Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-15-2012, 08:42 PM   #241
nikhuzlan
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 105
[b]Sahur Full-Moon Off-Road Ride[/b] 3aug2012

Sahur Full-Moon Off-Road Ride
3aug2012

The Holy Month of Ramadhan is approaching its mid-life. The full moon will be out, marking the 14th day. The weather has been good,
apart from the haze coming in from Indonesia.

Its time to do something different.

To get through the full day fasting, Muslims normally wakes up about 1 hour before the first light of dawn creeps into the morning sky.
Then its one whole day of abstinence from food and any form of water. Smoking and all other 'worldly desires' are prohibited during
the same period.

Meaning riding a bike during the fasting period will be particularly taxing.

Hence the need to do more night riding. Which leads us to this ride.

24 bikes turned up that night. Including two Lady Motorraders, Justine on her F650GS and Khai on her G650GS.

Pictures tell the story better;

My ride started earlier. After breaking of fasting that day, I rode to the local Harley dealership
to hang out with my harley friends. Coincidentally they were also doing a Sahur Ride, heading
to Malacca, 170km South by highway.

The Crossbone and the moon.

I 'borrowed' my wife's Baby GS for this ride as it was parked most conveniently in the garage.
Parked silently with Harleys in the background

The Harley Boys

By the time I left HD there was about 20 HDs of arious sizes that turned up.

It was a short 12km ride to our RV point, a gas station just of the man NSH Highway that leads to KLIA, KL's Airport.
By the time I got there Cee Kay and 5 others were already there.

Within the next 10 minutes more arrived. Plenty of Baby GS on this ride.

The Tiger was also present

3 Multis turned up including the one ridden by the DCM President.

Our favorite whipping boy, Lamb, on his MTS2

Waiting for the last two

We were scheduled to leave at 2330.

We rode the Highway for about 18km.

We turned off the highway and found ourselves at the start of the gravel route after 5 minutes riding.

ABS n ASC set.

26km of off-road awaits ahead

Crossing this unused uncompleted bridge.

We descended from the bridge into a small complex of 100houses

After which the road got really dark.
[

And into a more rugged off-road track

After 30 minutes of riding we stopped here for some photos

I was pleased with the pictures from my Olympus, shot using just moonlight.

After the lengthy stop, enjoying the moonlight, we rode to Banting for some refreshments

From there we rode to Bukit Jugra, to the lighthouse viewpoint.

the Lighthouse

Our sahur was 75km away in KL.

We left for home by 5AM.

The video below tells a better story.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0lpt2V2YJM
nikhuzlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 07:40 PM   #242
Panny
motorcycle vagabond

Oddometer: 121
German couple riding around the world

Hi!

We are a German couple riding around the world for allmost 2.5 years now.
In mid october weŽll ship our bikes to East Timor. Might take us roughly two month to get to Malaysia (app. mid December?). We havenŽt yet decided, if weŽll stick to West Malaysia or if weŽll do a detour to the east (Borneo), too.

The most important and enjoyable thing about our journey is to meet fellow minded local bike riders/travellers!

If you are interested to meet us, just drop us a message. We would love to stay with you for a night or two and swap some travellerŽs stories or talk about bikes or what ever!

Furthermore we are very interested in the motorcycle club scene. I work as a freelancer for the german MC-magazine (bikers news) and I plan to write an articel about the MC/biker-scene in south-east-asia.
Therefore we would welcome any chance to get an idea of malaysian motorcycle club life or to attend motorcycle meetings.
By the way: how do I have to imagine a malaysian motorcycle rally? Is it like in Europe, where many riders gather somewhere in the nature and camp there? At night thereŽs usually some entertainment programm. How about Malaysia? Or is it more a ride-out and a party in bar, like it is done in some other countries.

Cheers

Panny
Old 03-19-2013, 03:12 AM   #243
4Skins
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 466
Planning a trip to Malaysia

Hello from New Zealand

My friend Oscar and I will be coming up to Sepang MotoGP 12/13 October this year. We will be departing from Singapore 18 Oct at the end of the week following the GP. This means we have about three days to travel from Sepang to Singapore.

Flights are the only concrete plans at this stage and we need to plan the 3 day trip south. This may or may involve riding motorcycles. We would love to hear from some locals with touring suggestions, places to visit, accommodation ideas and travel tips. Rental car and train are the other possibilities I guess.

Cheers, Johnny
Wellington NZ
Old 04-12-2013, 01:49 AM   #244
dinar
DINAR

Oddometer: 18
Bikers Indonesia mencari info riding di Malaysia (Trip to malaysia)

Dear Bikers Malaysia,

Saya Dinar, pengendara Honda GL200 di Indonesia (Jakarta, Indonesia).
Saya bersama rekan rekan berencana untuk touring riding lintas Kalimantan (Borneo) menuju Kota Kuching, Malaysia.

Berencana untuk pergi ke Kuching di bulan Desember 2013.

Riding melalui Pontianak dan lintas batas di Entikong Indonesia menuju Kuching.

Saya membutuhkan informasi:
1. Proses lintas batas di Entikong, dari Indonesia menuju Malaysia
2. Apakah perlu sponsor dari pihak Biker Malaysia untuk melintas lintas batas tersebut
3. Apakah kami harus menggunakan SIM / Driving Licences International atau kah cukup menggunakan Driving Licences Indonesia
4. Apakah ada dari teman teman Malaysia bisa memperkenalkan ke kami Bikers Club Malaysia (di Kuching) untuk kami dapat melakukan korespodensi.

Apabila berkenan dapat membalas di forum ini, atau melalui email ke: dia.dinar@gmail.com

Terima kasih banyak
Old 10-14-2013, 11:50 PM   #245
Jusadvrider
n00b

Oddometer: 1
service BMW bikes malaysia motorrad

Hi, planning to ride Thailand and Malaysia. I jus wada check if BMW motorrad malaysia service bikes not register in malaysia?
Jusadvrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 07:21 AM   #246
watchman64
n00b

Oddometer: 9
Hey fellow Malaysians, nice to see the enthusiasm in this thread. Hope to meet and get to know you guys sometime.

Cheers!
watchman64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 02:51 AM   #247
TassieMark
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 246
Sarawak - Kalimantan

I'm researching my return trip from Europe to Australia and I'm looking at avoiding sea border crossings as much as possible, ideally only Timor Leste to Australia.
Is it possible to catch a ferry from mainland Malaysia to Sarawak and cross the land border into Kalimantan?
Regards,
Mark
TassieMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 09:07 AM   #248
watchman64
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by TassieMark View Post
I'm researching my return trip from Europe to Australia and I'm looking at avoiding sea border crossings as much as possible, ideally only Timor Leste to Australia.
Is it possible to catch a ferry from mainland Malaysia to Sarawak and cross the land border into Kalimantan?
Regards,
Mark
Mark, unfortunately there is none at the moment. The old ferry operator went bankrupt due to poor management. But if you do make the hard decision to call over, you may want to include Sabah and Labuan as well. Historically these states have long ties with Australia and Britain since WWII. Also the adventure will make it up big time. The scenes have strong contrast once you leave the cities.

All the best on your journey!
Old 03-04-2014, 09:56 PM   #249
TassieMark
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by watchman64 View Post
Mark, unfortunately there is none at the moment. The old ferry operator went bankrupt due to poor management. But if you do make the hard decision to call over, you may want to include Sabah and Labuan as well. Historically these states have long ties with Australia and Britain since WWII. Also the adventure will make it up big time. The scenes have strong contrast once you leave the cities.

All the best on your journey!
Hi Watchman64
Thanks for your post, I certainly will visit Sabah and Labuan if I can find convenient sea freight to Borneo. Looking at your photos, they remind me of Sumbawa, Flores and Timor, islands of fond memories.
I've just sent off some emails to freight companies so we will see.
Regards,
Mark
Old 03-12-2014, 01:00 AM   #250
TassieMark
Gnarly Adventurer

Sarawak RORO update

Quote:
Hi Watchman64
Thanks for your post, I certainly will visit Sabah and Labuan if I can find convenient sea freight to Borneo. Looking at your photos, they remind me of Sumbawa, Flores and Timor, islands of fond memories.
I've just sent off some emails to freight companies so we will see.
Regards,
Mark
I just received an email from Trinergy Worldwide Shipping confirming that they operate a RORO service between Port Klang and Kuching.
Old 03-15-2014, 12:16 AM   #251
watchman64
n00b

Quote:
I just received an email from Trinergy Worldwide Shipping confirming that they operate a RORO service between Port Klang and Kuching.
That's good to hear. I was away last week in Singapore and met up with a couple of friends who are exploring shipping their bikes to Kuching for a 10 day adventure.