ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-03-2014, 09:13 AM   #1
mrxinpa OP
Just Get Out and Ride !!!

Oddometer: 1,483
MTDR Spring Trail Ride Loretta Lynn's April 4-6th

It's that time of year again to be thinking about the Spring Trail Ride at Loretta Lynn's Ranch. The Middle Tennessee Dirt Riders put on a really nice three day event. This event is for "off road" bikes & ATV's. Usually draws 800people for the weekend. One fee gets you three days of riding. The camping facilities at Loretta's are top notch!

Yes over the years this event has had its ups & downs that's a whole other discussion, but generally if your following normal camping rules & not getting carried away your on your own to have a great time. I've been coming to these events for 12+yrs & never been hastled by "the man".

Bring the kids there's a beginners loop for the tiny tikes, I'll have two hopefully without training wheels this year.

Here's the link to MTDR for mire info & registration forms. Hope to see a few of you FF there on the trails or over a cold one by the campfire!
http://www.mtdr.org/MTDREventsList.php?

Countdown Clocks

80 CB900 Custom(Restoring)

mrxinpa screwed with this post 02-23-2014 at 04:37 AM
mrxinpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 01:42 PM   #2
citationman
Adventurer

Oddometer: 41
Glad to see it's going to happen again. I heard that the fall ride was the last one.
Old 01-07-2014, 02:55 PM   #3
mrxinpa OP

Quote:
Originally Posted by citationman View Post
I heard that the fall ride was the last one.
Unfortunately we didn't make it down for the fall ride last year.

Mind if I ask where ya heard that and or for what reason would it have been the last?

I have no affiliation with either club MTDR's which host the spring ride or the Southern Woods Riders who host the fall ride. I do have contacts in the area & have been attending these events for 12+yrs. I would hate to see either one of them taken away!
Old 01-07-2014, 04:55 PM   #4
sallydog
no more Green KLR

Oddometer: 5,308
Heaven's the place where all the dogs you've ever loved come to greet you
sallydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 07:43 AM   #5
Wallachian Spikes
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 804
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrxinpa View Post
It's that time of year again to be thinking about the Spring Trail Ride at Loretta Lynn's Ranch. The Middle Tennessee Dirt Riders put on a really nice three day event. This event is for "off road" bikes & ATV's. Usually draws 800people for the weekend. One fee gets you three days of riding. The camping facilities at Loretta's are top notch!

Yes over the years this event has had its ups & downs that's a whole other discussion, but generally if your following normal camping rules & not getting carried away your on your own to have a great time. I've been coming to these events for 12+yrs & never been hastled by "the man".

Bring the kids there's a beginners loop for the tiny tikes, I'll have two hopefully without training wheels this year.

Here's the link to MTDR for mire info & registration forms. Hope to see a few of you FF there on the trails or over a cold one by the campfire!
http://www.mtdr.org/MTDREventsList.php?
Yes let's make it a point to finally meet & relax by the fire over a fermented beverage or two. It seems like you & I are the only ADVriders who consistently get excited about the Spring/Fall trail rides at Loretta Lynn's. That's surprising as the event is always first class & is my favorite ride of the year. Half the price of the LBL 200 & you get 3 days of riding vs. 2 days at LBL.

This event is all about family fun & not a race. I think that may turn off some of the really fast guys but, there are always fast guys out there who spank my a$$ like a baby. Everyone seems to be very cool about pulling over for the fast guys & I haven't seen any attitudes/ disrespect on the trail. Just good fun & a lot of happy faces.

Here's me at the 2013 Fall event, with my bad knees & intermediate skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uqs5SMqbds
Wallachian Spikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 03:53 PM   #6
iamzen
n00b

Oddometer: 5
Loretta's

I'll be there guys. I have been a few times and had a blast. Missed this past fall and last spring I crashed and had complete MCL tear! what a day.... I'm looking forward to some spring redemption!!
iamzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 06:21 AM   #7
mrxinpa OP

Not sure how many of you know that this event covers three days of riding for $45

The ride and it's timing are setup to help the Club and race organizers cut in the race course that will be used the following month on a GNCC Grand National Cross Country Hare Scramble..

The GNCC Race Date is set for May 10 & 11th. This year JCR/Honda have announced that his race team will no longer be competing in the SCORE off road events such as the BAJA500 &1000. Instead Johnnt Campbell will be supporting and attending the GNCC racing series. What an opportunity to get out and watch a true professional race team in action!

Hope to see more of the ADV Community come out & attend this event!

Jeff
Old 01-31-2014, 02:13 PM   #8
mrxinpa OP

Well with the weather in the North being for Crap of late. Actually its been just about as cold down in Jackson TN as it has up in Allentown PA...

Anyway I got my new Flywheel and Stator finially installed on the EXC . Been without lights and Legal stuff for over a year now and with the Enduro Season about to start it was time to get after it.

Bike prep for Loretta Lynn's is underway for the Kids bikes. Have to change out a carb on one bike. Sprockets and chains and tires for the other. Mom may be getting a new ride before LL this year. Keeping an eye out for a CRF150!!
Old 01-31-2014, 04:57 PM   #9
sallydog
no more Green KLR

finally warmed up down here
Old 02-10-2014, 11:01 AM   #10
mrxinpa OP

Less than two months away!!! Cant Wait.

Just freshened up the Top End for Sallydog riding my old YZ250!!!! Still need to replace stearing head bearings and rear wheel bearings!

Come on Spring!!!!
Old 02-11-2014, 06:30 AM   #11
sallydog
no more Green KLR

i cant wait either. yz250, the fool bus made it south
Old 02-12-2014, 01:00 PM   #12
citationman
Adventurer

Oddometer: 41
Quote:
Unfortunately we didn't make it down for the fall ride last year.

Mind if I ask where ya heard that and or for what reason would it have been the last?

I have no affiliation with either club MTDR's which host the spring ride or the Southern Woods Riders who host the fall ride. I do have contacts in the area & have been attending these events for 12+yrs. I would hate to see either one of them taken away!

Sorry for late answer, someone that went to the fall ride heard the family took over and didn't care for motorcycles. Only what I heard.
Old 02-16-2014, 04:46 AM   #13
mrxinpa OP

Quote:
Originally Posted by citationman View Post
Sorry for late answer, someone that went to the fall ride heard the family took over and didn't care for motorcycles. Only what I heard.

That sounds like someone talking out loud who really doesn't understand the significant contribution Loretta Lynn and her family have made to the world of motorcycling!

This year will be the 30th yr that the ranch has held the AMA National MX and the GNCC Championships. Anybody and everybody who's involved with motocross or Grand National Cross Country has raced at the ranch at some point in their career. James Stewart, Travis Pastrana none of these guys would have the successful careers had they not had their exposure from winning at the ranch!

It is a beautiful area and we are personally glad that she allows us to participate in these events. I have asked my contacts within both clubs and neither one are aware of any negative conduct or any reason to stop these rides from continuing!

Hope to see a few more of you FF at the ranch!

Thursday during the day 11" snow.
Thursday during the nite. 6" snow
Friday. Another. 6~7" snow

I' m ready to head south for some riding! NOW!
Old 02-24-2014, 08:49 AM   #14
mrxinpa OP

LOL... I noticed the Pic of it at your new house. You wont need to bring it Bus. Just bring your riding gear and ride out or over on the ST.. You can have the pull out couch in the Motorhome.

Hey Unless you want me to go over to NJ and Pick Up your Husky Oh wait I'll bet that's still in Pieces in your kitchen isn't it. LOL..

Yea Your fat ass will be just fine riding he 250!!.

We still got a good 15" of Snow in the back yard. Cant wait to get down south for some good riding weather!!!!
Old 02-24-2014, 06:42 PM   #15
sallydog
no more Green KLR

Quote:
LOL... I noticed the Pic of it at your new house. You wont need to bring it Bus. Just bring your riding gear and ride out or over on the ST.. You can have the pull out couch in the Motorhome.

Hey Unless you want me to go over to NJ and Pick Up your Husky Oh wait I'll bet that's still in Pieces in your kitchen isn't it. LOL..

Yea Your fat ass will be just fine riding he 250!!.

We still got a good 15" of Snow in the back yard. Cant wait to get down south for some good riding weather!!!!

its so nice here the harleys are all getting pulled out of storage