Any chance of ladies sizes?
Old 02-21-2014, 01:05 PM   #197
Domiken OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 640
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChildlikeWonder View Post
Any chance of ladies sizes?
Not yet, we will post up once they are available.

Domiken screwed with this post 02-21-2014 at 01:17 PM
Domiken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 01:41 PM   #198
Domiken OP
Studly Adventurer

Regarding the previous drama brought by random members/competitors, we will reiterate what has already been posted. Our product has been tested by TUV Rheinland and has passed the tests related to EN 13595-1. Our product is CE Certified under the European Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Directive. We will not be posting our technical file or any other internal documentation related to the tests. Due to the irrational posts made by others, we will not be answering any other questions regarding this topic.
Old 04-13-2014, 06:03 PM   #199
Neo9686
n00b

Oddometer: 4
Hi, your product is really good, I'm really interested but I have some question... First of all, I apologize for my english, then I have to apologize again if I will touch an exposed nerve with some of my questions.

- I am italian, I am used to low-waist pants and a good looking shaped pant. If I understand correctly, this jean could correspond cause it is not a simple american cut (large and boxy), right?

- I didn't read all of the discussions about the certification. If I understand correctly, your product did match and pass all of the 3 standard tests right? It will not have it marked on an inside tag?

- Is it coming in black? I'd really enjoy it in black.

- What model of protectors are those? Don't seem net armour model to me, did Forcefield a special model for you only? Are they CE 1 or 2?

- How much will it cost to deliver it in Italy? I'm in Rome.

Thank you very much for your reply and your time.

Stefano

Neo9686 screwed with this post 04-13-2014 at 06:32 PM
Neo9686 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 06:19 AM   #200
Domiken OP
Studly Adventurer

Hi Stefano, check the answers below:

Hi, your product is really good, I'm really interested but I have some question... First of all, I apologize for my english, then I have to apologize again if I will touch an exposed nerve with some of my questions.
You English is great, no worries

- I am italian, I am used to low-waist pants and a good looking shaped pant. If I understand correctly, this jean could correspond cause it is not a simple american cut (large and boxy), right?
Yes, that is correct. It is a straight leg cut, not baggy, not tight, not boxy, just right. To clarify further, they are not skinny jeans.

- I didn't read all of the discussions about the certification. If I understand correctly, your product did match and pass all of the 3 standard tests right? It will not have it marked on an inside tag?
Yes, per European requirements/guidelines, it will be marked on the inside.

- Is it coming in black? I'd really enjoy it in black.
We will be releasing a black soon.

- What model of protectors are those? Don't seem net armour model to me, did Forcefield a special model for you only? Are they CE 1 or 2?
Forcefield Body Armour, we worked with them to supply the armour for our specifications. They are EN1621-1

- How much will it cost to deliver it in Italy? I'm in Rome.
I will PM you with a price, there are several quotes based on different carriers.
Old 04-14-2014, 07:15 AM   #201
Neo9686
n00b

Oddometer: 4
Thank you very much Domiken
Neo9686 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 09:34 AM   #202
JamesM
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 105
You have mentioned in the past these are more of a 501 cut. how close to a 501 are they? After ordering others based on the same claim, I ended up returning them all since they had the shape of a potato sack. 501's tend to fit like a glove on my "athletic" build. Which is a good thing. Ps. I'm a 32x32.

I'm excited to support a fellow ADV rider.
JamesM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 10:15 AM   #203
Domiken OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesM View Post
You have mentioned in the past these are more of a 501 cut. how close to a 501 are they? After ordering others based on the same claim, I ended up returning them all since they had the shape of a potato sack. 501's tend to fit like a glove on my "athletic" build. Which is a good thing. Ps. I'm a 32x32.

I'm excited to support a fellow ADV rider.
I have the same athletic build you do and wear that exact size, while I can't make the claim that they are exactly like 501's because its our own design, they are definitely nowhere near a potato sack. This is something we made very clear to the designer when making these.
Old 05-05-2014, 07:01 PM   #204
jokermtb
Blues Ripper

Oddometer: 112
I just ordered me up a pair - Domiken was very helpful in making my sizing selection - I had A LOT of questions..... Can't wait to see these smartly designed jeans show up at my door!
Old 05-05-2014, 08:31 PM   #205
baddrapp
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 165
Do you have a discount code?
baddrapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 10:36 PM   #206
V-Stormer
Bush Basher

Oddometer: 103
Yeah, similar to the previous poster I'm interested to know if you will have another 20% discount in 2014 for ADVRider inmates like you originally offered in this thread last year?

On a design note . . . a diamond gusset design would wear longer and be more comfortable in the critical area where regular jean seams tend to get a lot of wear in the saddle. Just sayin' . . .
V-Stormer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 04:05 AM   #207
Domiken OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jokermtb View Post
I just ordered me up a pair - Domiken was very helpful in making my sizing selection - I had A LOT of questions..... Can't wait to see these smartly designed jeans show up at my door!
Thanks again for your order. Feel free to ask away, we are always available to help, especially figuring out the proper fit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by baddrapp View Post
Do you have a discount code?
PM'd

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-Stormer View Post
Yeah, similar to the previous poster I'm interested to know if you will have another 20% discount in 2014 for ADVRider inmates like you originally offered in this thread last year?

On a design note . . . a diamond gusset design would wear longer and be more comfortable in the critical area where regular jean seams tend to get a lot of wear in the saddle. Just sayin' . . .
We offer inmates a discount, but it's not 20%, that was a promotional discount when we first launched early last year.

Thanks for the suggestion, we will look into it.
Old 05-06-2014, 06:04 AM   #208
V-Stormer
Bush Basher

Oddometer: 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by Domiken View Post
Thanks again for your order. Feel free to ask away, we are always available to help, especially figuring out the proper fit.

PM'd

We offer inmates a discount, but it's not 20%, that was a promotional discount when we first launched early last year.

Thanks for the suggestion, we will look into it.

And that discount would be . . . ?
V-Stormer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 06:20 AM   #209
Domiken OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-Stormer View Post
And that discount would be . . . ?
Feel free to contact me via PM. Not breaking forum rules here as you guys know our price is $259.99, we will gladly help fellow inmates, but at the moment cannot post it up.
Old 06-11-2014, 12:44 PM   #210
jokermtb
Blues Ripper

Oddometer: 112
I've been enjoying my LAJ's for a month or so now, and I must say 'Why did I wait so long!!!???" Seriously, these pants are incredibly comfortable to wear. As for the fit, I tried on 3 different pairs, and finally figured it out. Domiken has you physically measure out your favorite jeans, flat across the waist. My favorite jeans were quite stretched out, so that fudged my measurements. I measured jeans straight out of the dryer, and measured some jeans that weren't so sacked out, and averaged those numbers. Since LAJ uses spandex in their mix, you can err on the 'tighter' side when measuring your jeans. So, measure your favorite jeans, fresh out of the dryer, then round up a 1/4-1/2 inch or so - the LAJ spandex does make a huge difference. Either way, Domiken was very helpful in facilitating dialing in the sizes, so I didn't mind paying for shipping a few pairs to try (I did put two pair on my CC, and refunded one). For my daily moto commute, I wear the LAJ's, and leave em on for the whole day. Nobody at my office is the wiser, since they look like regular jeans - even with the hip and knee pads installed. Truly stealth-ware/wear. And, the bit o' spandex in the jeans makes them, I dare say it, even more comfortable to sit long hours at my workstation than my regular cotton Levi 559's that I like.

As for on the bike comfort - they are a revelation for comfort. I normally commute wearing overpants, and for those of you who do still, you know that wearing TWO pairs of pants is not an optimal comfort solution. I loved riding in my Levi's, but knew full well that they only offered protection from bugs, not pavement! LAJ's truly feel like you're riding around in your regular jeans - it's gotta be the smooth liner that contributes to the comfort of these pants. So far, I've ridden in temps as high as mid/high 80's and noticed none of the 'plastic bag' feeling I often got with my overpants. Not sure how they did it, but LAJ don't make my legs feel hot at all, when the temperatures get hot. My longest ride so far was about 3 hrs long - a mixture of dirt roads and pavement, all on my Vstrom 650. The ride demonstrated to me how nice these pants are for long rides - no bunching up in the crotch (usually I'm 'repositioning' my man-bits after a while when using overpants, or even normal jeans), the pads 'disappear' while riding - you don't notice em, only the great feel of just riding in jeans is what's there....

I don't often say it, but these pants are worth every penny - get a pair.