ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-27-2014, 07:47 AM   #7846
idahojoe
shut up and ride

Oddometer: 229
KTM 690 in Boise/Rekluse

Hi guys, long time no post. I'm a little out of the loop, but does anyone in Boise have a KTM 690 that would be willing to let Rekluse use it for clutch development? We had one for our preliminary measurements, but that person sold it out of state. If your interested, please send me a PM with your phone number and I'll call you. Thank you.
78 R80/7
68 Maico 360
idahojoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 11:19 AM   #7847
FoolHardy
Still Inky

Oddometer: 524
Just a reminder to those IAMC members who haven't paid their club dues yet, you can do it from the club's website, just go to "my account' click on the "membership" tab and scroll down to "purchase membership", you'll notice that the price has dropped for 2014 dues:) For those members who wish to give input concerning the club, nomination of the new officers, or to volunteer to help with any club functions, there will be a meeting after the 2013 Challenge Recognition meeting and dinner on March 22nd.

"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go" - T.S. Elliot
FoolHardy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 09:06 PM   #7848
FoolHardy
Still Inky

Anyone planning on trailering to the Wallowa Jamboree this year? I am looking for a mule to haul the heavy stuff, tent, air mattress, chairs, extra rain gear so I can travel light and still live in comfort when I get there. I have a trailer that will haul two bikes if someone wants to use it.

"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go" - T.S. Elliot
Old 03-03-2014, 09:47 PM   #7849
IDRIDR
Take me to the River

Oddometer: 1,199
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoolHardy View Post
Anyone planning on trailering to the Wallowa Jamboree this year? I am looking for a mule to haul the heavy stuff, tent, air mattress, chairs, extra rain gear so I can travel light and still live in comfort when I get there. I have a trailer that will haul two bikes if someone wants to use it.

IDRIDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 11:03 PM   #7850
FoolHardy
Still Inky

Quote:

Aaaaand... SOLD! to the round yellow guy behind the desk

Old 03-04-2014, 01:24 AM   #7851
XtreemLEE
Member #476

Oddometer: 1,549
Quote:
Just a reminder to those IAMC members who haven't paid their club dues yet, you can do it from the club's website, just go to "my account' click on the "membership" tab and scroll down to "purchase membership", you'll notice that the price has dropped for 2014 dues:)
Umm spam?!?!?!?!?
"And the freedom of speech we try to defend goes to the core of one of my very deepest beliefs: the best information is uncovered with open, spirited debate. Better to grow thicker skin than to risk repressing information--just ask John Adams and Thomas Jefferson." Chris Macaskill
XtreemLEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 08:09 AM   #7852
daxm
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 157
Talking IAMC 2012/2013 Challenge Accounting

For those you are offended that, occasionally, posts here are related to IAMC information please forgive me for adding to your offense. Please bear in mind that we are locals to Boise and many of us troll this thread. Posting info here is quick way to get information out to those who would like to have it.

Now to my point, anyone that participated in either of the 2012/2013 IAMC challenges is encouraged to go to http://www.motoidaho.com/node/2204 and ensure their accounting of which sites they visited is accurate. I'll be counting the beans soon so we can get the correct amount of stickers ordered.
Old 03-04-2014, 09:22 AM   #7853
WhichWayNow
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 129
Quote:
Rain gear? We don't need no stinking rain gear. It's going to be warm and sunny all weekend.

Maybe???

Old 03-04-2014, 07:42 PM   #7854
FoolHardy
Still Inky

Excellent point Ron, I believe what they have in Oregon is called "liquid sunshine". Way more enjoyable that that nasty "rain" crap we get in Idaho.

Old 03-04-2014, 07:44 PM   #7855
Solarbronco
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 283
A bottle of Pendelton on the ground, nice beverage choice!
Solarbronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 09:56 AM   #7856
touchngodan
Adventurer

Oddometer: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by idahojoe View Post
Hi guys, long time no post. I'm a little out of the loop, but does anyone in Boise have a KTM 690 that would be willing to let Rekluse use it for clutch development? We had one for our preliminary measurements, but that person sold it out of state. If your interested, please send me a PM with your phone number and I'll call you. Thank you.
I sent a PM.
touchngodan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 07:05 PM   #7857
GGAlex
Adventurer

Oddometer: 36
Raft River Mountains in the Sawtooth National Forest in NW Utah

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterMarine View Post
Hi Boise riders.

On my next ride, I am planning to start in Jarbidge, NV then head east into Idaho and then south into Utah then back into NV and up into Jarbidge.

I am planning to ride over the Raft River Mountains in the Sawtooth National Forest in NW Utah. It appears there are some ORV trails in the area.

Somewhere I saw a mention of a trail that goes south from Clear Creek to the ridge line of the range. I think it said it was open to motorcycles.
Maybe this will help get you started:
http://www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/sawto...=5807&actid=93
If it were in ID, you'd have the excellent ID trails mapping web site to poke around virtually. Or is there a UT version?

I do not see a MVU map for the Unit, but I could be overlooking it. Such would be your best resource if one exists.
http://www.fs.usda.gov/main/sawtooth/maps-pubs

Best of luck!
Enjoy.
USA
Living the dream.
GGAlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 07:32 PM   #7858
GGAlex
Adventurer

Oddometer: 36
New to Boise, Idaho

So I joined this forum in 2007, lurked until 2011, and my last post not including one I just did on this thread, was 11-12-2012, 07:35 PM. I figured I should first reply with hopefully-helpful info in reply to an inmate request before I go on blabbing about myself, which I shall now do:

When I joined, I was a lowly NETRA B-mediocre enduro rider living in upstate NY, starting to think about dual sporting and ADVing. A lot has happened since then, and by grace of chaos, I am now a Boise resident as of last July. And finally an ADV bike owner with the recent acquisition of an F800GSA, this only adds to my ride choices and does not displace my love of offroad and single track on my 250XC or Berg FE450.

I came to ID in great part for motorcycling, my wife and I having fallen in love with the state during a 1996 visit, and it only took 17 years to fulfill a dream, but here we are. I am very excited for the MC people I will meet and the rides I will take of all types as long as the Universe allows me breath and balance.

So that's it for now, just wanted to say hello. And I look forward to bumping in to as many of my fellow Idahoans ADVers as time goes by. This is going to be a good year, I am sure of it.

Be well,
USA
Living the dream.
GGAlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 08:50 PM   #7859
MasterMarine
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,322
Quote:
Originally Posted by GGAlex View Post
Maybe this will help get you started:
http://www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/sawto...=5807&actid=93
If it were in ID, you'd have the excellent ID trails mapping web site to poke around virtually. Or is there a UT version?

I do not see a MVU map for the Unit, but I could be overlooking it. Such would be your best resource if one exists.
http://www.fs.usda.gov/main/sawtooth/maps-pubs

Best of luck!
Enjoy.
Thanks for poking around for me. I have the MVUM for the area and I found that page about the campground. There is another cool Utah State web page that may be handy if anyone runs across this by accident.

I am mostly looking for local knowledge. I thought maybe someone from Boise had been there before. It is not so far away. Looks like there are a lot of hunters hanging around in the Google Earth image.
MasterMarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 10:11 PM   #7860
daxm
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by GGAlex View Post
So I joined this forum in 2007, lurked until 2011, and my last post not including one I just did on this thread, was 11-12-2012, 07:35 PM. I figured I should first reply with hopefully-helpful info in reply to an inmate request before I go on blabbing about myself, which I shall now do:

When I joined, I was a lowly NETRA B-mediocre enduro rider living in upstate NY, starting to think about dual sporting and ADVing. A lot has happened since then, and by grace of chaos, I am now a Boise resident as of last July. And finally an ADV bike owner with the recent acquisition of an F800GSA, this only adds to my ride choices and does not displace my love of offroad and single track on my 250XC or Berg FE450.

I came to ID in great part for motorcycling, my wife and I having fallen in love with the state during a 1996 visit, and it only took 17 years to fulfill a dream, but here we are. I am very excited for the MC people I will meet and the rides I will take of all types as long as the Universe allows me breath and balance.

So that's it for now, just wanted to say hello. And I look forward to bumping in to as many of my fellow Idahoans ADVers as time goes by. This is going to be a good year, I am sure of it.

Be well,
Welcome! Now you get to wait for the ice to melt and the ground to dry with the rest of us! :-)