ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-05-2014, 03:39 AM   #4246
Ladybug0048
Bug Sister

Oddometer: 10,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by XR4EVER View Post
I've been thinking about a variation on a group ride for this summer... Just wondering how many of you would be interested before I start planning.

Snipped the rest to keep it short.

Riding is always of interest. Need a date to determine just how interested.

If you and Paul couldn't make it up there on your first attempt that leaves me wondering just how doable the hard route is.

I think there is an easier way up from Calder as you said, I know where it is on a map but have never been there.

Make your plan, post it up and people will either show up or they won't. That's how ADV works (think herding cats)
Ladybug0048 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 10:40 AM   #4247
XR4EVER
919 excuses to ride!

Oddometer: 1,064
I'm getting the itch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by godaddygo View Post
I am in on the easy part..I have seen what your call hard and that would be not fun on my DR-650...oh I have that promised vapor instrument ready for you...have the speedo and temp sensor and the price is right...I have your card and will give you a call. Sorry for the delay.
Hey godaddygo! I thought you dropped off the planet! You said you'd been meaning to head up to Lemonade Peak anyway, right?
I wasn't about to ask any questions about the Vapor... I just figured you had second thoughts about giving it away and I wouldn't blame you. No hurries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladybug0048 View Post
Riding is always of interest. Need a date to determine just how interested.

If you and Paul couldn't make it up there on your first attempt that leaves me wondering just how doable the hard route is.
It's looking like this has at least enough interest to start planning and make a date.
I've never tried to herd cats.... that sounds like an adventure in itself!
Let's be clear.... I wasn't having any problems. I think that hill has something against either KTMs or trials tires, but Paul made it up a little less-far every time he tried. I doubled back to see where he was and only found a helmet. I shut off my bike to listen and all I heard was muddled curse words off in the distance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edwards View Post
This sounds familiar. Although I could be thinking of another ridge but I dont have my maps in front of me. I rode a ridge near Slate Saddle that took me to Bad Tom and it seemed like it headed towards Pinehurst? At any rate it was a beautiful area and great ride.

This sounds fun to me. I would have to decide which group to ride with.
I think Bad Tom is over south of Wallace. Lemonade is directly south of Pinehurst, only 6 1/2 miles from the Kootenai county line. That area is one of the best kept secrets of Idaho's trails. Everyone heads to Wallace to ride because the trails are easily accessible and popular, but with a little digging, you uncover a whole jackpot of crazy trails that only the locals ride around Pinehurst and eastern Kootenai County.
Old 03-06-2014, 09:50 AM   #4248
75monza
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 324
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladybug0048 View Post
That's how ADV works (think herding cats)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pk7yqlTMvp8
75monza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 04:56 AM   #4249
Lav1200
Pig Pen

Oddometer: 1,205
Mid-May conditions in Spokane area?

Hi there - I am with a group that is going to be riding down from Calgary, Canada for the Northwest Nitro hillclimb event near Yakima on May 16-20.

Our return leg will take us up from Pasco WA towards Bonners Ferry ID. If we stick to the lower valleys as much as possible, can we expect to stay clear of snow that time of year? Also - any routing suggestions for the part between Washtucna to Rockford? We will all be on bigger Adv style bikes (KTM 990, GS 800, etc) and would like to get a nice mix of twisty pavement and gravel.

Thanks,
Andy
Lav1200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 05:16 AM   #4250
Stephenmarklay
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by moto-treks View Post
We carry Sidi at westside. I am not sure which ones we have in stock but we likely have a Sidi in your size and if we don't have the crossfire it only takes a few days to get in. Go see Hope in parts. She is the bomb!
Stephenmarklay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 08:16 AM   #4251
Edwards
Gravel Eddie

Oddometer: 247
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephenmarklay View Post
We carry Sidi at westside. I am not sure which ones we have in stock but we likely have a Sidi in your size and if we don't have the crossfire it only takes a few days to get in. Go see Hope in parts. She is the bomb!
I was in there the other day. The only Sidi was a dualsport boot, not the crossfire. The only Gaerne was also a dualsport boot. The selection was very limited. They wanted me to pay in advance to bring in a Gaerne motocross boot to try on. I agree with moto-trek
Edwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 08:18 AM   #4252
Edwards
Gravel Eddie

Oddometer: 247
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lav1200 View Post
Hi there - I am with a group that is going to be riding down from Calgary, Canada for the Northwest Nitro hillclimb event near Yakima on May 16-20.

Our return leg will take us up from Pasco WA towards Bonners Ferry ID. If we stick to the lower valleys as much as possible, can we expect to stay clear of snow that time of year? Also - any routing suggestions for the part between Washtucna to Rockford? We will all be on bigger Adv style bikes (KTM 990, GS 800, etc) and would like to get a nice mix of twisty pavement and gravel.

Thanks,
Andy

You will stay clear of snow unless you get over 4000'. It may even be a bit higher by then. Have fun.
Edwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 08:28 AM   #4253
Live2Ride
Not Famous

Oddometer: 3,812
If your going to be in Washtucna, I suggest going to Palouse Falls. It should still be flowing pretty good that time of year.
I live in Rockford and could meet you at the Falls and guide you back to Rockford. From there, is only 8 miles to hwy 95.
Quote:

Thanks,
Andy
Old 03-07-2014, 09:12 AM   #4254
moto-treks
Back Home

Oddometer: 1,771
Quote:

Thanks,
Andy
I typically take the backroads from there to Spokane. Keep off of 26 and 195 and you should be fine. Occasionally, I've ventured onto the dirt roads which travel threw the fields and farmers backyards or wind farms By the time I'm in that area I'm usually on my way home so I stick to the blacktop.

Moto-Treks
moto-treks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 09:28 AM   #4255
moto-treks
Back Home

Oddometer: 1,771
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephenmarklay View Post
Thanks for the Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edwards View Post
I was in there the other day. The only Sidi was a dualsport boot, not the crossfire. The only Gaerne was also a dualsport boot. The selection was very limited. They wanted me to pay in advance to bring in a Gaerne motocross boot to try on. I agree with moto-trek
With only a week to wait until the Motorcycle Show, I'll just head there and see what the venders bring. That'll give be a reason to go too

Anyone going Friday afternoon? Hit the show around 3 or 4 and then head over to the soon to be opened Perry Street Brewery

Moto-Treks

moto-treks screwed with this post 03-07-2014 at 11:51 AM
moto-treks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 10:49 AM   #4256
EmptiMind
Stoopid Youngin'

Oddometer: 458
Only a week away from the motorcycle show. Who's making the plan? Not me!
Old 03-07-2014, 10:55 AM   #4257
Live2Ride
Not Famous

Oddometer: 3,812
Robin and I will be going to the MC show Saturday morning so we can be home by 4:30 for Supercross.
Old 03-07-2014, 10:57 AM   #4258
Ladybug0048
Bug Sister

Oddometer: 10,544
When I get home from work today I'll post a Saturday before the show breakfast meet. Moto-treks sure has a thing for breweries.
Ladybug0048 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 11:09 AM   #4259
Bucket Boy
The other mechanic

Oddometer: 369
Not sure if I can post this here, but you guys live the closest to Wallace, ID sooo....

We're selling our little cabin (800sqft) on 76 acres 8 miles from Wallace, ID. One hour from Courd'Alene, two hours from Spokane or Missoula. Insane amount of riding around here from gentle jeep roads with ghost towns/bars to crazy single track since our hiking trails are open to motos!

More info on our blog: http://3upadventures.com/cabin-76-acres/

$135K 970-901-5236

Bucket Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 11:32 AM   #4260
XR4EVER
919 excuses to ride!

Oddometer: 1,064
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucket Boy View Post
We're selling our little cabin (800sqft) on 76 acres 8 miles from Wallace, ID.
Just West of Glidden Lakes, right?

Oh how I wish I had the money.....