have made this claim, out of 600+.

I could speculate and come up with a bunch of possibilities but that isn't the point, is it?
On your bike, "It does NOTHING" and that IS the point.

My advice?
Sell it, move on, try another device, or not, your choice.

JJ

mouthfulloflake screwed with this post 02-06-2014 at 05:11 PM
Old 02-07-2014, 08:39 AM   #3790
k1w1t1m
Kiwi

Oddometer: 899
I'm thinking that this thread needs a moderator that doesn't appear to have a vested interest in the product.

'01 BMW R1150GS
Old 02-07-2014, 09:31 AM   #3791
GS Addict
Pepperfool

Oddometer: 3,395
Quote:
Originally Posted by k1w1t1m View Post
i'm thinking that this thread needs a moderator that doesn't appear to have a vested interest in the product.
+1
Old 02-07-2014, 09:36 AM   #3792
Wallowa
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,085
Cool2 Seriously?

Quote:
I'm thinking that this thread needs a moderator that doesn't appear to have a vested interest in the product.

Think about it....how would changing moderators change this thread? Only outcome might be more of the sharpshooters might be asked to leave. The parameters were set and you agreed to them by joining the thread; now you object. Kinda like "I was for it before I was against it".

Folks, I am not busting anyone's chops but all of us I assume are over 21 and endowed with free will. All of us should be able to evaluate if we want to support the development of the devices Poolside is working on.

Take a look at BMW, my GSA has had a ton of "issues" and it cost one hell of a lot more [19K] than the $100 of an IICE Air [actually cost less than $100]. Difference is that BMW had a boxer engine in production in 1927 and still can't produce a bullet-proof, dependable product [several of the current problems can be "stop-right-there" issues]. Do I love riding my BMW? You bet. Do I trust it? No. But I continue to solo touring in the boondocks because that is my choice. Same with PS's products; my choice based on my research and evaluation.

Unlike my BMW, the IICE Air and upcoming Cool and Smooth have been developed only recently in the part-time of a person dedicated to getting the electronics we need to have our bikes runs like they should. Have there been set-backs? Of course, but we all knew this was and that it still is a "work-in-progress".

So for those that are not happy with PS's work or the IICE Air, PM or email him; but remember there are no magic bullets. Please stop bitching and moaning on this thread. Conversely if you have real solutions to real problems state your proposals. And you can always start a "Jo-Mama" gripe thread for mal-contents.

Addressing those that wish to only criticize is like shoveling sand with a pitchfork; if you don't grasp the concepts then nothing anyone can say will be of any value to you. Out here.

Wallowa screwed with this post 02-07-2014 at 09:46 AM
Old 02-07-2014, 10:49 AM   #3793
BronsonRock
Banned

Oddometer: 213
Quote:
+2. It's the very definition of conflict of interest.
Old 02-07-2014, 11:25 AM   #3794
fellowsja
Momma's Boy

Oddometer: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by bronsonrock View Post
+2. It's the very definition of conflict of interest.
+3
Old 02-07-2014, 01:48 PM   #3795
johnjen
Mod-U-Later

What part of this is a technical thread don't you people understand?

I have allowed this bitchfest to continue relatively unabated, until now.

I ASKED, pointed at, informed, etc. that we return this thread to a technical discussion, multiple times and in multiple ways, but it doesn't seem to be sinking in.

Now there are claims of conflict of interest which are laughable, given how much latitude I have allowed for all of you whiners.

So clearly self moderating yourselves isn't happening.

So you think it'll get better with another mod stepping in and enforcing the rules, with no slack?
Because that is most likely what will happen.
And after this happens there will be a no slack policy STRICTLY enforced.
Do you really want that?

Because I can all to easily recuse myself and invite any other mod to step in and 'clean up this mess', no problem.
In fact it would be better for me, because then I don't have to allow 'extra' slack BECAUSE I'm a mod and directly involved in this.

The saying 'be careful what you ask for, you just might get it' comes to mind.

Choose wisely.

JJ

WingMakers.com

johnjen screwed with this post 02-07-2014 at 01:54 PM
Closed Thread