User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-01-2014, 08:24 AM   #1
SS in Vzla. OP
Totally Normal? I'm not!

Oddometer: 1,173
What's happening in Venezuela?

I apologize if this is not the place for these kind of posts.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...9#post23587069

If the mods feel the need to delete it, so be it.

But apart from the obvious need we have for the world to know and share what we are going through right now, there have been a couple of RTW Travelers that have asked me in the last two weeks if it is safe to travel in Venezuela right now.

The answer is NO!

Please help us by sharing the links provided... Maybe they will eventually get to the right people, your congressmen, the policy makers that might helps other countries take a stand against the regime.
Old 03-01-2014, 10:43 PM   #2
csustewy
Motojero

Oddometer: 541
Thank you for posting, Silvi. I am sorry to hear of the difficulties that you, your loved ones, and all Venezuelans, are currently facing.

You have done so much for this community, the very least we can do is spread the word and try to inspire action; I wish there was something more that I could offer. But please know that you are in our thoughts.

Hoping for a positive outcome to a dire situation.
Mike & Jill
csustewy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 03:35 AM   #3
GuateRider
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,367
Our prayers are with you and the people of Venezuela .

I know it's not much, but we are praying every day for the end of the criminal and terrorist chavista dictatorship, the end of the daily beating and killing of innocent civilians .

Que viva la resistencia !!!
Old 03-02-2014, 08:34 AM   #4
SS in Vzla. OP
Totally Normal? I'm not!

Gracias Amigos.
Spreading the word is a BIG help.
With the media black-out the government has imposed, the only means to let the world know what's really going on here are the social networks... At least for now, as the regime, started yesterday a procedure against all the internet providers and they are facing shut-down....

Everybody knows the thorn in their ass has been all the photos and videos of human rights violations and excessive force of the regime's armed forges / police against the protesters spread on the web through people's cell phones, so in order to "try" and simulate some degree of legality in the issue (for public opinion abroad) they made up some bogus charges of "terrorism, aiding a coup or such nonsense" and opened a procedure (as opposed to just shutting them down at once). Hopefully not, but I'm almost sure this procedure will probably see resolution by congress in a very swift manner.

Also, there are lot's and lot's of web-sites that are already blocked for Venezuelan IPs, so people abroad can see more than we can see here (on the web).

So, your help spreading the news you consider worth spreading, is GREATLY appreciated. But please, before sharing, check the veracity of the source (the date and place in which the photos or videos where taken) as the regime, in order to reduce the credibility of our reports and pleas has been hard at work fabricating false posts showing manifestations that are described as the ones in Venezuela and when you check the photo info, it was taken somewhere else in the world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuateRider View Post
Our prayers are with you and the people of Venezuela .

I know it's not much, but we are praying every day for the end of the criminal and terrorist chavista dictatorship, the end of the daily beating and killing of innocent civilians .

Que viva la resistencia !!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by csustewy View Post
Thank you for posting, Silvi. I am sorry to hear of the difficulties that you, your loved ones, and all Venezuelans, are currently facing.

You have done so much for this community, the very least we can do is spread the word and try to inspire action; I wish there was something more that I could offer. But please know that you are in our thoughts.

Hoping for a positive outcome to a dire situation.
Mike & Jill
Old 03-02-2014, 09:10 AM   #5
trespalacios
Oh libertad

Oddometer: 674
Hey Silviu, I feel for my Venezuelan brothers. I have two first cousins who live in Caracas and I have been keeping up with the situation somewhat and sharing it from facebook. I try to stay away from the discussions taking place at The Basement as they quickly turn into personal attacks to whoever happens to not fully agree with somebody else's idea of right or wrong.

It's sad to see how the economy of such a resource-rich country has been crippled and how the government has used repression towards the people holding it accountable for the rampant insecurity and lack of basic guarantees. So much for Soberania Alimentaria!!!

I, for one, will continue spreading the word.

Venezuela: SOS. Y aunque SOS grande y soberana, it's a call to Save Our Ship.

Greatest sympathy,

Ricardo

Antioquia, tierra de mis amores
Some trail riding stories
trespalacios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 09:14 AM   #6
SS in Vzla. OP
Totally Normal? I'm not!

Quote:
Originally Posted by trespalacios View Post
Hey Silviu, I feel for my Venezuelan brothers. I have two first cousins who live in Caracas and I have been keeping up with the situation somewhat and sharing it from facebook. I try to stay away from the discussions taking place at The Basement as they quickly turn into personal attacks to whoever happens to not fully agree with somebody else's idea of right or wrong.

It's sad to see how the economy of such a resource-rich country has been crippled and how the government has used repression towards the people holding it accountable for the rampant insecurity and lack of basic guarantees. So much for Soberania Alimentaria!!!

I, for one, will continue spreading the word.

Venezuela: SOS. Y aunque SOS grande y soberana, it's a call to Save Our Ship.

Greatest sympathy,

Ricardo
Gracias Hermano!
Old 03-03-2014, 11:22 AM   #7
ElReyDelSofa
Desubicado

Oddometer: 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS in Vzla. View Post
I apologize if this is not the place for these kind of posts.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...9#post23587069

If the mods feel the need to delete it, so be it.

But apart from the obvious need we have for the world to know and share what we are going through right now, there have been a couple of RTW Travelers that have asked me in the last two weeks if it is safe to travel in Venezuela right now.

The answer is NO!

Please help us by sharing the links provided... Maybe they will eventually get to the right people, your congressmen, the policy makers that might helps other countries take a stand against the regime.
Silviu,

I have a co-worker who is Venezolana. She had a trip planned to visit her family late February. She sent me an email recently about her trip, this is what she said; "tuve que cancelar mi viaje, la ciudad donde mis Padres y mi Hermana viven esta literalmente en Guerra". I don't remember exactly where she is from, but know it is near the Colombian border. Imagine, her city is literally in a war.

Keeping all Venezolanos in my thoughts, wish a resolution for your problems. Stay safe...

Suerte,

Martín

'06 F650GS Dakar
ElReyDelSofa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 05:59 PM   #8
mundobravo
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,120
It is not for me to say if the working poor of Venezuela have more or better access to life, to education and to healthcare now with the Bolivarian Revolution than under the military dictator Pérez Jiménez or the rule of Shell Oil under Carlos Pérez but it is my place to pressure my US government to keep hands off Latin American. Nicaragua , El Salvador, Guatemala, Cuba, Basta !
http://www.vimeo.com/7780879
mundobravo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 07:44 AM   #9
crashmaster
ow, my balls!

Oddometer: 5,110
Stay safe hermano! My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

crashmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 10:54 AM   #10
Throttlemeister
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,639
+ to infinity

It's so sad to see the country with the greatest potential in all of South America to be ruined by so few.

Viva Venezuela and her Real People
Old 03-04-2014, 06:05 PM   #11
TeeVee
His mudda was a mudda!

Oddometer: 750
Quote:
Originally Posted by mundobravo View Post
It is not for me to say if the working poor of Venezuela have more or better access to life, to education and to healthcare now with the Bolivarian Revolution than under the military dictator Pérez Jiménez or the rule of Shell Oil under Carlos Pérez but it is my place to pressure my US government to keep hands off Latin American. Nicaragua , El Salvador, Guatemala, Cuba, Basta !
dont blame the US. venezuela is where it is right now because of its own homegrown stupidity, not american interventionism. and considering that we buy 40% of their only real export, i'd say we help them out just a tad.

not everything uncle sam does is right, but it aint all wrong either.

hopefully someone puts a bullet in maduro's head--him and a few other choice "officials" there...
TeeVee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 04:56 AM   #12
GuateRider
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,367
Venezuela libre !!!!

Old 03-05-2014, 08:42 AM   #13
bananaman
transcontimental

Oddometer: 6,604
If you say we shouldn't go... it really makes me want to go!
Old 03-06-2014, 01:18 PM   #14
C5!
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 275
Quote:
Originally Posted by bananaman View Post
If you say we shouldn't go... it really makes me want to go!
Just don't go into the upper-middle class areas of the larger cities, everywhere else business as usual.
btw I have a tour company and I have 3 groups criss-crossing Venezuela at this moment...

"Viva Venezuela and her Real People"

Throttlemeister: Please define "Real People" ???

and to finish, the s... comment: "hopefully someone puts a bullet in maduro's head--him and a few other choice "officials" there... "

Problems are not resolved through violence or killing people.
C5! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 04:12 PM   #15
Throttlemeister
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,639
Quote:
Originally Posted by C5! View Post

"Viva Venezuela and her Real People"

Throttlemeister: Please define "Real People" ???

Meaning all the people living and working for the good of the society. A few bad apples will spoil the bunch, there are way more good people in Venezuela than bad, I believe this is true the World over