User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-23-2013, 10:38 PM   #1
WTFMATE OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 51
Advride vietnam tours

Anyone been on a tour with this mob? Looking to do a ride with them in the next few months.

Advridevietnam.com
WTFMATE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 03:18 PM   #2
WTFMATE OP
Adventurer

Or has anyone got any recommendations on which tour company does good offroad tours in north vietnam ?
Old 12-25-2013, 12:59 AM   #3
BitShuffler
Adventurer

Oddometer: 28
Have a chat to Hien and the guys at Dirtbike Travel - http://www.dirtbiketravel.com/ or http://www.tripadvisor.com.au/Attrac...vel-Hanoi.html. They'll get you to a lot of places the other tour companies don't even know about. I know and ride with the blokes behind it and they really are a great, genuine bunch of guys.
BitShuffler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 04:58 PM   #4
WTFMATE OP
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BitShuffler View Post
Have a chat to Hien and the guys at Dirtbike Travel - http://www.dirtbiketravel.com/ or http://www.tripadvisor.com.au/Attrac...vel-Hanoi.html. They'll get you to a lot of places the other tour companies don't even know about. I know and ride with the blokes behind it and they really are a great, genuine bunch of guys.
That is exactly what I'm after! Thanks
Old 01-24-2014, 01:02 AM   #5
Hanoi Steve
Adventurer

Oddometer: 10
Motorcycle tours Vietnam

The best and most reliable guy in Hanoi for all things bikes is Cuong.
He operates guided tours on Ural 650, 2013 Honda CRF 250, XR 125 and Classic Army Jeeps.

http://www.cuongs-motorbike-adventure.com

He also rents out bikes 2013 Honda XR 125. Fitted out with saddle bags and ready to hit the road. It os possible to rent in Hanoi and drop them off in Danang or HCMC, he charges a fees to ship them back to Hanoi, but works great if you want to drive the Ho Chi Minh highway from North to South.

Check out some of his cool videos
Hanoi Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 11:04 AM   #6
Crown Imperial
Double Unicorn

Oddometer: 25
Solo Nam

If you are open to touring without a guide you can rent a two stroke Minsk 175 for what I believe was less than $20 a day. In fact it may have been less than $10.
IMO you don't need a guide for Norther Nam. The roads are fairly descent, people are hospitable and there is a reasonable amount of infrastructure in case of emergencies. Back in 2008 it took me about one week to ride from Hanoi to Sapa. From Sapa, you can through the bike on the overnight train going back to Hanoi and spend the night in a 4 person sleeping cabin.

I have more pics of the Minsk somewhere. If you want them just say so.

Crown Imperial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 12:29 AM   #7
towboatcrisco
Adventurer

Oddometer: 21
Here Here

Ill second Hanoi Steve's assessment ! ! Im just back from Vietnam and myself and my girlfriend did a tour with Cuong's motorbike Adventure ! it was one of the best tours ive done in the last 10yrs of travelling ! Cant say enough about the tour / or the Man . We did other trips in the south and none even came close to what Cuong delivered . Im looking at going back for a 10-12 day trip , we only did a 4-5 day as that all we had time for . Good luck on your trip and choose wisely
towboatcrisco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 06:20 PM   #8
Comrade Art
Working stiff

Oddometer: 512
I'll third Hanoi Steve's assessment. A few years ago my buddy and I rode from Hanoi to HCMC and we rented bikes from Cuong. Cuong’s website says, “You will meet our person in HCMC where the bike will be inspected, deposit will be returned to you.” True to his words, when we reached Saigon it took Cuong’s man 1 hour to meet us, looked over the bikes and handed me an envelope with my entire cash deposit

"All human beings by nature desire to know" - Aristotle
Comrade Art is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 03:08 PM   #9
Simonhantler
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFMATE View Post
Anyone been on a tour with this mob? Looking to do a ride with them in the next few months.

Advridevietnam.com
I've been doing lots of homework on who to rent a bike from in hanoi. in the process all the feedback I've got for great tour operators (in order of rating) are Cuongs bikes, offroadvietnam (who wont rent me a bike because i was to demanding with my questions).
also a guy in vietanne laos who has great bikes WR450 is jules classic rental. good french bloke, sounds like a real dirt bike adventure rather than mostly paved. depends what you want. Laos sounds more adventurous than vietnam.
I'm going to rent for a month and follow my nose, oh and the vietnamese women.
Simonhantler is online now   Reply With Quote