Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-14-2014, 06:31 AM   #4906
Switchblade315
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,321
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyQ View Post
Nah its a good little bike just behind to much stuff in the shop to easily get out on a regular basis. Amazing how something so simple could be so much fun.

Went to install the Acerbis handguards last night and stoopid suzuki welded a plug inside each end of the stock handlebar. So I'm off to Got Gear today to grab a nice alumium bar either Renthal or Pro Taper or what ever they have in stock. New grips, bars and hand guards it should be good to go then.

I've ran into that before on a dirt bike but we cut the ends off anyway to make it easier to get between trees. you can cut a 1/8th of a inch off the end and get that plug out.

"My mind jumped off the high dive into the deep end of the gutter and took scuba gear with it" Me.
Switchblade315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 06:43 AM   #4907
RoyQ
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,132
Quote:
Originally Posted by Switchblade315 View Post
I've ran into that before on a dirt bike but we cut the ends off anyway to make it easier to get between trees. you can cut a 1/8th of a inch off the end and get that plug out.
Thought about doing that but the stock bars are already very narrow. It won't be used in the woods in between trees so a 32" regular aluminum bar off the shelf will be fine. Actually better for making the handguards fit, not much room up there wtih huge blinkers and front brake line hose routed in the way. Plus the bend/height on the stockers is crap, she hates the angle and I agree.

I actually believe the end is not a plug cap but a steel rod added in the bar and tack welded on the end for vibration absorption and cutting it would be tough and it would still be in there. They did it this way because they didn't have to use bar ends on it. My DR650 had bar ends and a hollow bar.
WERA Expert #826
RoyQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 07:29 AM   #4908
Switchblade315
Beastly Adventurer

I don't remember what stock set of bars we cut the plug out of but the plug was about two inched long. And like you I think it was there as a bar end replacment. But we just cut the bar about a 1/8 inch back from the end just enough to cut through the bar its self all the way around and not the plug and then pulled the plug out. But after the first time it hit the ground they where replaced with renthals anyway. They do normally feel better anyway. This is one thing that this new CB500X worrys me with. It has a bend like a quad. I have heard of some useing renthal quad bars on it.

"My mind jumped off the high dive into the deep end of the gutter and took scuba gear with it" Me.
Old 02-16-2014, 12:00 PM   #4909
AGrant
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 258
Where did I ride in MS today? Work! Uhgh!
Old 02-16-2014, 12:06 PM   #4910
AGrant
Gnarly Adventurer

Hey RoyQ. Next time you get that Suzuki out, let me know. I'll go ride with ya. I just picked up a KLX250s and need to get it dirty!
Old 02-16-2014, 12:09 PM   #4911
AGrant
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyQ View Post
Nah its a good little bike just behind to much stuff in the shop to easily get out on a regular basis. Amazing how something so simple could be so much fun.

Went to install the Acerbis handguards last night and stoopid suzuki welded a plug inside each end of the stock handlebar. So I'm off to Got Gear today to grab a nice alumium bar either Renthal or Pro Taper or what ever they have in stock. New grips, bars and hand guards it should be good to go then.
Hey RoyQ. Next time you get that Suzuki out, let me know. I'll go ride with ya. I just picked up a KLX250s and need to get it dirty!
Old 02-16-2014, 05:36 PM   #4912
Switchblade315
Beastly Adventurer

well me and Stef spent the day on the new 500X, Let BZShadow barrow the FZ cause it needed to be road as well. Went down and ate some of Mr D's chicken, man they where busy today. the little bike preformed super, got 68.9mpg and at no point did I feel it was lacking in power. we swapped bikes on the way back and BZ said Honda did something right with this bike. once I get all the mods done and some highway pegs the FZ may be on the market.

Old 02-17-2014, 03:34 PM   #4913
babarnette
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 903
I rode to work today. Felt good to get out and ride again even though I'm still a little sick.

Edit: Made a short reservoir loop on my way home from work too.

babarnette screwed with this post 02-17-2014 at 06:22 PM
babarnette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 09:49 PM   #4914
therealjared
Adventurer

Oddometer: 52
I was able to get out for a short ride the other day for the first time since the baby was born. I stuck fairly close to home, and decided to go up to Sand Mountain near Walthall now that deer season is over. Quite a view for Mississippi!

therealjared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 10:43 PM   #4915
Anticyclone
Ride more worry less

Oddometer: 5,429
^^^^^

That's a nice area to ride
Anticyclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 06:19 AM   #4916
Supahflid
Wheelieless

Oddometer: 3,652
Quote:
Originally Posted by therealjared View Post
I was able to get out for a short ride the other day for the first time since the baby was born. I stuck fairly close to home, and decided to go up to Sand Mountain near Walthall now that deer season is over. Quite a view for Mississippi!

Great pics! I thought milk crates were reserved for KLR owners?
Supahflid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 03:00 PM   #4917
AGrant
Gnarly Adventurer

Went for a ride today!

Soccer game got canceled. Had to wrk for a little while. Then off to explore. Somewhere in Madison County.

Old 02-22-2014, 04:51 PM   #4918
backwoodsKLR
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 9,422
Went for an interesting "cruiser" ride. Met a friend on a Star Cruiser and he brought along a buddy on a VMAX and another on a VTX. So I invited a KTM and off we went. Their long ride consisted of Pearl / Brandon to Tommie's Trading Post on 43. Break and rest, and then return.
backwoodsKLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 05:37 PM   #4919
Switchblade315
Beastly Adventurer

well i cleaned my shop after I got out from under my house this morning, then got my Raptor out and unleashed the mighty power of that beast. Holy Crap that thing is fun. then went and picked up a 05 Chevy Tahoe to clean up fix a electrical problem and flip for a quick buck. anyone looking for a nice ride. I know 90 % of the history on this one and it's been well taken care of.

Old 02-22-2014, 05:43 PM   #4920
therealjared
Adventurer

Oddometer: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supahflid View Post
Great pics! I thought milk crates were reserved for KLR owners?
Nah, just folks on a KLR owner's budget.
therealjared is offline   Reply With Quote