Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-01-2014, 11:04 AM   #1486
Philip Kuntz
Fleasy Rider

Oddometer: 4,815
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Z View Post
I hate it when you order a manatee steak and they serve you a whale foreskin instead.
fixt
Philip Kuntz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 05:14 PM   #1487
Chicken Helmet
I'm A Stumper™

Oddometer: 4,901
From what I've heard, riding a DR feels just like riding a KLR except you're head doesn't sway left and right constantly scanning the ditches for aluminum cans.
Chicken Helmet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 09:08 PM   #1488
Huzband
Team Dirt

Oddometer: 4,070
Going into the dentist thinking I'm getting two fillings, only to learn they have me down for four. I talk them down to three, I'll reschedule the fourth. At least his new assistant is hot. Dirty blond hair, green eyes, you get the picture.

Sorry, no pics of aforementioned assistant. This ain't JoMomma

'90 RM250
IBA #30344
Huzband is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 03:50 AM   #1489
Chicken Helmet
I'm A Stumper™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huzband View Post

Sorry, no pics of aforementioned assistant. This ain't JoMomma

She might be someones which is an acceptable clause.
From what I've heard, riding a DR feels just like riding a KLR except you're head doesn't sway left and right constantly scanning the ditches for aluminum cans.
Old 03-05-2014, 06:32 AM   #1490
Huzband
Team Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicken Helmet View Post
She might be someones which is an acceptable clause.
She is, married & all.
'90 RM250
IBA #30344
Old 03-05-2014, 08:10 PM   #1491
Huzband
Team Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huzband View Post
I ordered a set of Cree LED bulbs for the GSA from Amazon last Sunday. They said thanks, you'll have them Thu. I get an email from them this morning saying sorry, we're having difficulties obtaining the items you ordered. WTF? So I go to their website to see what's up, & it says "only 11 left. Truly WTF!

I'm callin' their dumbass this afternoon.
Remember this? I get an email from Amazon Monday saying they can't acquire the product, so they're canceling the order. Fine by me.

So I go to ebay & BOOM, there they are. Same lights, but $85 shipped. I have a shipping confirm, & they'll be here Fri.

Go figure.
'90 RM250
IBA #30344
Old 03-06-2014, 03:42 AM   #1492
Chicken Helmet
I'm A Stumper™

My Lexx exhaust uses a sleeve adapter made of aluminum to attach the mid pipe to the head pipe. Its all sorts of warped and not sealing. Rocky Mtn, the proprietary supplier says I have to buy a $60 midpioe to get a $5 adapter.
Old 03-17-2014, 06:56 PM   #1493
ineptizoid
I'm scared hold me

Oddometer: 5,450
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicken Helmet View Post
My Lexx exhaust uses a sleeve adapter made of aluminum to attach the mid pipe to the head pipe. Its all sorts of warped and not sealing. Rocky Mtn, the proprietary supplier says I have to buy a $60 midpioe to get a $5 adapter.
A $60 midpipe?? Hell, as a KLRista I'd have a hard time justifying $60 for an entire exhaust system! But hey, I see how you Gen 2 KLRistas roll...

My gripe for the day is that I only managed to get 18K miles outta this JT rear sprocket. I've gone well over 20K before (with an OEM sprocket) but not this time. It's a conspiracy to rob us KLRistas of our hard-earned aluminum can money, I'm tellin ya!

Also, it's very difficult to do wheelies with a sprocket that looks like this, or so I heard.

Everything I really needed to know, I learned in Schneider School.

Official Organizer of the ADVrider Sandbox Hooligans Anti-FEE Movement

Quoth the Photojournalist: Am I gonna be the one that's gonna set them straight? Look at me--WRONG!
ineptizoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 07:13 PM   #1494
Dr.Z
6Sigma Knuckle Shflr

Oddometer: 10,174
It still has a few teeth left. I'm bettin you can get the said 20k out of that one.

And as for wheelies... well, they're illegal sir!

He's got some of the basics down, but, in the end, that just has to create a bigger clusterfuck in that chinese fire drill of a cognitive thought he brought to the dog and pony show of his new found awareness. - Jack Goff
Dr.Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 06:23 AM   #1495
Buzztail OP
NMBBMFBK

Oddometer: 10,924
18K? Hell I was happy to get 18 HUNDRED outta the one I used on the Southern Dualsport Loop.... But that's all I needed to get home. And, I hear ya on the wheelies. Both unsafe and illegal. Not to mention difficult on a rear pulley
Originally Posted by Mugwest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzztail
You shoulda told me to do this a long time ago
My bad
Buzztail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 06:53 AM   #1496
Dr.Z
6Sigma Knuckle Shflr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzztail View Post
And, I hear ya on the wheelies. Not to mention difficult on a rear pulley

He's got some of the basics down, but, in the end, that just has to create a bigger clusterfuck in that chinese fire drill of a cognitive thought he brought to the dog and pony show of his new found awareness. - Jack Goff
Old 03-18-2014, 07:53 AM   #1497
Davebert
Too damn serious!

Oddometer: 946
Tools and their uses

REALISTIC TOOL DEFINITIONS

1. DRILL PRESS: A tall upright machine useful for suddenly snatching flat metal bar stock out of your hands so that it smacks you in the chest and flings your pop across the room, splattering it against that freshly painted part you were drying.

2. WIRE WHEEL: Cleans paint off bolts and then throws them somewhere under the workbench with the speed of light. Also removes fingerprint whorls and hard-earned guitar calluses in about the time it takes you to say, "SH**!!!"

3. ELECTRIC HAND DRILL: Normally used for spinning pop rivets in their holes until you die of old age.

4. PLIERS: Used to round off hexagonal bolt heads.

5. HACKSAW: One of a family of cutting tools built on the Ouija board principle: It transforms human energy into a crooked, unpredictable motion, and the more you attempt to influence its course, the more dismal your future becomes.

6. VISE GRIP PLIERS: Used to round off bolt heads. If nothing else is available, they can also be used to transfer intense welding heat to the palm of your hand.

7. OXYACETYLENE TORCH: Used almost entirely for setting various flammable objects in your shop on fire. Also handy for igniting the grease inside a wheel hub you're trying to get the bearing race out of.

8. WHITWORTH SOCKETS: Once used for working on older British cars and motorcycles, they are now used mainly for impersonating that 9/16 or 1/2 socket you've been searching for the last 15 minutes.

9. HYDRAULIC FLOOR JACK: Used for lowering an automobile to the ground after you have installed your new disk brake pads, trapping the jack handle firmly under the bumper.

10. EIGHT-FOOT LONG DOUGLAS FIR 4X4: Used to attempt to lever an automobile upward off a hydraulic jack handle.

11. TWEEZERS: A tool for removing splinters of wood, especially Douglas fir.

12. TELEPHONE: Tool for calling your neighbor to see if he has another hydraulic floor jack.

13. SNAP-ON GASKET SCRAPER: Theoretically useful as a sandwich tool for spreading mayonnaise; used mainly for removing dog feces from your boots.

14. E-Z OUT BOLT AND STUD EXTRACTOR: A tool that snaps off in bolt holes and is ten times harder than any known drill bit.

15. TWO-TON HYDRAULIC ENGINE HOIST: A handy tool for testing the tensile strength of bolts and fuel lines you forgot to disconnect.

16. CRAFTSMAN 1/2 x 16-INCH SCREWDRIVER: A large motor mount prying tool that inexplicably has an accurately machined screwdriver tip on the end without the handle.

17. AVIATION METAL SNIPS: See hacksaw.

18. TROUBLE LIGHT: The home builder's own tanning booth. Sometimes called a drop light, it is a good source of vitamin D, "the sunshine vitamin", which is not otherwise found under cars at night. Health benefits aside, its main purpose is to consume 40-watt light bulbs at about the same rate that 105-mm howitzer shells might be used during, say, the first few hours of the Battle of the Bulge. More often dark than light, its name is somewhat misleading.

19. PHILLIPS SCREWDRIVER: Normally used to stab the lids of old-style paper-and-tin oil cans and squirt oil on your shirt; can also be used, as the name implies, to round off the interiors of Phillips screw heads.

20. AIR COMPRESSOR: A machine that takes energy produced in a coal-burning power plant 200 miles away and transforms it into compressed air that travels by hose to a Pneumatic impact wrench that grips rusty bolts last tightened 70 years ago by someone at Ford, and rounds them off.

21. PRY BAR: A tool used to crumple the metal surrounding that clip or bracket you needed to remove in order to replace a 50 cent part.

22. HOSE CUTTER: A tool used to cut hoses 1/2 inch too short.

23. HAMMER: Originally employed as a weapon of war, the hammer now-a-days is used as a kind of divining rod to locate expensive parts not far from the object we are trying to hit.

24. MECHANIC'S KNIFE: Used to open and slice through the contents of cardboard cartons delivered to your front door; works particularly well on boxes containing upholstered items, chrome-plated metal, and plastic parts.

25.DAMNIT TOOL: Any handy tool that you grab and throw across the garage while yelling "DAMNIT" at the top of your lungs. It is also the next tool that you will need.

26. EXPLETIVE: A balm, usually applied verbally in hindsight, which somehow eases those pains and indignities following our every deficiency in foresight.

Shouldn't I be doing something else right now?
Davebert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 08:06 AM   #1498
Dr.Z
6Sigma Knuckle Shflr

I believe I have had all of those tools at my disposal at one time or another and... I did dispose of a few of them.

Dr.Z screwed with this post 03-18-2014 at 08:41 AM
Old 03-18-2014, 08:33 AM   #1499
ineptizoid
I'm scared hold me

Oddometer: 5,450
Dave, how'd you get into my garage, is what I wanna know. You've done went and inventoried every single one of my tools.

Everything I really needed to know, I learned in Schneider School.

Official Organizer of the ADVrider Sandbox Hooligans Anti-FEE Movement

Quoth the Photojournalist: Am I gonna be the one that's gonna set them straight? Look at me--WRONG!
ineptizoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 12:21 PM   #1500
Vico1
The Maestro

Oddometer: 5,976
Most excellent description of all my tools as well. Well maybe no ALL.

well done

You dont quit riding when you get old, you get old when you quit riding.
I don't always ride street bikes, but when I do I prefer VStroms
Vico1 is offline   Reply With Quote