Steve G.
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 6,617
Quote:
Originally Posted by yamalama View Post
Are there "angry hippies" somewhere ?
Did I miss something ?
Hippies, you say?

Angry hippies are hippies that are angry because they've finally realized that their version of the utopian welfare state has run out of money, somebody elses money.
Steve G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 08:58 PM   #33
WillieKing
n00b

Oddometer: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrEarl View Post
We can talk about wanting our BC sawmills to be hard at work, but who's buying the lumber?? And in the meantime, if you can cut down a 60 year old forest, sell those trees to the Asian market, and then plant another forest, why wouldn't we.
Seriously? Surely you are being sarcastic. ..?
WillieKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 03:56 PM   #34
somethingnuw
Adventurer

Oddometer: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercenary View Post
A few of the mills that were shut down here in the northern interior are running again. Our primary market remains the US market and it will stay that way for the forseeable future.

The problem with giving away raw logs...or any raw resource is that very few people here in Canada actually benefit from it. We'd be much further ahead if we could develop the industries that utilize the raw resources better and then sell the finish product to the markets that need them. Oil, minerals, wood.....you name it....we'd be better off producing something here in Canada rather than sending it overseas and then buying it back at a greatly increased price.
amen to you brother... glad someone else see's it that way... time to stop thinking about short term
somethingnuw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 04:08 PM   #35
somethingnuw
Adventurer

Oddometer: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunnerbuck View Post
Get a grip Steve, if I was against resource extraction I wouldn't have a job... What I would like to see is some value added thought put into the way it is done... As I stated before, even with unprecedented resource extraction revenues coming in, the governments continue to run a deficit... So maybe instead of opening up more resource extraction fronts the powers that be should change the way they piss through the huge revenue already generated...

I do believe you when you say you could care less about the future generations with the way you present your me, myself and I views, but everyone is entitled to an opinion...

As for myself, I do have kids and I hope something is left for them and their kids...
agreed to what he said. Im in the same boat with kids...

People need to wrk... resource are our work in Canada... we just need to balance money with what's right... that's why i don't stand behind enbridge pipleline... its in the wrong place... find a better route... just saying

gov't have forgotten they work for us... we lost track of that somewhere and gov't have slowly been taking our freedoms for years one hair at a time... 30 years from now i hate to see where we are at... we'll all look back and say, "man did we have it good back in 2014"

the term Crown land is wrong... it should be called the people's land ... you know for those that pay taxes to the gov't so they can keep their jobs and stupid huge pensions after 5 years of service... lmfao... at least if we call it the people land when the gov't tries to steal it ( oh ya not stealing legislate it) away from us maybe they will think twice...

Vancouver Island is a joke... i hunted their in the early 2000's was kept out with gates... then i had to take a course on how to crap in the woods... i kid you not

soon the only way to really enjoy land will be to own it... and the rest of us that can't afford it will work for the lords that can!!!
somethingnuw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 07:28 PM   #36
Steve G.
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 6,617
Quote:
Originally Posted by somethingnuw View Post
agreed to what he said. Im in the same boat with kids...

People need to wrk... resource are our work in Canada... we just need to balance money with what's right... that's why i don't stand behind enbridge pipleline... its in the wrong place... find a better route... just saying

gov't have forgotten they work for us... we lost track of that somewhere and gov't have slowly been taking our freedoms for years one hair at a time... 30 years from now i hate to see where we are at... we'll all look back and say, "man did we have it good back in 2014"

the term Crown land is wrong... it should be called the people's land ... you know for those that pay taxes to the gov't so they can keep their jobs and stupid huge pensions after 5 years of service... lmfao... at least if we call it the people land when the gov't tries to steal it ( oh ya not stealing legislate it) away from us maybe they will think twice...

Vancouver Island is a joke... i hunted their in the early 2000's was kept out with gates... then i had to take a course on how to crap in the woods... i kid you not

soon the only way to really enjoy land will be to own it... and the rest of us that can't afford it will work for the lords that can!!!
Looks like you've gone through your whole list of wanks haven't you?
Gotta sell resources, but just enough. Change the name of crown land. Cut the pensions of 308 civil servants. Vancouver Island is a joke cause you can't shit anywhere. Fix those, and we have the future covered.
Steve G. is offline   Reply With Quote