ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Australia > OZ Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-16-2013, 04:19 AM   #106
SirJono_777
Adventurer
 
SirJono_777's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2008
Location: South Coast NSW, Australia
Oddometer: 51
It's been a while since I posted in this thread but I used my mount in January this year for a 3 day trip on the 525 exc. The mount worked very well and the radio was extremely secure. Unfortunately I had a stupid tip over halfway through the trip and damaged the cable connecting my helmet speakers/mic and killed the audio. I left the radio on the mount and used it when I was stopped to talk to the other guys. It was great. Here are some pics of the setup before I took off.











__________________
'14 KTM 350 EXC-F
'05 KTM 525 EXC - sold
'97 Suzuki DR350 - sold
'82 Suzuki DR250 - dead
SirJono_777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 04:44 AM   #107
Aquatic OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Aquatic's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: Buddina, Sunny Coast, Australia
Oddometer: 1,436
Very nice setup!
Why the forks and not the handle bars?

Sorry to here about your bit of bad luck
At least you didn't lose the radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirJono_777 View Post
It's been a while since I posted in this thread but I used my mount in January this year for a 3 day trip on the 525 exc. The mount worked very well and the radio was extremely secure. Unfortunately I had a stupid tip over halfway through the trip and damaged the cable connecting my helmet speakers/mic and killed the audio. I left the radio on the mount and used it when I was stopped to talk to the other guys. It was great. Here are some pics of the setup before I took off.











Aquatic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 05:18 AM   #108
SirJono_777
Adventurer
 
SirJono_777's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2008
Location: South Coast NSW, Australia
Oddometer: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquatic View Post
Very nice setup!
Why the forks and not the handle bars?

Sorry to here about your bit of bad luck
At least you didn't lose the radio
Mainly because I'm a bit OC and hate cluttered bars. With my gps up there I saw the perfect hole to position the UHF into. It took some working out with the RAM mounts tho. After snugging them up on the trail it stayed put for 3 days. It was pretty rough going too.. Vic high country firetrails.. I was ridding them like I was on a regular trail ride too.. Getting air off erosion mounds and powering through rocky sections like nothing was attached to the bike.. The mount was one of the few things that I didn't need to worry about on the trip! Very sturdy product that's for sure

I just need to work out a better quick disconnect for my radio cable so it will come apart rather then destroy the wires when I have a tumble next time. However no faults with your mount. Quality gear
SirJono_777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 01:28 PM   #109
Kiwirich
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Kiwirich's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: Sydney Australia
Oddometer: 178
One option

Hi Jonno,
Is there any way to get a 90 Degree connector ?
I was thinking of lowering the profile.

Richard
Kiwirich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 09:12 AM   #110
SirJono_777
Adventurer
 
SirJono_777's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2008
Location: South Coast NSW, Australia
Oddometer: 51
I'm not sure. I don't make the mounts. Aquatic does. Do you mean a 90 degree RAM mount off the back? I don't think it would save much space, or even if it was possible? You'd probably have to make an aluminum mounting plate then Jerry rig something up... Depending on what you're trying to mount to etc.
__________________
'14 KTM 350 EXC-F
'05 KTM 525 EXC - sold
'97 Suzuki DR350 - sold
'82 Suzuki DR250 - dead
SirJono_777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 01:40 PM   #111
Aquatic OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Aquatic's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: Buddina, Sunny Coast, Australia
Oddometer: 1,436
The mounting is only limited by your imagination!

And the 4 mounting holes in AMPS pattern.

Go have a look at the first post for some mounting ideas. As well as the hole pattern required.
There is also links to the appropriate ram mounts that can be used.

Oh yes....
I finally received the shipment of springs I was waiting for. So plenty of fresh mounts available.

I currently have 4 express satchels left. So the next 4 (Australian) customers get free postage.



I will post the 4 names here to eliminate any doubt
Aquatic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 05:47 PM   #112
Aquatic OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Aquatic's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: Buddina, Sunny Coast, Australia
Oddometer: 1,436
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquatic View Post
The mounting is only limited by your imagination!

And the 4 mounting holes in AMPS pattern.

Go have a look at the first post for some mounting ideas. As well as the hole pattern required.
There is also links to the appropriate ram mounts that can be used.

Oh yes....
I finally received the shipment of springs I was waiting for. So plenty of fresh mounts available.

I currently have 4 express satchels left. So the next 4 (Australian) customers get free postage.



I will post the 4 names here to eliminate any doubt
No one from here interested in free shipping?
Aquatic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 10:06 PM   #113
Fixerboy
n00b
 
Joined: Mar 2011
Oddometer: 1
How to order (melbourne)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquatic View Post
No one from here interested in free shipping?
Hi Aquatic,

What's the best way to order one of your mounts - destined for Melbourne?

Bart
Fixerboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 01:31 AM   #114
gonescratchin
aka Fipsy
 
gonescratchin's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2010
Location: McLaren Vale, South Australia
Oddometer: 443
These are great mounts. Highly recommend it. Using one for my Uniden handheld for a few trips now.

With the appropriate RAM mounts - works a treat.


_____________________________
RR's at www.gonescratchin.com/blog
gonescratchin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 05:32 AM   #115
Aquatic OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Aquatic's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: Buddina, Sunny Coast, Australia
Oddometer: 1,436
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fixerboy View Post
Hi Aquatic,

What's the best way to order one of your mounts - destined for Melbourne?

Bart
You have an email Squire
Aquatic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 05:34 AM   #116
Aquatic OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Aquatic's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: Buddina, Sunny Coast, Australia
Oddometer: 1,436
Quote:
Originally Posted by gonescratchin View Post
These are great mounts. Highly recommend it. Using one for my Uniden handheld for a few trips now.

With the appropriate RAM mounts - works a treat.


_____________________________
RR's at www.gonescratchin.com/blog
Thank you for the kind words Sir.

You got any photos you can share?
I'm looking for some new ones for my catalogue.
Aquatic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 06:55 AM   #117
gonescratchin
aka Fipsy
 
gonescratchin's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2010
Location: McLaren Vale, South Australia
Oddometer: 443
No problems. Give me a few days and I'll get some uploaded for ya.


_____________________________
RR's at www.gonescratchin.com/blog
gonescratchin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 07:39 AM   #118
gonescratchin
aka Fipsy
 
gonescratchin's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2010
Location: McLaren Vale, South Australia
Oddometer: 443
Here you go. Mounted on my 09 GSA. I use an Autocom SuperPro to connect it to my helmet - makes for superb audio quality. Ive also mounted an external antenna (base is mounted on one of my pannier rack bars) to give me the option of extra range (hwy use only due to higher risk of knocking it during off road use).












_____________________________
RR's at www.gonescratchin.com/blog
gonescratchin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 07:52 AM   #119
Aquatic OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Aquatic's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: Buddina, Sunny Coast, Australia
Oddometer: 1,436
Awesome, thanks for the pics.

Nice setup btw
Aquatic is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 06:30 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014