Semi-reformed Tsotsi

Oddometer: 1,594
I am in!
Tsotsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 07:37 PM   #17
mustanoglu
n00b

Oddometer: 3
Thank you. Do you have another picture of the windshield?

Thank you. Do you have another picture of the windshield and facebook page ?
mustanoglu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 06:49 PM   #18
mustanoglu
n00b

Do you have another picture of the windshield and facebook page ?
Old 01-07-2014, 02:24 AM   #19
mustanoglu
n00b

Old 01-07-2014, 06:02 AM   #20
poolman
Gnarly Poolside Adv.

Oddometer: 708
as they say...

"it is not the size of the dog in the fight but the size of the fight in the dog"

Looks like a fantastic trip!

Sacred Valley of the Incas
Costa Rica Solo
poolman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 04:51 AM   #21
Steve SA OP
Adv Wannabe

Oddometer: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustanoglu View Post
Hi mustanoglu,

My apologies. Unfortunately "life" happened and I never completed this RR. Can't believe that more that 2 years have passed already. We have since done a second trip through Botswana and Namibia on our "little beasts".

I'm going to continue this RR as leaving it uncompleted is really bugging me (especially since I've just caught up on radioman's RR).

I'll be posting plenty more photos, many of which will include the screens on the bikes. If you need more info on the screen then please PM me.

Regards, Steve
Steve SA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 06:18 AM   #22
Tsotsie
Semi-reformed Tsotsi

Oddometer: 1,594
Talking

[QUOTE=Steve SA;23649426]I'm going to continue this RR as leaving it uncompleted is really bugging me (especially since I've just caught up on radioman's RR).

/QUOTE]

And so it should! Keeping us waiting like that!

Do please include info on the bike maintenance, reliability etc too.
Tsotsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 06:57 AM   #23
Steve SA OP
Adv Wannabe

My humble apologies to those of you who subscribed to this RR only to be let down by me not finishing it.

Unfortunately "life" has happened and time has flown by. I have just caught up on Radioman's (Radioman rides the Word) thread and was impressed to see that he passed through my new home town of Port Alfred in the Eastern Cape last September. Unfortunately as a result of my long absence from ADV rider I missed out on meeting him when he was passing through.

He also passed through and stayed at some of the spots where we were on this trip which is also why I feel motivated me to get this done.

I feel inspired by Radioman to finish my ride report(s) so if you don't mind me picking up where I left off?

We have subsequently done a second trip on our little beasts (9 of them this time) which included Botswana and Namibia and if it's ok, I'd like to just flow from the 1st trip through into the second of our 2 part (mini) adventure.
Old 03-09-2014, 07:00 AM   #24
Steve SA OP
Adv Wannabe

[QUOTE=Tsotsie;23649771]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve SA View Post
I'm going to continue this RR as leaving it uncompleted is really bugging me (especially since I've just caught up on radioman's RR).

/QUOTE]

And so it should! Keeping us waiting like that!

Do please include info on the bike maintenance, reliability etc too.
Thanks Tsotsie,

Good to see that someone is still there . and yes I will do.
Old 03-10-2014, 02:22 AM   #25
Steve SA OP
Adv Wannabe

Day 2 - Elephant Sands.

Elephant Sands was a great experience for us. Ok maybe not for Simon the Yorkshire man. With the scorpion incident the previous evening and now sporting the mother of all hangovers, he was dreading the sandy ride back to the main road.

Here are a few pics of the previous evening at Elephant Sands.

Old 03-10-2014, 03:05 AM   #26
vickyxtreme
n00b

Wind shield

Guys,

very nice pictures and write, i want to know, how you arrange this high windshiels,, greatfull if rply.

Thanks
vickyxtreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 04:31 AM   #27
Steve SA OP
Adv Wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by vickyxtreme View Post
Guys,

very nice pictures and write, i want to know, how you arrange this high windshiels,, greatfull if rply.

Thanks
Hi vickyxtreme,

A lot of TVS owners are asking about the screens. These particular ones are manufactured by a company in South Africa called war eagle. I will post their details in the next few days.
Old 03-10-2014, 05:59 AM   #28
vickyxtreme
n00b

Thanks Steve SA,

many thanks for rplying, i,m also instrested to know,, i,ill wait.
vickyxtreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 06:50 AM   #29
Steve SA OP
Adv Wannabe

Day 3. Elephant Sands - Kasane.

Another early start on day 3. We were all feeling a bit sensitive after all the beers and Captain Morgan rum from the previous evening. Amazing how guys can really get carried away when the wives aren't around.

Young Simon had the mother of all hangovers this morning and I know he was dreading the sandy ride back to the tarred road.

We inspected the Leopard spoor and Ele footprints around our chalet from last night. Amazing that an Elephant was grazing 10 meters from my pillow and I never heard a thing.

Simon nursing a cup of coffee and some cereal.

We pay for our accommodation and "Disco Dave" gets the change.

Willem's 'sleeping partner' has now been attached to Dave's crash bar and will be accompanying us on the rest of the journey.

So we're on our way to Kasane today. We negotiate the deep sand back to the main road then wait about 15 min for young Simon to catch up. He was looking very green.

Cobus decided that this would be a good spot to leave his riding gloves behind and only realised what he had done 100km down the road.

Back on firm ground we stop to lube chains and check oil levels. The bad potholed road continues for another 100 km so going is slow.

The Little beasts with the big beasts in the background.

The road is long. Dave adopts an unusual riding position.

We arrive in Kasane in the blistering heat and head straight for the camp site at Chobe River Lodge. After watching Willem battle for an hour trying to get his tent erected, Dave and I head into town to look for some fillet steak for tonights braai (barbeque for you non South Africans).

We buy 3 kilograms of fillet steak @ R 55.00 rands per kilo. that's 5.50 uSD Why so cheap you wonder? well there's a simple explanation. The local people will only eat meat that is on the bone and therefore won't eat fillet. Bonus for us

We ate like champions.

Sunset over the Chobe river. Like us South African's like to say "Another kak day in Africa".

"Kak" is an Afrikaans slang term for sh!tty.

As day 3 drew to a close, we sat around the camp fire, exchanged stories and enjoyed a few Captain Morgan's.

Here is Dave's take on day 3:-
In an attempt to travel in the cool of the morning we were up early, packed, checked the footprints of the gentle giants that Cobus saw at 1 am, and ready to ride. My Apache was also now sporting Willem’s dance partner, cable tied to the crash bar. After a breakfast stop at Pandamatenga, where it should be noted petrol is no longer available, we cruised on to Kasane. We did stop a couple of times to photograph an elephant family sheltering in the shade. How awesome to ride in this unspoilt wilderness where elephants and other wildlife come and go as they please!

After pitching our tents in the campsite at Chobe River Lodge we shopped for our first self-cooked meal. We enjoyed amazing fillet steak (R55 a kilo in Botswana), mealies and rolls, washed down with the adventurers travel mate, Captain Morgan and coke. A stunning sunset over the Choberiver bade farewell to another special day!