Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Ride reports
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-11-2013, 10:15 PM   #211
MasterMarine OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,505
Coon Creek Pass and the climb to Deer Mountain outside of Jarbidge, NV. What an absolutely fabulous area to ride!! I cannot wait to go back. So much to explore and discover.

MasterMarine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 03:14 PM   #212
MasterMarine OP
Beastly Adventurer

Another video.

This is part of crossing the Owyhee Desert headed westbound. I had a close encounter with a pair of antelope.

The water crossing was easy in 2012. Here is what it looked like in 2011.

Old 03-13-2013, 10:52 PM   #213
MasterMarine OP
Beastly Adventurer

Hinkey Pass is amazing. A quick twisty gravel road through some amazing rocks.

Then on to Oregon with a bit of Domingo Pass and Beatys Butte. This was a real blast too. A steep climb up a rough rutted 2 track straight up the side of the highest thing around right to the top. Probably not the best thing to ride a big bike on but a real blast on a thumper! I lost the track near the top and dropped my bike trying to find it. I decided to just leave it there and hike the rest of the way to the summit. It did not look too far away. I was winded when I finally made it to the top. Speaking of wind, it was windy up there!

Hinkey Pass, NV pan, Domingo Pass, OR and Beatys Butte, OR.

MasterMarine screwed with this post 03-14-2013 at 09:33 PM Reason: bit of an edit...
Old 03-19-2013, 08:44 AM   #214
n16ht5
ride the night

Oddometer: 2,323
Is the video working for anyone? I don't see anything :(
n16ht5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 07:30 AM   #215
Shadowed_Stranger
Adventurer

Oddometer: 86
I'm dying to know where this pic was taken:

And is that somewhere that could be accessed two-up on a beast of a bike like a BMW F800GS?
Shadowed_Stranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 09:25 AM   #216
MasterMarine OP
Beastly Adventurer

It is on a side road taking off from a pass between Jarbidge and Charleston, Nevada. It think the top is called Deer Mountain. I don't have a map here in front of me to look at. There is a video of the climb up a few posts before this one.

The road between Jarbidge and Charleston is definitely one you can do on that bike. That last climb to the summit was a little loose and steep but you can do it. It is a beautiful area!
Old 04-15-2013, 09:50 AM   #217
Shadowed_Stranger
Adventurer

Oddometer: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterMarine View Post
It is on a side road taking off from a pass between Jarbidge and Charleston, Nevada. It think the top is called Deer Mountain. I don't have a map here in front of me to look at. There is a video of the climb up a few posts before this one.

The road between Jarbidge and Charleston is definitely one you can do on that bike. That last climb to the summit was a little loose and steep but you can do it. It is a beautiful area!
Thanks! I'm going to have to figure out how to shoehorn that into my upcoming trip. I've been watching this thread for a while and will finally have a chance to go exploring with my fiance.
Shadowed_Stranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 09:28 PM   #218
MadChap
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 435
I'll dig this one up from the archives. What a great area to ride. The RR in my sig line has some of the same areas you rode. Beaty's butte us a must ride if you're in the area. Looks like you missed Cavespring at the bottom of the butte. Way cool place to refill on water.

On another ride in that area, my cousin rode the trail west out of Shirk ranch towards Hart mtn. on his loaded F800GS after a very long day. The ride to the top was wicked difficult for him be he made it. He must have gotten bounced of the trail a half dozen times. We were trying to reach the hot springs to camp for the evening but by sunset were still too far away and way to tired to keep riding so we just stopped and pitched camp right in the middle of the rocky trail. Slept....like a rock.

Thought I'd give this a little bump back to the top!
MadChap is offline   Reply With Quote