Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-14-2014, 08:44 AM   #916
steveWFL
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,343
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian B View Post
Yes, there have been a number of Lynx's fitted to the EXC's of that vintage and the current KTM 690 Lynx kit fits straight on. HOWEVER, the big issue is both stator power and that the OEM headlight circuit is AC, not DC. It's just about possible to run the Lynx HID's with the existing stator, but the OEM light circuit needs to be switched to DC to 'trigger' the Lynx wiring harness's relays. All in all, the bikes need a staor upgrade to run the Lynx really ( and any other decent lights for that matter )

Cheers Ian
I've upgraded my 2009 EXC 530 stator to higher power and the bike is also now DC (trailtech stator and rectifier). Can you send me link of exactly which kit fits it? Thanks
'99 ZX9R - because I like the other one so much
'08 ZZR600 minty
steveWFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 09:02 AM   #917
dionbilt
energetic beginner

Oddometer: 237
Quote:
Yes, there have been a number of Lynx's fitted to the EXC's of that vintage and the current KTM 690 Lynx kit fits straight on. HOWEVER, the big issue is both stator power and that the OEM headlight circuit is AC, not DC. It's just about possible to run the Lynx HID's with the existing stator, but the OEM light circuit needs to be switched to DC to 'trigger' the Lynx wiring harness's relays. All in all, the bikes need a staor upgrade to run the Lynx really ( and any other decent lights for that matter )

Cheers Ian
I did the TrailTech 100W DC conversion kit. I run the TrailTech HID X2 head light right now, while I love the output of the light, I'm not impressed with the workings of it. I have heard others complain of the delay of the lights coming on, and its the same for me. When I switch from the low beam bulb to the high beam bulb I pretty much lose light for about way to long for night driving. So I did some rewire of the switch and made it so when I go from low bulb to high bulb they all burn. It helped but at times I will lose all light. Not sure if this is something in my Doctor Enduro dual sport kit I installed or if this is normal? Trailtech said it was the bike but I have my reservations about that since I have seen other hid lights do the same. but I also dont know a hell of a lot So any input would be great. and your light system is way better looking than the TrailTech light. i will be looking at getting one for a winter remodel of the bike.
dionbilt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 09:22 AM   #918
MtnRider2
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 101
For the 1st Gen KLR are you changing things up with the lighting as well to offer Baja Designs or keeping it just a Phoenix?
MtnRider2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 10:02 AM   #919
Dubl-A
CHATA FUKUP!

Oddometer: 1,580
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubl-A View Post
TIGER 800 Model ASAP!!! (please lol)

NEW Scorpion Passport XL suit for sale
Dubl-A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 10:47 AM   #920
Ian B OP
Fairing Manufacturer

Oddometer: 574
Quote:
Originally Posted by dionbilt View Post
I did the TrailTech 100W DC conversion kit. I run the TrailTech HID X2 head light right now, while I love the output of the light, I'm not impressed with the workings of it. I have heard others complain of the delay of the lights coming on, and its the same for me. When I switch from the low beam bulb to the high beam bulb I pretty much lose light for about way to long for night driving. So I did some rewire of the switch and made it so when I go from low bulb to high bulb they all burn. It helped but at times I will lose all light. Not sure if this is something in my Doctor Enduro dual sport kit I installed or if this is normal? Trailtech said it was the bike but I have my reservations about that since I have seen other hid lights do the same. but I also dont know a hell of a lot So any input would be great. and your light system is way better looking than the TrailTech light. i will be looking at getting one for a winter remodel of the bike.
All our wiring harnesses are configured so that the low remains on when Hi is switched and the HID delay these days is very small.
Old 02-14-2014, 10:49 AM   #921
Ian B OP
Fairing Manufacturer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnRider2 View Post
For the 1st Gen KLR are you changing things up with the lighting as well to offer Baja Designs or keeping it just a Phoenix?
No, the Phoenix remains as is, but just about everbody now goes for the twin HID with the new lower pricing. I'm afraid the Phoenix is in it's last year now.Very little demand as the model gets older
Old 02-14-2014, 10:54 AM   #922
Ian B OP
Fairing Manufacturer

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveWFL View Post
I've upgraded my 2009 EXC 530 stator to higher power and the bike is also now DC (trailtech stator and rectifier). Can you send me link of exactly which kit fits it? Thanks
It's the KTM 690/625/640/500 model choice and you will also so a PDF of the installation instructions lower down on this page http://www.britanniacomposites.com/i...tmenu/lynxmenu
Old 02-14-2014, 10:56 AM   #923
Ian B OP
Fairing Manufacturer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubl-A View Post
I break out into a sweat everytime someone mentions the Tiger. I've looked at it and it would be an absolute pain to do, the way they have designed it ! Is the OEM that bad ?
Old 02-14-2014, 11:13 AM   #924
Dubl-A
CHATA FUKUP!

Oddometer: 1,580
Quote:
I break out into a sweat everytime someone mentions the Tiger. I've looked at it and it would be an absolute pain to do, the way they have designed it ! Is the OEM that bad ?

Not terrible, but I'm a huge fan of the way these products look and function.

Dont give up, sweat it out!

NEW Scorpion Passport XL suit for sale
Dubl-A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 11:05 AM   #925
henrymartin
Mr. Tourguide

Oddometer: 3,294
I'm currently awaiting Ian's Lynx to put on my Wr250R. I'll be posting a link to the installation as soon as it gets here

So far, I've seen only one WRR with the Lynx, and it looked pretty good and functional as well.
henrymartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 07:24 PM   #926
Muramasa57
Adventurer

Oddometer: 18
WR250r Lynx Fairing pics

I was in the same spot as you, I could only find a few pics of a Yamaha WR250R/X with a Lynx. Since installing my own I feel I'm obligated to contribute to the internet's collective knowledge in the hopes it will help somebody else decide.

I just went out to the garage and snapped these pics w/ my phone.

Muramasa57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 07:48 PM   #927
Ian B OP
Fairing Manufacturer

Well, I guess while we are at it, I should show off my own WR Lynx ! Yes, I know it's blue and that's not an option on the website, but this one was specially painted for me and was an absolute $#^%*% to colourmatch apparently ! You'll also notice it looks slightly different from the previous photos. Mine is the latest one with a slightly better mounting system.

Cheers Ian
Old 02-17-2014, 08:59 PM   #928
henrymartin
Mr. Tourguide

Oddometer: 3,294
Quote:
Well, I guess while we are at it, I should show off my own WR Lynx ! Yes, I know it's blue and that's not an option on the website, but this one was specially painted for me and was an absolute $#^%*% to colourmatch apparently ! You'll also notice it looks slightly different from the previous photos. Mine is the latest one with a slightly better mounting system.

Cheers Ian
Well, I hope that's what I'm getting

The latest.
henrymartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 12:47 AM   #929
Reeksy
high state of hiatus

Oddometer: 863
Woah!!! Bit of a head fuck that Ian. I live on the Sunshine Coast .... Australia.

Quote:

Cheers Ian

Reeksy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 07:47 AM   #930
Jettn Jim
This is Liv'n!!!

Oddometer: 1,650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muramasa57 View Post
I was in the same spot as you, I could only find a few pics of a Yamaha WR250R/X with a Lynx. Since installing my own I feel I'm obligated to contribute to the internet's collective knowledge in the hopes it will help somebody else decide.

I just went out to the garage and snapped these pics w/ my phone.
Hey Muramasa57 nice looking bike... one question? Who's laminar setup have you got mounted to the top of your screen? I like that a lot for the long cross continent rides! And where is the lowest point you can remove it when in the woods?
Ok two questions sorry...

Thank you,
JJ
Jettn Jim is offline   Reply With Quote