Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Latin America
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-24-2014, 07:57 PM   #376
McFoil
Filthy Pig

Oddometer: 194
Yip............sure hope Harry is all right.
McFoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 11:17 AM   #377
Treadless
used 2 b aventuring

Oddometer: 5,219
Have no idea what will come of it, but it couldn't hurt.

Contacted a friend who has Speed & Strength as one of his main sponsors and told him about Harry. He has passed that to S&S. My hope is that they may be able to help contribute in someway to help somehow.

Like I said don't know what will come of it but it was worth a shot.

Treadless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 06:35 PM   #378
HellsAlien
a has-been that never-was

Oddometer: 2,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treadless View Post
Like I said don't know what will come of it but it was worth a shot.
Thanks for that, good to see you are still around. You never know, maybe this will shake something loose. We gotta look out for each other down here.

Hells en baja

"Bad roads, good people. Good roads, bad people." Mama Espinoza
“Ride first, tart second. Sorry bro but that’s the way it has to be.” Cbrit, 2008
“You gas it where I brake!” trackday passenger, Thunderhill, 2005
HellsAlien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 06:44 PM   #379
MKJ
Married w/ Children

Oddometer: 498
Harry come home!
MKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 07:04 AM   #380
ROAD DAMAGE
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 881
?

Have any of you heard any more news lately about negotiations or Harry's situation? Seems there were periodic updates on his familie's FaceBook page by his Mother ........ but I'm not a FB guy.

MG, thanks for the mop up on aisle 6!
Old 02-26-2014, 07:14 AM   #381
WhicheverAnyWayCan
Deaf Biker

Oddometer: 738
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROAD DAMAGE View Post
Have any of you heard any more news lately about negotiations or Harry's situation? Seems there were periodic updates on his familie's FaceBook page by his Mother ........ but I'm not a FB guy.

MG, thanks for the mop up on aisle 6!
RoadDamage, no real update as there is no progress other than a Thank You/Please Help message.

My personal feeling is that he was not kidnapped but probably fell off somewhere. I do hope he is found real soon than later so everyone can have a proper closure.
WhicheverAnyWayCan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 09:13 PM   #382
Grynch
Adventurer

Oddometer: 13
Any Info?

May be someone here can post something on The Borderland Beat web page.
Grynch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 12:24 PM   #383
hardroadking
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 148
Keepin the Faith

I've been stopping in daily since the start looking for news and hoping for GOOD news. It is a sad situation but it could still have a good ending...my thoughts are pushing for this.

I must say, up until recently, I was so depressed each time I checked in, but not because of any news surrounding the Harry story. It was the negative, bullying that was going on among advrider members.

When I check in on this thread now, I am disappointed by the lack of any news but when I log out, I am at peace and thankfully no longer depressed by the vile discourse that had overtaken the thread.

Wishing for all the best to Harry and his Family...keep the faith.
Old 03-03-2014, 05:48 PM   #384
T.Low
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 920
For those of us not wanting to join FB, any updates?
T.Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 06:07 PM   #385
AdventurePoser
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,965
Quote:
Originally Posted by T.Low View Post
For those of us not wanting to join FB, any updates?
Nothing new....
Old 03-03-2014, 06:36 PM   #386
Blind Warrior
Lost in the Ozone

Oddometer: 357
I have some hope that the silence surrounding the search indicates that progress is being made but is too sensitive for public disclosure.

"The United States is a nation of laws: badly written and randomly enforced." - Frank Zappa
Blind Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 07:59 AM   #387
js73751
Mid Life Crisis Member

Oddometer: 81
"I ask you all to keep Harry in your thoughts and prayers and to picture a positive outcome as the resolution of what appears to have been an opportunistic kidnapping gets closer and closer."

Posted by Harry's mother Ann, Feb 22, 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Warrior View Post
I have some hope that the silence surrounding the search indicates that progress is being made but is too sensitive for public disclosure.
I pose this for those far more worldly than I. There has been a bit of a "quiet period" with few updates from his close friends and family. Is this indicative of past "history" of the resolution of an opportunistic kidnapping?

js

The Long Island Recreational Trails Conservancy -
Facilitating Safety Training, Environmental Responsibility and Recreational Opportunities for Active User Groups

THE LIRTC HOME PAGE: http://lirtc.org/

THE LIRTC GROUP MEETING SITE & FORUM: http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/LIRTC/
js73751 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 08:10 AM   #388
crashmaster
ow, my balls!

Oddometer: 5,004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Warrior View Post
I really hope you are correct in that line of thinking. Thoughts and prayers are with Harry and his family. Still hoping for a good outcome.

crashmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 10:12 AM   #389
jachard
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 606
Quote:
Originally Posted by js73751 View Post
I pose this for those far more worldly than I. There has been a bit of a "quiet period" with few updates from his close friends and family. Is this indicative of past "history" of the resolution of an opportunistic kidnapping?

js

So I think I can add one data point here. A little on my background first, my Mom and setepfather lived in Mexico City up until 2003 or so. My stepdad lived there from 1962 and when he married my Mom she moved down there in 1986. Back then, kidnapping was somewhat uncommon but definitely on the rise. By the time they left in 2003, approximately 35% of their friends had been kidnapped at one point in time. All kidnapping events ended with the hostage being returned safely once the randsom was paid. Typically the lifecycle of these events were a few days, a week maximum. So to answer your question above, I would say no and that this long wait is not typical but anything is possible these days.

I sincerely hope for Harry and his family's sake that if he is kidnapped, the delay is what someone stated above and negociations are in progress.

Although, as I stated before, given the area he was in I'm more apt to think he had a solo accident but we are all guessing at this point.

My sincerest hopes and thoughts go out to everyone involved that he is found.

Cheers, James

http://octaneworks.wordpress.com/
jachard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 10:11 AM   #390
strikingviking
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,816
In these type of kidnappings, the FBI recommends complete silence and no media coverage until the crisis is resolved. Frustrated families of course, want the world to know what happened believing this will facilitate a quicker resolution. It won't.

Professional kidnappers are tech savvy enough to monitor the Internet for how much noise is being generated in the media as well as chat-rooms. The more noise, the higher the victim's profile--which leads kidnappers to believe they have a valuable hostage worthy of holding out for a larger ransom.

Or, if there is too much noise, the victim becomes a "hot potato" making the kidnappers afraid that they have bit off more than they can chew--and now worry about too much heat.

I realize that we all want to voice our concern over this situation where one of our own might be in trouble, but the less chatter, the better. Mean spirited commentary here is offensive as well as extremely painful to the victims family who are suffering while pondering the potential outcomes.

If you are compelled to comment, voice your support through direct communication with the family. Or email directly with local riders in Mexico.
strikingviking is offline   Reply With Quote