Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Equipment
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-10-2014, 04:59 PM   #76
Cheap Café Nihilist
Cheap Café Nihilist

Oddometer: 66
Went to order a pair but discovered that delivery to Canada is $25, almost half the cost of the product itself. Perhaps you'll have a Canadian distributor or less expensive shipping option in future?
Cheap Café Nihilist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 08:30 PM   #77
Tuff Tunica
Moto-Skiveez creator

Oddometer: 546
Working on it as we speak. I actually had a long conversation with Matt from Motorcycle Innovations just outside of Toronto this morning; http://www.motorcycleinnovations.ca/

Hope we may be able to work something out. Please feel free to reach out to him if you feel so compelled.

Sorry about the shipping cost. I've been sending everything USPS Intl priority. About the best cost I could find.

Shoot me a PM if you would like to discuss further.

Thanks for your interest in Moto-Skiveez!
Tuff Tunica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 08:34 PM   #78
Tuff Tunica
Moto-Skiveez creator

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZZY-GS View Post
I received my Shiveez in the post yesterday (no hat)
They look like a great piece of kit. Will be taking the F800 out for a long ride on the weekend so it will be a good test. I find the sizes run large. I usually wear a large but these are a little loose on me so I could have gone the medium I think.
Ozzy-GS, thanks for the reply and note about sizing. First I have heard about running large. Usually I will urge people that are in between sizes to err on the smaller side.

Also I must apologize about no hat. Looks like I owe you one. I can almost guarantee that at some point I will visit down under. If I ever do beers and a hat are on me. Also I've sent probably about five pair or so to OZ. The next shipment I send down under, I'll include an extra hat with the hope that the recipient may be willing to forward to you.

Thanks again for choosing Moto-Skiveez!!
Old 02-11-2014, 12:45 AM   #79
OZZY-GS
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 349
Cheers mate,
All going well I will be ordering another pair after this weekends ride.
Old 02-11-2014, 08:00 AM   #80
SgtDuster
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuff Tunica View Post
Ozzy-GS, thanks for the reply and note about sizing. First I have heard about running large. Usually I will urge people that are in between sizes to err on the smaller side.

Also I must apologize about no hat. Looks like I owe you one. I can almost guarantee that at some point I will visit down under. If I ever do beers and a hat are on me. Also I've sent probably about five pair or so to OZ. The next shipment I send down under, I'll include an extra hat with the hope that the recipient may be willing to forward to you.

Thanks again for choosing Moto-Skiveez!!
Any plan on visiting the nice Quebec province? You owe me a hat too!
Old 02-12-2014, 12:14 PM   #81
Tuff Tunica
Moto-Skiveez creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtDuster View Post
Any plan on visiting the nice Quebec province? You owe me a hat too!
Let me finish snow blowing my drive way and I'm on my way. Were do you want to meet?

Seriously if you are ever at a national rally or event let me know. Free hat and the first beer on me.

Also same promise, If I send to anyone close up north, I will include and extra hat and see if I can't persuade them to forward to you.
Old 02-12-2014, 07:45 PM   #82
FJ Fun
Grouchy Old Squid

Oddometer: 67
I ordered a pair of Moto Skivees last night, can't wait to give them a try. You all should have seen the look on my wife's face when I told her what I spent $60.00 on. she wasn't even impressed with the free hat

Joe
FJ Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 03:42 AM   #83
Twofat
Adventurer

Oddometer: 46
Waiting

I ordered a pair of Motoskivees 2 weeks ago. I have the same thoughts as many here, about a pouch to support the boys etc.
The LD Comfort shorts are OK but don't go all the way. I am hoping that these are the next step up, though not being cotton, I am unsure.
Twofat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 08:49 AM   #84
Tuff Tunica
Moto-Skiveez creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJ Fun View Post
I ordered a pair of Moto Skivees last night, can't wait to give them a try. You all should have seen the look on my wife's face when I told her what I spent $60.00 on. she wasn't even impressed with the free hat

Joe
Hey, Valentine's is coming up. My suggestion is to spend $60 on some underwear for her....know what I mean .
Old 02-13-2014, 08:56 AM   #85
Tuff Tunica
Moto-Skiveez creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twofat View Post
I ordered a pair of Motoskivees 2 weeks ago. I have the same thoughts as many here, about a pouch to support the boys etc.
The LD Comfort shorts are OK but don't go all the way. I am hoping that these are the next step up, though not being cotton, I am unsure.

TwoFat, Let me know if Perth, WA is Australia or Washington. If Washington, you should have definitely received them by now. We can put a trace on your shipment if needed.

The front of our shorts are definitely articulated to provide room for "the boys." Also this area of the short is lined with a double fabric to provide additional comfort again chafing.

As for not being cotton, cotton is very comfortable when dry, but placed next to the skin when it is hot and sweaty, it is about the worst fabric to use. I spent a lot of time selecting the two different fabrics that comprise the materials for our base short. I'm fairly confident that you will be pleasantly surprised. Thanks again for choosing Moto-Skiveez!!
Old 02-13-2014, 09:23 AM   #86
D-Train
Ridin' Dirty

Oddometer: 1,218
I wanted to share something with everyone. I have been wearing Under Armour underwear for the last 15 years (wait I am going somewhere with this). I ditched cotton a long time ago and have never looked back I wear these for more reasons than just comfort. On any trip (motorcycle being the favorite) these allow me to wash one and wear one. I pack a lot less, wear them for a few days, switch into new clean ones, wash these (they dry pretty fast) and repeat

You can pick these up at most local sports stores. Here is a link:
http://www.underarmour.com/shop/us/e...arel/underwear

I have been riding around with my Under Armour underwear under my Motoskiveez riding shorts and I can tell you it is very comfortable. I used to wear bicycle shorts for the extra padding and I did the same thing, I wore my UA underwear underneath them. I never got 'bunched' up too much and even in 100+ degrees it was not too hot. All that to say the Motoskiveez are even better! They breathe much better than any bicycle short and the padding is in the right spots.

I realize some of you may just want to wear the shorts with nothing underneath...to each their own. This is just my personal preference and my experience.

I am getting ready to go on a month long moto trip to Mexico, California and back and will get to test these in many different conditions and temperatures. So far I am VERY pleased and can't wait to see how much better they are than my old bicycle shorts

Dusty
Old 02-13-2014, 09:41 AM   #87
Tuff Tunica
Moto-Skiveez creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Train View Post
I wanted to share something with everyone. I have been wearing Under Armour underwear for the last 15 years (wait I am going somewhere with this). I ditched cotton a long time ago and have never looked back I wear these for more reasons than just comfort. On any trip (motorcycle being the favorite) these allow me to wash one and wear one. I pack a lot less, wear them for a few days, switch into new clean ones, wash these (they dry pretty fast) and repeat

You can pick these up at most local sports stores. Here is a link:
http://www.underarmour.com/shop/us/e...arel/underwear

I have been riding around with my Under Armour underwear under my Motoskiveez riding shorts and I can tell you it is very comfortable. I used to wear bicycle shorts for the extra padding and I did the same thing, I wore my UA underwear underneath them. I never got 'bunched' up too much and even in 100+ degrees it was not too hot. All that to say the Motoskiveez are even better! They breathe much better than any bicycle short and the padding is in the right spots.

I realize some of you may just want to wear the shorts with nothing underneath...to each their own. This is just my personal preference and my experience.

I am getting ready to go on a month long moto trip to Mexico, California and back and will get to test these in many different conditions and temperatures. So far I am VERY pleased and can't wait to see how much better they are than my old bicycle shorts

Dusty
Thanks much for the endorsement!!! Safe travels for your trip.
Old 02-13-2014, 09:43 AM   #88
Tuff Tunica
Moto-Skiveez creator

Video

Also for anyone wanting to know a little more about what, where, how and why here is a link for our video...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxa8FjlJIZA#t=44
Old 02-26-2014, 07:55 AM   #89
guyfawkes
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 216
received mine 2 days ago and took 'em for a first spin today.

absolutely awesome.
they do feel weird when you wear them walking around because of the rather thick padding but once you're on the bike you dont feel a thing, they're just extremely comfortable. also, no chafing

also kudos for the customs declaration, didnt have to pay any fees or additional taxes
guyfawkes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 12:34 PM   #90
Tuff Tunica
Moto-Skiveez creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyfawkes View Post
received mine 2 days ago and took 'em for a first spin today.

absolutely awesome.
they do feel weird when you wear them walking around because of the rather thick padding but once you're on the bike you dont feel a thing, they're just extremely comfortable. also, no chafing

also kudos for the customs declaration, didnt have to pay any fees or additional taxes
RIGHT ON!! So glad everything worked out.

One thing to note. The materials that we used in creating the pad work best if they have been worn for a while. If you first just throw on the shorts and walk around the house, they may very well feel a little odd. The shorts are designed to be worn for riding a motorcycle 4,6,8+ hours. The materials are engineered to perform best after they have absorbed a little body heat and moisture.