Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-13-2014, 05:57 PM   #16
cycleman2
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 521
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveBall View Post
Cycleman2, If you know the exact sizes or better yet the part number, give Shane a call and Shail's. They have parts books and microfiche going back to when your bike was new, and beyond. They will probably have them in stock and will ship via mail or whatever method you want. They only charge exactly what the shipping really is. i.e. if it fits in an padded envelope, probably a couple of bucks.
Thanks. I've sent them an email. I know some of our locals that get the odd part from them, so I'm familiar with them but have never ordered anything so we'll see how it goes.
Old 02-16-2014, 06:49 AM   #17
fyr
iRoast Coffee

Oddometer: 1,278
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackd View Post
So we have our own online source up here north of the border... I like their prices on oil filters. How are their shipping costs?
I bought 135$ worth of gaskets and what not.
Box measures 12"/9"/2.5"
Cost to ship was 10$

Ive got an exhaust nut and 2xvalve cover gasket coming and shipping is again around 10. Came 3 days after they said it would.

So i have 2 places so far in good ol Canuckland that i like this year for my moto needs

Cheers
Old 02-16-2014, 08:35 AM   #18
Country Doc
Wanderer

Oddometer: 2,681
That's great to find out about airheadpartsonline. Looks like an excellent place - I'm always up for using a supplier on this side of the border.

dc
Country Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 04:58 PM   #19
fyr
iRoast Coffee

Oddometer: 1,278
Quote:
Originally Posted by Country Doc View Post
That's great to find out about airheadpartsonline. Looks like an excellent place - I'm always up for using a supplier on this side of the border.

dc
Yeah I fluked out I guess.. I was looking for parts for my R65 and posted to Kijiji and got a reply to check out that site.. So I did.. Started up a convo with the owner and found out he was the one who replied... I was looking at the States for parts but he is equal or if not betters the price..

Anyhow my local BMW dealer is not a fan of carrying airhead parts.. Nice to have folks like this that can get the goodies for these old bikes...