Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-22-2014, 11:13 AM   #1
Velocity Sportsgear OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 23
Wireless FIR Motorcycle Heated Gloves

Link with Images

http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...orcycle-Gloves

Velocity has designed the worlds First Portable FIR (Far Infra Red) Heated Motorcycle Race gloves. These gloves offer the same if not better protection than some high end Motorcycle gloves with the added comfort of warmth for those chilly mornings. The Gloves were a huge success at launch at at Canada’s Largest Bike Show in January.
These gloves are priced at $300 plus shipping. They are not on our website so please email me at sales@velocitysportsgear.com with your info and address and I will email you a PayPal Invoice with a shipping quote (should be around $20)
The Heated VR-Pro Gloves also known as VR-PRO-H Gloves use Infra-Red heat to guarantee warm hands in the coldest of riding days. Three LED temperature settings, 6 layer construction, Completely waterproof , TPU knuckles and finger protectors, Super Fabric Scaphoid and palm sliders, built in face-shield squeegee on thumb, Water resistant Cowhide Leather, Kevlar Thread stitching and plus many more features make this Battery operated glove the most unique and exclusive heated Motorcycle glove in the world.
Features:-
-Constructed from 1mm water resistant cowhide leather
-Stitched with Kevlar Thread through out
-TPU Knuckles and finger protectors
-7 Layer construction (Leather, Foam Padding, Heat Trap layer, Water Proof membrane, Thinsulate, Carbon Fibre –Heating pad, inner liner)
-LED temperature control button with 3 settings
-3-4 hours of continuous portable heat in the high setting (Red), 5-6 Hours in the medium (white) setting and 7-8 Hours in the lowest setting (Blue)
- 5 Minute Warm up mode
-Built in face shield squeegee
-Rechargeable Lithium Polymer Battery
-PU mould wrist/battery protector
-Super Fabric Palm slider and Schaphoid protector
-Pre-Curved Fingers
-Gauntlet style designed to go over jacket cuffs.
-Infra-red Heat guaranteed never to heat up excessively and burn through
- Available in XXS to 2 XL.
- Sizing is similar to normal motorcycle gloves and very minimal loss of dexterity.
-One year warranty on all manufacturing defects
info@velocitysportsgear.com
1-855-670-9298
Velocity Sportsgear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 11:40 AM   #2
L.B.S.
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,259
Gloves look awesome

-difficult to get a feeling for how thick the battery is though. Is the battery the same size as say, the Mobile Warming ones?

The only real drawback for battery powered gloves (for me) is that I have to have my gloves go under the jacket sleeves when it rains. My jacket *is* my rain protection, so I'm not about to put another rain cover on top of my waterproof outer jacket, just to prevent water cascading down my sleeves and straight into the exterior exposed gauntlets.

...and no, in my experience, no exterior gauntlet has ever prevented water from pooling down into the gloves, no matter the claim of them being able to do so.

This restricts my nice and waterproof Mobile Warming gloves from actually being used on cold and rainy days. If the batteries (which really are pretty small and not too outrageously thick) were thinner, and/or they had the capability to be relocated outside the glove via "extention cords" to a velcro strap forearm placement or something, they would be infinitely more usable.
L.B.S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 12:58 PM   #3
Velocity Sportsgear OP
Adventurer

The battery is about half an inch thick. Its the slimmest battery available in a heated glove and we are the only ones that do a high end glove with infrared heat. Well at least with this type of protection.

QUOTE=L.B.S.;23284480]Gloves look awesome

-difficult to get a feeling for how thick the battery is though. Is the battery the same size as say, the Mobile Warming ones?

The only real drawback for battery powered gloves (for me) is that I have to have my gloves go under the jacket sleeves when it rains. My jacket *is* my rain protection, so I'm not about to put another rain cover on top of my waterproof outer jacket, just to prevent water cascading down my sleeves and straight into the exterior exposed gauntlets.

...and no, in my experience, no exterior gauntlet has ever prevented water from pooling down into the gloves, no matter the claim of them being able to do so.

This restricts my nice and waterproof Mobile Warming gloves from actually being used on cold and rainy days. If the batteries (which really are pretty small and not too outrageously thick) were thinner, and/or they had the capability to be relocated outside the glove via "extention cords" to a velcro strap forearm placement or something, they would be infinitely more usable.[/QUOTE]
1-855-670-9298
Old 01-24-2014, 02:36 PM   #4
Ms.KAG
n00b

Oddometer: 9
Do you know if they will continue to work if they get soaked and not damage the glove or my hand. Nothing worse than cold and wet. I dislike the wired ones.
Old 01-24-2014, 07:08 PM   #5
GB
Mod Squad

Oddometer: 55,811
Is the heating elements on the front and the back of the gloves or just the back of the gloves and the front relies on the bike's heated grips for heat?

A few more detailed pics and a pic of the battery would be helpful.
Old 01-27-2014, 01:23 PM   #6
Velocity Sportsgear OP
Adventurer

More about gloves

The gloves will continue to work even when soaked. We do not use resistive wiring so no chance of electrocuting yourself over over heating because the heating element gets coiled up. The battery is so slim that you can't even feel it. It fits right in a zipped pocket on the top part of the gauntlet.

The Infra Red heating pad is on the top (knuckle) part of the glove because that is where most of the cold air is felt. But because we use Infra Red heat the heat spreads evenly around and you won't have any particular hotter spots. Trust me when I say this is the most advanced glove in the market.

This glove is available for sale at www.firedupx.com

You can also see a video of our snow sport heated glove which shows you what the battery looks like and where it goes on our website. Right now we are doing flat shipping to anywhere in North America. Please email me for more questions. info@firedupx.com

1-855-670-9298
Old 01-27-2014, 01:25 PM   #7
Velocity Sportsgear OP
Adventurer

Fired Up X

Fired Up Extreme gear is another company I started just to focus on heated apparel. The heated motorcycle gloves although they say Velocity on them are part of the Fired Up brand. These by far are the most advanced motorcycle glove in the world in terms of technology and protection.
1-855-670-9298
Old 01-27-2014, 03:51 PM   #8
L.B.S.
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velocity Sportsgear View Post
The Infra Red heating pad is on the top (knuckle) part of the glove because that is where most of the cold air is felt.

But because we use Infra Red heat the heat spreads evenly around and you won't have any particular hotter spots.

Trust me when I say this is the most advanced glove in the market.

I have issue with the first claim, as I ride a lot in cold weather, and my knuckles have never been the uncomfortably cold parts. It's the backs of my fingers below the knuckles and the tips, that I need to be warm.

I can't see infrared on the back of the glove heating up the lower parts of the fingers and tips. Respectfully, I remain a bit skeptical about that.

"Trust me"

...well you're Canadian, so you do have that going for you
L.B.S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 05:53 PM   #9
levain
STILL Jim Williams

Oddometer: 7,117
Too bad they're battery powered

Don't get me wrong. It looks like someone finally built some heated gloves with protection in mind. Something sorely missing in the market. Still, for the premium, I don't want to be 1/2 way to my destination when the freezing rain starts wondering where I'm going to have to stop to charge the battery. That would be a bummer. Add a coax plug version and I'll buy a pair tomorrow.
1971 Lambretta DL
levain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 06:16 PM   #10
ssevy
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 850
I agree with Jim. Batteries are a deal breaker for me. I would have to buy the extra pair at an additional $50, and then charge them while I ride. A great solution would be to have the cable send the current to the battery in the glove and power the glove simultaneously, so that when you are hard wired, it is doing both jobs at once. If this means too complex a circuit, then just hard wired for me.

PS- I had to double check your site, as I have "Velocity Gear" summer gloves, which are fantastic, and at first I thought you might be the same guy. Your stuff looks really nice too. Does it meet any of the CE specs?
ssevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 08:45 PM   #11
dseric
Living for Adventure

Oddometer: 262
Awesome looking gloves!!

I have the Warmnsafe Ultimate Touring and bought them as they were the only gloves out there that had protection and not just a "ski glove" with heat.

Agree as well with batteries. Nothing is worse than having a battery go south for any device(think cell phone and the like) or you forgot to charge them the evening before.

Any sort of redundancy hard wire option would be ideal.
Old 02-10-2014, 06:46 PM   #12
ssevy
Studly Adventurer

Where did everybody go?
Old 02-12-2014, 09:37 AM   #13
Cromoth
Inspection due 5_31

Oddometer: 570
rain

any customers/you have a video of how much water goes down the cuff in a good rain?

My Gerbing G3's have a cuff with a pull string that really seals. However I wear them inside the sleeve & haven't had a problem with leaks. Other areas get wet tho'. Are you considering adding this kind of cuff?

Another upgrade could be a finger pad to allow phone use while wearing gloves.
Cromoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 09:12 AM   #14
Velocity Sportsgear OP
Adventurer

Heated Gloves

Yes our stuff meets CE specifications.

The direct to battery controller will be available by this spring/summer. Batteries just means no wires but we will also give you the other option. Check out our website about a lot of other heated apparel we do.
1-855-670-9298
Old 02-13-2014, 03:26 PM   #15
ssevy
Studly Adventurer

Thanks. Can you please provide details regarding which CE testing your gloves have passed, and also how is the wired version going to operate? Do these also contain a battery which will be charging when they are plugged in, or are they just a hard wired glove with a temperature controller between the gloves and the battery?