ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carpet baggers.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Results: Have you ridden Pachaug Trail before?
Yes 145 25.17%
No 151 26.22%
I have not but I want to! 285 49.48%
I am scared to ride it.... 10 1.74%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 576. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-12-2014, 01:40 PM   #10876
DariusFriedel
Slicker than an M59

Oddometer: 1,723
Quote:
Originally Posted by motogo1 View Post
Got B HiPoint in 1982 (yes, I still have the trophy..lol) only issue with some of those is they broke the rear motor mount which was part of the engine case.
'82? Wasn't that the year World War II started?

If it wasn't for all the rocks, roots, trees, hills, mud, ruts, logs, sand, and lack of tar, I'd be a damn good off-road rider!

Darius on Dirt
DariusFriedel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 01:49 PM   #10877
Rusty Rocket
Life behind "Bars"

Oddometer: 8,375
Quote:
Originally Posted by DariusFriedel View Post
'82? Wasn't that the year World War II started?
we raced enduros uphill both ways and it was all mud and the suspensions only worked on the trailer on the way to the event to make the tie-downs work. The brakes were the bottom of your boots. And while you were makin poo in yer pants we were pickin up trophies.
Member of: AMA, NETRA, Blue Ribbon Coalition, CCCofVT, Berkshire TR, CT Ramblers
Rusty Rocket is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 01:50 PM   #10878
Happy Seal
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,536
No, that was the year of the great repression.
Happy Seal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 02:46 PM   #10879
craftyboy
Ed

Oddometer: 342
Quote:
Originally Posted by DariusFriedel View Post
I was thinking the same. We could try an outdo him...

"MOTO-AMERICAN MADNESS, 1500 miles, 7 Middle Eastern Countries on KTM 500EXC's"

We do Pachaug, then the other 7 countries and we have him beat.

edcrane.com
craftyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 02:48 PM   #10880
ctoldie
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by motogo1 View Post
Sons name? Maybe I knew him.
We lived in Acton, Ma at the time, so probably not.
ctoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 06:41 PM   #10881
alcontrast
at least I'm trying

Oddometer: 1,546
Quote:
Originally Posted by bomber1965 View Post
Just the $120 Baja design universal fork mount plus some scrap 3/8 round bar hand bent and welded!
Or 4 rubber lined stainless P-clamps, some sheet metal and a bit of work. I can do some shitty MIG welding if you want to build a little tubular/round bar frame like that one that was shown with the dual light bars. A bit of welding and a bunch of grinding is my weld style but with some paint the finished product usually looks just fine. You could do the welding yourself if you want to give it a try. Redbeard and I fabbed up some stuff for the rear sub-frame on his Dakar when he had it and he did half the welding himself. I made a headlight guard (since removed), rear rack, and some other stuff for my f650 and it usually ends up being more heavy duty than needed even if it is sort of half assed..

headlight guard in early stages..

almost finished tail rack.. I ended up adding mounting points for a top case later. Damn my bike was so clean back then...

When in doubt, gas it. It will either fix the problem, or at the very least end the suspense.

07 650GS / 05 DRZ400S / 72 CB350 (that hasn't run since shortly after I bought it)
alcontrast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 11:09 AM   #10882
x5acob
man without a bike.

Oddometer: 57
hey guys, u won't see me riding this year.(unless i get a new job or come into some money) got myself a bunch of new gear for xmas, a month later my bike was stolen. why anyone would bother stealing an old beat up klr 250, i'll never know. eventually I will get something, but it takes a long time to save $ when you barely make over min wage! guess i'll be doing alot of backyard mechanic work this year! but ya, figured i'd let y'all know. have fun this year!

(won't bother telling u to keep ur eyes open, because we all know theres no point.)

p.s. anyone have a REALLY cheap bike let me know
Old 03-15-2014, 11:48 AM   #10883
Happy Seal
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,536
Quote:
Originally Posted by x5acob View Post
hey guys, u won't see me riding this year.(unless i get a new job or come into some money) got myself a bunch of new gear for xmas, a month later my bike was stolen. why anyone would bother stealing an old beat up klr 250, i'll never know. eventually I will get something, but it takes a long time to save $ when you barely make over min wage! guess i'll be doing alot of backyard mechanic work this year! but ya, figured i'd let y'all know. have fun this year!

(won't bother telling u to keep ur eyes open, because we all know theres no point.)

How about an older XR 250 for $950? It is in New England Dirt Bike classifieds.

Sorry bout your misfortune. Time to move out of Willadrugville heh?
Happy Seal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 12:56 PM   #10884
ChrisRiedinger
Specialized

Oddometer: 596
Quote:

I have a 2000 KTM 300exc I will let go for cheap- needs motor rebuilt. I started the project but began traveling and haven't had the time to finish it. Im moving west- and it doesn't make sense to try to ship at this time. I got it for a song, so I will pass on the savings to the next owner. Hell, since you're a fucker (and a fellow diesel dubber) I might even consider a deposit plus weekly paypal payments
ChrisRiedinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 02:04 PM   #10885
lilolita
fahr mit mir

Oddometer: 1,275
Quote:

Dude, I'm so sorry. It sounds like you didn't have insurance? Progressive took good care of me when Elsa the Dizzer was stolen. Although cold, hard cash will never heal that initial "wha? wha just happened?".
New England to New Scotland

lilolita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 03:48 PM   #10886
Rusty Rocket
Life behind "Bars"

Oddometer: 8,375
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilolita View Post
Dude, I'm so sorry. It sounds like you didn't have insurance? Progressive took good care of me when Elsa the Dizzer was stolen. Although cold, hard cash will never heal that initial "wha? wha just happened?".
Sorry to hear about the stolen bike. An old KLR might seem like much to you, but crooks don't know much about bikes, they just steal. I came out of a party at an Elks Club one time and I had a Kawasaki 400 2 stroke triple and it wwas parked next to 2 big BMW bikes, but the crooks were trying to steal my bike. We ran at them but they had a get away driver a couple feet away and escaped.

Glad to hear Progressive is good, I've had them for years and never needed them luckily
Member of: AMA, NETRA, Blue Ribbon Coalition, CCCofVT, Berkshire TR, CT Ramblers
Rusty Rocket is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 04:12 PM   #10887
Capt. REDBEARD
TWECO

Oddometer: 1,072
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisRiedinger View Post
I have a 2000 KTM 300exc I will let go for cheap- needs motor rebuilt. I started the project but began traveling and haven't had the time to finish it. Im moving west- and it doesn't make sense to try to ship at this time. I got it for a song, so I will pass on the savings to the next owner. Hell, since you're a fucker (and a fellow diesel dubber) I might even consider a deposit plus weekly paypal payments
Nice offer.
Where you moving to?

if the ocean were whiskey and I were a duck - I'd swim to the bottom and never come up
Capt. REDBEARD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 07:12 AM   #10888
nobody
motomaniac

Oddometer: 1,681
Who knows what are the conditions of the loop?I got a serious desire of getting my new KTM down for a loop!I just can't take it anymore ,she is ready and I'm not riding her.Damn this cold!
Old 03-16-2014, 07:24 AM   #10889
akarob
Green Cantern

Oddometer: 7,365
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobody View Post
Who knows what are the conditions of the loop?I got a serious desire of getting my new KTM down for a loop!I just can't take it anymore ,she is ready and I'm not riding her.Damn this cold!
I'd be up for a ride ASAP. I still have the spiked tires on, but I think I'll be putting the regular tires on by next weekend. It's not a huge job.
akarob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 07:43 AM   #10890
alexcorral
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,234
Quote:
Originally Posted by akarob View Post
I'd be up for a ride ASAP. I still have the spiked tires on, but I think I'll be putting the regular tires on by next weekend. It's not a huge job.
I'm in
alexcorral is offline   Reply With Quote